Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It will take a lot of mishaps and misfortunes for him to really go broke, by that I mean dead in the water broke. But in his eyes, 20 mill is broke. Keep in mind his homes and cars require a lot of upkeep. Even his new ventures require investment money out of his pocket, which he may or may not make back. He is using his name to promote his business and that is only because his name is still relevant. Overtime he's going to become less relevant and won't have as many legs to stand on. His businesses need to actually deliver or they're going to fail. Like Shakur Stevenson wasn't sold because he alluded that Mayweather was all talk and wasn't very organized.

But ultimately, if he loses his fortunes I think his ego will be the culprit. He goes out of his way to impress people, especially women. He will keep bumping up the price if he does not get the reception that he wants. Like the video where the nurse didn't know who he was and he kept bragging and bragging. Then at the end said he will just pay in cash even though he has insurance.

Last edited:
Floyd ain't going broke :lol:

The people around have jobs. Not just hanging around like a Tyson or MC Hammer entourage.

He is investing money in real estate. He's a promoter too.

It's crazy people want/wish to see him go broke. Is it because he didn't lose in the ring, so you want to see him lose in life?

If anybody is going broke it's Broner. Dude trying to be Floyd without Floyd money.

Wonder how long Robert Easter's contract under AB promotions is

Even if this isn't true, Floyd will be 50 in ten years.

Doubt he'll be spending money like this at 50. I personally don't think he'll be "broke"
Yea but his entourage is huge. I'm sure it costs a lot to pay all his handlers and body guards thots etc. Dude also spends a lot of bread gambling, making it rain in strip clubs, buying people cars etc, flying on his private jet. Once the money stops coming in like his boxing days if he doesn't stop spending it's a wrap. His investments may keep him good, but I just don't see him being able to sustain the flashy lifestyle. Plus after taxes, paying his team etc that 200 mil plus he made fighting PAC man was prob like 70- 100 mil. Seems like a lot but when you're buying 3.5 million dollar Bugattis etc, that money can disappear fast. Look at Tyson, Holyfield etc. I remember hearing about Floyd losing some bread from a bad investment a min back. There's a reason he's fighting Connor, he needs the money because he's prob been spending too much and needs another big check to maintain his lifestyle. It seems like dudes with reeaaaall long paper billionaires aren't wasting money like Floyd. The humble non-flashy dudes usually keep their generational wealth.

"Spend a check and get it right back"

Floyd does gamble a lot.... he has the money to bet on the favorites.

He makes a lot of money from gambling. Trust me. He wins way MORE than he ever loses.

Gervonta & Broner beefin though 
nerd.gif

Top Rank Boxing‏Verified account @trboxing  3h3 hours ago
It's official: @mannypacquiao will fight @jeffhornboxer in Brisbane, Australia, Saturday, July 1st. Stay tuned for more info.

Last edited:
So was it ever determined whether the last Floyd vs. Broner "beef" was for promotion or not? And wasn't Broner just partying with Floyd in Miami? Now he's a *****? Is all this bs actually benefitting anybody's pockets?

Davis comes off looking pretty lame from what I've seen so far. Wouldn't mind seeing Davis vs. Farmer tho.

Mayweather and Broner have a vicious cycle of love and hate going on. They'll be hugged up again in due time.

Last edited:
So was it ever determined whether the last Floyd vs. Broner "beef" was for promotion or not? And wasn't Broner just partying with Floyd in Miami? Now he's a *****? Is all this bs actually benefitting anybody's pockets?

Davis comes off looking pretty lame from what I've seen so far. Wouldn't mind seeing Davis vs. Farmer tho.
It's definitely boxing promotion in the digital era. Even that Davis/Farmer incident looked obviously staged.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom