OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol:  Nope. Urban. 

False

The way it's been explained to me was about 70% Warinner. Beck and Urban each had "input." Ultimately, I think the fact that Urban just give him 100% was why the offense took so long to get plays and why we seemed to struggle to get a rhythm. But there was also a reason Urban didn't give him the offense completely...

Thought Herman completely contradicted that, but could be wrong

Thought Herman completely contradicted that, but could be wrong

He said it wasn't beck (the guy who he just hired), it was Warriner. Man all Urban hate aside you think he'd be THAT bad at calling them plays? :lol: I still blame him for not stepping in though

In 2006, Warrick Dunn presented Deshaun Watson's (boy in black sweatshirt) family with a Habitat for Humanity home​
C1z_reoUsAA23EQ.jpg
:nthat:

Wow, Anu Solomon transferring to Baylor? Seems like an odd choice for someone who wants for sure playing time, no?

I have said it before and I will say it again, **** Dabo 

Seth Russell graduated. Anu is the most experienced QB on the roster.

And Dabo makes it so difficult to root for him.

Isn't Tufele last OV with Utah? Could be a problem.

Big 3 weekends of OV here for the next 3 weeks. Gonna make an appearance on 1/20 and drop some bags off

Hurts is going to get savaged in the local media this offseason
laugh.gif
And number of the Anglo contingent Bama fans have already voiced their displeasure for wanting to get rid of him. Buncha clowns.
He did not play well, and you could point to his play as being one of the main reasons they lost, but the reality is that he should have never been put in that situation in the first place.  Saban and Alabama considering the resources they have at their disposal have done a terrible job evaluating talent at that position. 

There's a reason only one true freshman has lead his squad to a NC, and that guy when healthy was perhaps the greatest option QB to ever play the game. 

I feel for the kid for all the BS he's going to have to put up with this off-season, and hope for his sake that he can block it out. 

Last edited:
Bama's hasn't had an elite QB since Saban got there and he's won 4 titles, while being the premiere program, I think they'll be just fine. The overreaction to Hurts is ridiculous. The loss of Bo, the defense, and the greatness of Watson and his receivers are as much if not more at fault than Hurts. He was able to manage them to a 14-0 record while not being asked to do much, this is the worst he'll likely ever be as a QB. 

For all the hindsight saying Hurts is probably the best QB Saban has had at Bama. Had anywhere?

It's going to be interesting when Tua gets there though.

Saban plays seniority just like everyone else (see: Greg McIlroy and AJ McCarron.) it's going to be interesting to see if Tua somehow outplays Jalen in camp if Saban has the balls to name him starter.

Last edited:
Administrators are so herd mentality it's embarrassing. People insist Les is over the hill so they won't hire him because no one else did. I bet you if Les was heavily pursued by a P5 school the G5 and even most other P5 would be falling 9over themselves to hire him.

Same way if two big schools swear a coach is legit they all want him.

No way you can tell me Les Miles isn't a top 40 college football coach right now. Les needs to stop being so thirsty to coach in '17 and wait.

Last edited:
Administrators are so herd mentality it's embarrassing. People insist Les is over the hill so they won't hire him because no one else did. I bet you if Les was heavily pursued by a P5 school the G5 and even most other P5 would be falling 9over themselves to hire him.

Same way if two big schools swear a coach is legit they all want him.

No way you can tell me Les Miles isn't a top 40 college football coach right now. Les needs to stop being so thirsty to coach in '17 and wait.
I agree, but I wish he would just replace Corso on CGD.

Back
Top Bottom