Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pac already said he intends to exercise the option for the rematch right? Or do you think Horn wins that fight again?

Crawford-Matthysse at 147 would probably be an easy fight to make.

I expect Crawford to meet Horn at some point and I am expecting Horn to actually defeat Pacquiao this time. Matthysse's last fought in May so that could work. Mauricio Herrera and Sadam Ali both coming off wins could be good first opponents at 147 too.

Could a Broner fight happen?

Does AB make enough noise that when Crawford beats him, it increases his (Crawford's) star power?

Just a thought but I was thinking maybe Broner/Matthysse. Or Broner/Khan.

But I still want Brook and Khan to happen already.

^
I can see that, although I prob would try to max out AB's pay if he's going to catch another L.

I said it before and I'll say it again, he should've fought the other Garcia. The antics between AB and Angel would've been epic. Most casuals are just looking for the sideshow spectacle. Gives Danny a good name to bounce back and gives AB a top opponent to lose to, not just some middle of the road guy making him look worse.

I'm with you Phillip on the Brook vs Khan matchup, still pull for my dude Khan, he's got a few paydays left in him.

When it takes someone 10minutes to find a thread labeled "official 2017 Boxing...." and they are typing "official boxing" into the search box for titles/threads only......can't be a good look.

I ended up finding it on the 6th page of my watched threads, or I never would have found it, search is no help.

Looking forward to the Crawford/Indongo fight, should be a good one. Crawford at some point should leave Top Rank. I'm surprised this fight didn't get the hype and build up leading in considering it's a unification fight. Very strange, yet the Lomachenko/Marriaga fight was being built up, and talked about leading to that tilt.

**** is so ridiculous when I look at the boxing section on my ESPN app and it's......

Mayweather/McGregor
Mayweather/McGregor
Mayweather/McGregor
Mayweather/McGregor
Mayweather/McGregor
Mayweather/McGregor
Crawford/Indongo
Mayweather/McGregor
Mayweather/McGregor
Mayweather/McGregor
Mayweather/McGregor
Mayweather/McGregor

When ESPN is showing the ****ing fight and it stands a good chance to be the better and more
competitive contest.

For ESPN, the talk shows and debates they have everyday keep their lights on. Of course they're going to cover more of what appeals to the general public.

For ESPN, the talk shows and debates they have everyday keep their lights on. Of course they're going to cover more of what appeals to the general public.

But they can actually use the fervor for Mayweather/McGregor to promote/market the fight they are actually airing.

Mayweather/McGregor
Crawford/Indongo
Mayweather/McGregor
Crawford/Indongo
Mayweather/McGregor
Crawford/Indongo
Mayweather/McGregor
Crawford/Indongo

Would make more sense.

They can throw in Crawford-Indongo to try to promote it, but it won't make a difference. The only ones watching the fight will be actual boxing fans. Just like how Jordan brand can have all of Team Jordan wear and promote the Jordan XXXI. They're still getting marked down and the only people buying them are the ones who will actually hoop in them.

But Jordan Brand does do that. And probably does see some return from it when it comes to concrete revenue or they wouldn't do it.

You would think ESPN would find a way to promote their own product amidst the other ****.

I do marketing and promotion for a living. They already have what's called a "foot in the door" to market and promote THEIR product via May/Mac.

I agree that ESPN should do a little more legwork for the Crawford-Indongo fight. But they probably do not care or think it wouldn't help the slightest bit. Ultimately, they will give the most airtime to the hottest topics. They've been talking about where LeBron James might end up after next season everyday for the past two months and the NBA season doesn't even start until October.

Agree with both.
Truth is the sport needs to market the fighter more. Showcase they're personalities.
Bud has been dominating and he's a mean lil bastard, play off that. Promote the image and build a persona.
Overall though, if Tecate can have Canelo and Stallone pushing beer they can push for more sponsorship of other fighters with lesser known partnership brands.
ESPN can spare more resources to promote a "real sport" like boxing.
As much time and money they put into the world series of poker you can't tell me you can't run more promos for boxing.

Agreed.

I mean I get it to a certain extent when it comes to coverage and eyes.

But I don't like it and I think there's a way to juggle both in a way that actually benefits them and their product.

Especially if this is part of a long term play with Top Rank and Boxing in general.

This is going to be a good fight.

Didn't know the undercards were coming on so early

Back
Top Bottom