Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I'm on the playoff support team. I'd like to have KP have some postseason experience.

KP's playoff experience on a team that's been dreadful for 75% of the year and will get their backs blown by 20 in every game > Fultz, Ball, Smith, Fox, or Ntilikina

That attitude was cool when we were a 3rd seed and could've had home court

Last edited:
KPs development is more important than any mock draft pick, we got big Willy to develop as well. Dont get me wrong a lottery pick is great but I can't root for losses with this team. If langston Galloway is your starting pg and leading scorer then yeah but it is what is, and at the end of the day we still gonna suck :rofl:

Since when has getting any pick outside of the top 5 get us anywhere? This team is ******ed. I know it's hard to tell your players that you're tanking but if this team really thinks it's gonna make the playoffs then they're even more stubborn than Phil

I think Isaiah some decent picks outside the top 5 iirc. We traded them away though anyways. But yea it won't help.

Since when has getting any pick outside of the top 5 get us anywhere? This team is ******ed. I know it's hard to tell your players that you're tanking but if this team really thinks it's gonna make the playoffs then they're even more stubborn than Phil
we haven't had enough top 5 picks to make an assesment And we prolly wont make the playoffs :lol: because we suck

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying though. Staying in that 7-12 range and you'll draft the next sweetney, Jordan hill, frye, etc.

I hope we do our scouting because there's a good chance we'll be in that range again.

That's what I'm saying though. Staying in that 7-12 range and you'll draft the next sweetney, Jordan hill, frye, etc.

I hope we do our scouting because there's a good chance we'll be in that range again.
Or could be in the top 5 and draft the next Kenny Walker. We drafted mark Jackson at 18 which started the ewing era. :pimp:

KPs development is more important than any mock draft pick, we got big Willy to develop as well. Dont get me wrong a lottery pick is great but I can't root for losses with this team. If langston Galloway is your starting pg and leading scorer then yeah but it is what is, and at the end of the day we still gonna suck :rofl:

Bingo. Kuz also

I think Isaiah some decent picks outside the top 5 iirc. We traded them away though anyways. But yea it won't help.

If there was one thing Isaiah did ok it was the draft

Last edited:
Pretty much. Whoever fits the triangle best is who we'll draft. So either miles bridges or the frenchie Frank.

Also i highly disagree on KPs development being more important than who we draft. Plenty of great players missed the playoffs for a handful of years and turned out just fine. Surrounding KP with the right PG will speed up that development much faster than any playoff experience imo.

Last edited:
Pretty much. Whoever fits the triangle best is who we'll draft. So either miles bridges or the frenchie Frank.

Also i highly disagree on KPs development being more important than who we draft. Plenty of great players missed the playoffs for a handful of years and turned out just fine. Surrounding KP with the right PG will speed up that development much faster than any playoff experience imo.
I meant in terms of playing for a pick not how the pick is evaluated. Def wasn't trying to imply any old pg will do..

as a competitor, you can't sell yourself short and not play to win every game. even though it seems like they don't play with 100% effort all the time, it still sucks to lose. personally, i would rather be a 9th seed then just let the other team beat me/us every night, so we can draft a 20 year old to take my starting spot.

I'm sorry, but I've never been a loser and I can't accept that kind of mentality. I will never actively try to lose anything or ever hope my favorite sports team or athlete loses...if they still have a chance to make the next round. This mindset is preposterous to me.

This Knicks team makes me sick AF but as long as there is a chance, I want them to go out there and compete. Easy schedule coming up and teams are sinking fast. Last chance...

Yea as a competitor having that loser mentality is terrible. We're gonna have to shut down Melo for the season for some ******** injury. Or pay a ref to run into
him.

But sacrificing a couple of seasons and tanking
properly (top 5 pick) for the chance of being good the next 5-10 years is a gamble you have to take.

Last edited:
There's pretty much no chance we shut down a healthy Melo, Porzingis, & Melo when we're 4 games out of a playoff spot.

The organization still thinks getting the 8 seed will salvage the season.

Team goes as Melo and then KP goes. They don't want to tank.

So guess they are more stubborn than Phil.

Gotta be a lil insane to expect professional athletes to not wanna win & intentionally lose a game that they've been competing at their whole lives. I'm not even a professional athlete & I absolutely hate to lose.

Team goes as Melo and then KP goes. They don't want to tank.

So guess they are more stubborn than Phil.

tanking is cool if you have a bunch of D-League players on your team. players like Melo, KP, Rose, KOQ, Billy, Lee, and even Lance are not losers. you don't make it in the league with a loser mentality. you don't make it anywhere in life with a loser mentality.

Then I guess we'll be like the kings constantly drafting in that 8-12 range and going no where for a decade.

We had plenty of NBA players with only one top 3 pick in the last 17 years. Hasn't got us anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom