Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I would never seriously advocate trading Melo just because you can't get equal value. But, I don't approve of his play, even if he was making his shots. He's not Steph or Klay man lol. He can't do this every night. Taking every damn three, even with a hand in his face, and doing it out of the flow of the offense..

Lol..

Thank God he was making it though

Last edited:
Damn shame the day people act like at his prime Melo wasn't one of the most versatile scorers with a ridiculous arsenal.

I'm pretty serious. He made his shots tonight and that's great, but I'd like to see him alter his play still. That's not sustainable. Walking the ball up and shooting contested 3s without anyone else touching the ball. He's not Stephen Curry. I'm not debating that he shouldn't look to score the ball. It's the how that I'm concerned with.

Last edited:
I'm pretty serious. He made his shots tonight and that's great, but I'd like to see him alter his play still. That's not sustainable. Walking the ball up and shooting contested 3s without anyone else touching the ball. He's not Stephen Curry. I'm not debating that he shouldn't look to score the ball. It's the how that I'm concerned with.
Can we please get out of a single game where someone doesn't have something negative to say about our guy? Got damn man. 

CompleteMetallicAlaskanhusky.gif

Last edited:
I would never seriously advocate trading Melo just because you can't get equal value. But, I don't approve of his play, even if he was making his shots. He's not Steph or Klay man lol. He can't do this every night. Taking every damn three, even with a hand in his face, and doing it out of the flow of the offense..

:lol:
youre not even a Knicks fan. arent you only here for Rose?
funny thing is, the EXACT same thing you're complaining about Melo, can be said about Rose.

you even mentioned Rose was a decent defender. if shadowing a guy, getting up close on non shooters, and letting his man drive to the hoop is decent, then yeah. Rose was never known for playing defense. being athletic =/= defender. (see Russ ballwatching)
Jennings defense = Rose defense

Melo had to play selfish in the 3rd, because the guards were creating NOTHING.
Melo started to get going after the crossover on Thad Young.

[thread="653116"]Quote:

Originally Posted by arrjae2 

... forget D Rose's numbers.

his turnovers are horrible.

i love what hes doing this season, but dont be fooled folks, he aint the long term answer.

[/thread]
The only real long term answer needs to wait until Melo leaves/retires. For now, just got to make them most of these short term players.

im talking about the point guard situation.
you know, how Rose is in a contract year, and looking to cash in?
im saying dont be fooled by his good play.

i know im sounding like Rose hater :lol:
but like i said before, i like what hes done the season. i just dont want to see us in a give him the max

:lol:
youre not even a Knicks fan. arent you only here for Rose?
funny thing is, the EXACT same thing you're complaining about Melo, can be said about Rose.

you even mentioned Rose was a decent defender. if shadowing a guy, getting up close on non shooters, and letting his man drive to the hoop is decent, then yeah. Rose was never known for playing defense. being athletic =/= defender. (see Russ ballwatching)
Jennings defense = Rose defense

Melo had to play selfish in the 3rd, because the guards were creating NOTHING.
Melo started to get going after the crossover on Thad Young.

He literally willed us to this victory.

We were down 15 until he went crazy. Whole team was flat, first and second team.

Even KP was having another bad shooting game til Melo started force feeding him and turned the momentum around with those big shots.

Lowkey, Melo is a better playmaker than D. Rose.

Last edited:
No disrespect to Steph or Clay but Melo can do this. He's getting old so he has to adjust, but scorers a la Kobe admire him and steal moves from his arsenal. I get he's had some super cold games but you trippin acting like he's jr Smith.

Last edited:
i had to block that asinine fool that is STILL pissed that melo put us back in the game, bc he took shots "out of the offense"? get the **** all the way out of here. i'm blocking any and everyone that continues to talk out of their *****.

Last edited:
We gonna act like Klay Thompson wasn't cold for weeks to start the season? He was shooting something like 19% from 3. Difference is he plays on a team can sustain cold shooting streaks from their stars. We cannot. But I'll take what Melo has given us without complaint. Some days he has it, some days he doesn't. When he doesn't, other guys need to step up. Some of you have definitely forgotten what it feels like to be a trash team already. You talk as if Melo is holding us back from greatness when in fact he's the pillar we're built on. We just need to keep grinding out wins and things will fall into place. All I want from this year is a playoff spot.

We gonna act like Klay Thompson wasn't cold for weeks to start the season? He was shooting something like 19% from 3. Difference is he plays on a team can sustain cold shooting streaks from their stars. We cannot. But I'll take what Melo has given us without complaint. Some days he has it, some days he doesn't. When he doesn't, other guys need to step up. Some of you have definitely forgotten what it feels like to be a trash team already. You talk as if Melo is holding us back from greatness when in fact he's the pillar we're built on. We just need to keep grinding out wins and things will fall into place. All I want from this year is a playoff spot.

I see a playoff spot with this team. The question is how high? It's hard to tell. This team can buckle down and go to 50 wins or be up and down and fall to 8th

As for Melo, I've said my piece. I'm not going to engage in a Melo v Rose debate like some are trying to do

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom