Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

we always lose on christmas... we played catch up the whole game basically... it was cool that we tied it but too little too late... smart should not of even got that shot off... that is what really ruined the game for them to win :smh:

Another case of too little too late. Didn't protect the perimeter or rebound well enough early on. Gave this game away. Definitely a better team than the past few years but obviously a long way to go. Still not sure why Lance gets any minutes. :lol:

One of Hornacek's worst coaching performances this season too.

Hasn't had many bad games but this was one.

Waited too long to put KoQ in after a career game. Put Lance in instead of Kuz. Took Kuz out right after he knocked down a 3.

Brad Stevens out coached him.

Bad rotations and lack of rebounding cost us.

No committed playmaker is killing us.

Too much isos from everyone.

Besides the Cavs, I'd avoid the Celtics like the plague in the playoffs.

Celtics are comfortable attacking the Knicks whether the Knicks go big or small. They can rain 3s or make the extra pass inside.

And this is the first time in a while where I feel koq didn't make his presence felt on the boards. He has spoiled me lately with his high rebounding rate.

Last edited:
I honestly think the one-on-one defense is okay. But when the ball starts getting moved around rapidly on offense they really struggle with the rotations. Which incidentally is the sign of the top teams.

Also the level of rim protection drops off precipitously when Porzingis is out.

It's the rotations. Someone helps. And the third man doesn't rotate over. Reminds me of how the Cavs defended the warriors initially when they went down 1-3. Obviously, Cavs cleaned that up so maybe there's an outside chance Knicks clean up their defensive rotations too?

#thinkingpositively

Back
Top Bottom