OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB  7m7 minutes ago

SOURCE: #Temple's Matt Rhule has accepted the #Baylor HC coaching job - @FoxSports report:

He's a good coach, but I dont see this ending well. 

He's a NE guy, and I'm not sure that offense is going to play down there with fans or TX HS recruits.  He should have chilled at Temple and waited for something like BC or Rutgers to open up.  He probably would have been a candidate at ND next year too. 

BC or Rutgers is not much of a jump

SOURCE: #Temple's Matt Rhule has accepted the #Baylor HC coaching job - @FoxSports report:

He's a NE guy, and I'm not sure that offense is going to play down there with fans or TX HS recruits.  He should have chilled at Temple and waited for something like BC or Rutgers to open up.  He probably would have been a candidate at ND next year too. 

This. Good resume but no experience coaching in TX or the Big 12. We already saw how that turned out for someone like Charlie Strong...and even his job of cleaning up Texas wasn't as bad as what Rhule will face at Baylor.

This. Good resume but no experience coaching in TX or the Big 12. We already saw how that turned out for someone like Charlie Strong...and even his job of cleaning up Texas wasn't as bad as what Rhule will face at Baylor.
It's an interesting hire... 

You'd have been hard-pressed to get me to be the guy that follows Briles. 

Odd fit... Going to be tough to salvage much of this recruiting class with the dead period fast approaching, one commit, and no ties to recruiting Texas ever.

Wish pumphrey go invited to New York instead of these big 12 guys.

Nobody plays defense in the big 12.

Last edited:
Blake never really gotta chance at Bama, lets be real. He went 5-6 100 yards and 1 td against the Trojans and we're ready to throw in the towel on him?

Pretty sure the hopes were high for Max Browne coming into this season even though he was nothing to get excited about his first two seasons.

Only thing the other ASU QB's have over him is time spent in the program. He's way more talented then all of him. Only concern i have for Blake is perhaps upstairs.
Were you watching the same Bama/USC game? Barnett got literally 90 of those yards on two passes in the 4th quarter against a tired embarrassed defense. He was benched after the second series because he was atrocious early against SC's starters. Up to his benching, USC was winning the game while he was in. They put in a serviceable QB and blew the doors off the game.

I'm not saying he's not going to be good. I'm saying he hasn't shown anything yet that implies he will beat out a good starter anywhere, and Wilkins looked good and White honestly looked identical to Blake.

Last edited:

It's an interesting hire... 

You'd have been hard-pressed to get me to be the guy that follows Briles. 

Odd fit... Going to be tough to salvage much of this recruiting class with the dead period fast approaching, one commit, and no ties to recruiting Texas ever.

If it doesn't work out, I wont be heartbroken... I wouldn't mind seeing Baylor enter the dark ages again for another 20 years.

BC or Rutgers is not much of a jump

Neither is Baylor, don't let Briles run fool you.

Were you watching the same Bama/USC game? Barnett got literally 90 of those yards on two passes in the 4th quarter against a tired embarrassed defense. He was benched after the second series because he was atrocious early against SC's starters. Up to his benching, USC was winning the game while he was in. They put in a serviceable QB and blew the doors off the game.

I'm not saying he's not going to be good. I'm saying he hasn't shown anything yet that implies he will beat out a good starter anywhere, and Wilkins looked good and White honestly looked identical to Blake.

of course i watched. Not enough shown for me to think he can't beat out any of the average dudes at ASU. He obviously wasnt going to transfer somewhere like New Mexico. He was going to a "big" program or someone that plays in a big conference, ASU is that place for him to go if he's confident in himself.

My cousin who lives in LA is so lucky her alma mater Penn St playing in the Rose Bowl :pimp:

Too bad the tickets are crack head prices :x

tell her not to give up. That stadium is huge. Prices will get more realistic.

BUT, i can see ticket prices somewhat sticking since both programs are pumped to be in it. Had it be Wisconsin, ticket prices would have been calm.

Rose Bowl ticket prices are usually out of this world or at the point where you can't even give them away.

Pretty solid source said that he may have gotten after it before boarding the plane post SEC CG... Guess we will see

Back
Top Bottom