Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Melo is still an elite scorer but he's been making some bonehead plays and forcing the game in a way that he wasn't last season.

Last season we saw the greatest version of Carmelo. Consummate team player and a tenacious defender.

I don't know if he's still trying to find his role on this new roster, if he's burned out from the Olympics, if he's just lost a step....or a combination of all of those things.

But I have complete faith in dude. By the All-Star break he'll be back to himself and we'll be in the top half of the Eastern Conference standings.

Slashing D. Rose x Olympic Melo x Unstoppable KP x Skilled energy guys off the bench...this is gonna be the most fun Knick season in a while.

ooops

http://gothamist.com/2016/11/23/james_dolan_house_of_blues.php

[h1]Huge Credit Card Data Breach Hits MSG, Radio City Music Hall Customers[/h1]
BY DAVID COLON  IN FOOD ON NOV 23, 2016 11:02 AM

112316msg.jpg

(Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

Hey things are pretty good at Madison Square Garden these days, huh? You've got the Rangers leading their division  with an exciting, uptempo brand of hockey and the Knicks have a Porzingis doing Porzingis things. Yep, things are great at the World's Most Famous Arena, but don't worry if you haven't been able to afford a ticket to see anything there, because it turns out that for just under a year, hackers had access to customers' credit card information.

The World's Most Famous Data Breach ran from November 9th, 2015 to October 24th, 2016, according to PIX11. Hackers gained access to credit card numbers, names on those cards and expiration dates from customers at MSG, Radio City Music Hall, The Beacon Theater and the Chicago Theater.

Word, cause that is totally what I meant.

If you really want to go there, we can go there though.

NBA players are less likely to come from poor backgrounds

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/03/opinion/sunday/in-the-nba-zip-code-matters.html

Having strong family support makes life easier and allows you to generally have a blueprint toward maturity. KP already has had two brothers who played pro basketball. Those guys are intimately involved in running his day-to-day life still.

I’m not saying anything radical. Growing up without money is hard, growing up with a lack of family support is hard. Lack of role models, positive influences means your going to turn to the best option available which isn’t actually that great.

All you needed to do is read that Durant Rolling Stone article for proof of what I'm saying from the horses mouth. He didn’t have a strong foundational support so when he came into the league, he basically had a bunch of hanger-on’s who mooched off him. Russ on the other hand, grew up with a more stable family life and had a tight circle so he was less prone to be influenced by outside forces.

KP isn’t ever going to get into a brawl or appear in a Stop Snitching video. Melo is a smart, charismatic guy but it took him a long time to really mature as a person and it is what hindered his career the most imo. He’s 30+ now and has become a conscious, empowering voice off the court and it’s been amazing to watch but for a long time in his career, his decision making was just bad.

KP

Lol KP dropped 31 and 9

Melo only took 3 shots in the 4th and put his energy towards hustling

Rose got KP the ball the last possession and then KP gave it back to Rose.

Most importantly, Knicks got the win.

Ppl finding really weird things to be unhappy about.

It's pretty normal in here if you didn't notice. Ppl always find something to cry about. & Knicks fans shouldn't be booing any Knick player AT ALL. That's ridiculous.

It's pretty normal in here if you didn't notice. Ppl always find something to cry about. & Knicks fans shouldn't be booing any Knick player AT ALL. That's ridiculous.

Didn't like the Melo booing at all. He didn't deserve it not one bit last night

LOVED Porzingis missing a few shots in the 4th then coming down & hitting a clutch 3 with no hesitation.

My favorite part about him from last night's game is that when his shot got blocked, it didn't shake KP off. He picked up the ball then shoot the ball again. The ball went in...

My mind was like oh gosh, KP's innate talent is really good as well

Seconded. Sometimes you question whether we have trolls in here or not, I'm always like :x whenever I come in here and read self-sabotaging suggestions or ideas from proclaimed fans. It's bizarre, for sure. Just enjoy the fcking ride. 7th seed & we can knock off Charlotte. thanksgiving blessings, b

Word, cause that is totally what I meant.

If you really want to go there, we can go there though.

NBA players are less likely to come from poor backgrounds

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/03/opinion/sunday/in-the-nba-zip-code-matters.html

Having strong family support makes life easier and allows you to generally have a blueprint toward maturity. KP already has had two brothers who played pro basketball. Those guys are intimately involved in running his day-to-day life still.

