Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They take taxes out these guys purses?

Well I know UFC distributes 1099's. So I am assuming boxing is the same. So the fighters file their taxes and should expense their training costs, travel, manager fees, trainer fees, etc. But some do no.

Last edited:
Isnt it more about about them needing to fight bigger name opponents

To maximize their $ potential. Jermell "only" made 100K this fight and he holds the WBC belt.

Well that too but who are the big names in the division who they haven't fought yet aside from Andrade? If they're to make the fight today, it wouldn't sniff PPV. The twins should be farther along in their career at this point. They obviously embrace the villain role. They just to take it a bit further to make themselves bigger names and then everything else should fall into place when a formidable opponent comes along.

Anyone catch the valdez/mariaga fight? Helluva scrap, valdez was really tested tonight.

On a side note, for some reason i can't stand TRs Christina Ponchers commentary

Where did you watch? For future reference :nerd:

How was zurdo tonight

Last edited:
C-ECqq5U0AAB3nF.jpg

Anyone catch the valdez/mariaga fight? Helluva scrap, valdez was really tested tonight.

On a side note, for some reason i can't stand TRs Christina Ponchers commentary

Where did you watch? For future reference
nerd.gif

How was zurdo tonight
meh, Bursak was in survival mode tho. 
 Dan Rafael‏Verified account @danrafaelespn  1h1 hour ago
 Hughie Fury pulls out of heavyweight title fight vs @joeboxerparker.My story http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ight-title-bout-fury-pulls-undisclosed-injury … @kevinbarrynzl @DucoEvents @CarlMoretti

Last edited:
Rosado got robbed...I thought he won by 2 rounds, or it was a draw.

I dont even know why that ***** even boxes anymore.

Look at what you replied to :lol:

In retrospect, anyone who went the distance with Shawn Porter should get props.

Kell Brook the only welterweight to thoroughly dominate Porter in the ring. It was literally like watching a bullfight. Kell Brook and his jab we just killing him

This is what frustrated me about the fight. You KNOW who you're fighting. At this point you should KNOW what you're getting in that fight. This is what a training camp is for.

Come up with a game plan to deal with it. It seemed like Berto didn't have one really.

This is what frustrated me about the fight. You KNOW who you're fighting. At this point you should KNOW what you're getting in that fight. This is what a training camp is for.

Come up with a game plan to deal with it. It seemed like Berto didn't have one really.

Despite what he said about his new found hunger, i dont think berto gives a **** anymore. You can tell by his body language last night that he showed up just for the check. I think it was the round before he got stopped, Virgil asked what was he doing on the ropes, and this dude sat there with his head down and mumbled "i dont know"

Oddly enough, last night was my first live fight. My boy's lady got him tix for his bday and he brought me.

I always felt like the food and liquor was cheaper and better on my couch.

So I didn't get any between round commentary either. But I WAS in the arena screaming "USE YOUR FEET". "GET OUT" at Berto.

I didn't really have a horse in the race but I was puzzled as to why he was sitting on the ropes letting Porter tee off. Unless he was already done.

Look at what you replied to :lol:

Despite what he said about his new found hunger, i dont think berto gives a **** anymore. You can tell by his body language last night that he showed up just for the check. I think it was the round before he got stopped, Virgil asked what was he doing on the ropes, and this dude sat there with his head down and mumbled "i dont know"

Porter's pressure and inside game is one of a kind. Berto's not a guy who's gonna effectively stick and move against even average competition. It's not easy to deal with AT ALL - especially if Porter has a size advantage on you. He was the underdog and past his prime - he gave a good effort but fought a younger, better guy. Nothing else he could've done.

Back
Top Bottom