I’m not saying anything radical. Growing up without money is hard, growing up with a lack of family support is hard. Lack of role models, positive influences means your going to turn to the best option available which isn’t actually that great.

All you needed to do is read that Durant Rolling Stone article for proof of what I'm saying from the horses mouth. He didn’t have a strong foundational support so when he came into the league, he basically had a bunch of hanger-on’s who mooched off him. Russ on the other hand, grew up with a more stable family life and had a tight circle so he was less prone to be influenced by outside forces.

KP isn’t ever going to get into a brawl or appear in a Stop Snitching video. Melo is a smart, charismatic guy but it took him a long time to really mature as a person and it is what hindered his career the most imo. He’s 30+ now and has become a conscious, empowering voice off the court and it’s been amazing to watch but for a long time in his career, his decision making was just bad.

KP
getting drafted, appearing in a stop snitching video, getting into a brawl, having an entourage when you first get into the L all have nothing to do with handling NYC/franchise player pressure though (which is what we were talking about for KP to reach his potential.) Being supported by Carmelo, D Rose, and co and having their bball advice and ability to take pressure off you on and off the floor do. Dude wouldn't have the freedom he has right now if we were built to tank. I'm done though b for real this time. Just couldn't let this logical fallacy slide, son is out here posting articles to support a different argument 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Melo took 3 shots in the 4th and got booed, none within the last 4 minutes. At this point idk what the fans want

He didnt deserve the booing because he played his part in trusting his teammates down the stretch and played solid defense. But did you see the horrible shots he did put up after dribbling for 10 seconds in one spot in the 4th quarter? I think thats when he was actually booed.

Last edited:
He didnt deserve the booing because he played his part in trusting his teammates down the stretch and played solid defense. But did you see the horrible shots he did put up in the 4th quarter? I think thats when he was actually booed.

Horrible shots or not he's a hall of fame iso scorer and made a ton of those horrible shots throughout his career. He only took 3 4th quarter shots and none within the last 4:10 and the game was still in the balance. You want to boo his poor defensive efforts and awful shots when were getting our boots spanked fine but last night wasn't warranted at all. I'm quick to criticize Melo but last night wasn't cool

Last edited:
Melo cuts down on those 10 second iso's & we're a top 5 seed

14 games in we're finally starting to click. Let's take both vs Charlotte this weekend :smokin

NBA legend Donnie Walsh joins The Vertical Podcast with Woj to cover one of this generation’s most accomplished basketball lives.
From the building of the Pacers franchise around Reggie Miller to the challenges of navigating the New York Knicks under owner James Dolan, Walsh details the triumphs and tribulations of a quarter of a century of running NBA front offices.
Walsh covers fascinating territory in his life, including how he nearly accepted a job in Richard Nixon’s law firm, and his memories of playing and coaching under Dean Smith at the University of North Carolina.
November 23, 2016 at 3:01 AM
60.5 MB (Audio)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-vertical-podcast-with-woj/id1065985281?mt=2&i=378178538

Really good Interview. Some questions I never thought I'd have answered.

It kinda looks like they're using KP as a floor spacer in the 4th.

Melo and Rose playing pick and roll with each other while KP waiting at the 3 pt line. KP's man was staying at home with KP. Not a coincidence that Rose was going to the basket.

Now if KP's man was to not stay at home and help out on Rose's drives,best believe that he would've found KP. It's not necessarily 'play keep away from KP in the closing minutes' like a few of you seem to think. Just the Knicks working with what the defense is giving them.

Thank you [emoji]128514[/emoji]. It's not even worth getting into arguments with people who don't know the sport. This isn't a video game, this is real basketball. How much better is KP supposed to be right now? He's avg like 8pts more per game than last year. Melo is shooting a good percentage (despite starting the season horrid from 3) and taking the least amount of shots he ever has. This still isn't good enough? What would make KP better would be to get rid of all the stars we have and make him play by himself, even though he's not a playmaker yet. So yeah, let's have him operate in double and triple coverage and be a star. Afterall, Melo hates him -_-

This team was not built to tank...it was built to win now. After 14 games, The Knicks are shaping up and they will continue to improve the more the rotations are locked in and the more chemistry they build.

Back
Top Bottom