Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I feel you, but these men are professionals. At the end of the day, to not contact management for months isn't a good look. While our management is trash, he's still kinda obligated to speak to them about his gripes and what not.

Remember when the franchise player tried to speak to management? :lol:

Yes I do. I admitted that they're trash, but you still have an obligation to speak to them sometime. Can't just ignore them and expect them to be fond of you. Just not how it works. It's a lose-lose situation, yes, but these guys are professionals at the end of the day bro.

There're only 3 players in the league that can do what KP does. KAT, Embiid, Anthony Davis. Maybe i'm missing 1 more idk. But you do not trade this type of player for anyone. I dont care who you get.

Not ready to make that Anthony Davis comparison yet, but I get what you're saying. But I'm not exactly for trading KP, but if a team is willing to give up a lot, I MIGHT budge.

^ no, because across all three of those assets there's like a 5% chance you're getting a player as good with as much potential as Porzingis.

Growing skepticism among some execs in contact w/New York that the Knicks are serious about a KP deal. Price described as extremely high.

well extremely high is a positive if there is one here 

Growing skepticism among some execs in contact w/New York that the Knicks are serious about a KP deal. Price described as extremely high.

well extremely high is a positive if there is one here 

That's why I said their asking price has been described as aggressive. Maybe they're just testing the waters. I'm tryna put my emotions aside although I don't agree w/ trading porzingis unless it's a mind blowing offer.

It's that time of year where the Hoops Hype rumors page is shows up on my "frequently visited pages" tab 
laugh.gif

I can agree w/ the statement, not he percentage though
laugh.gif
Well think of it this way: 

No one on the Celtics roster is close.

#3 pick in the draft is getting who:  Tatum?  Jackson?  Fox?  those guys aren't close.

Lakers 18 pick eh....

Porzingis is a #1 pick in most drafts knowing what we know now.

Just look at the moves Phil has done....

1. Trade Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton for Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin and 2 2nd rounders
2. Trade Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith for Lou Amundson, Alex Kirk, a 2019 second-rounder and Lance Thomas
3. Trade Tim Hardaway Jr for Jerian Grant
4. Trade Calderon, Grant and Robin Lopez for Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2nd-round pick
5. Sign Joakim Noah to a four-year, $72 million deal

I absolutely do not give him credit for drafting KP. The basketball gods felt bad for us and let KP drop. He was 10000% about to draft Okafor.

I can agree w/ the statement, not he percentage though :lol:
Well think of it this way: 

No one on the Celtics roster is close.

#3 pick in the draft is getting who:  Tatum?  Jackson?  Fox?  those guys aren't close.

Lakers 18 pick eh....

Porzingis is a #1 pick in most drafts knowing what we know now.

I agree. Well put.

But I will say Jackson & Fox can be very good. But we have no way of knowing.

Last edited:
Our "extremely high asking price" is probably 2 euro players to be named later and 2 future second round picks along with your 8th or 9th man off the bench.

if Phil trades KP for anyone other than Bron, I'm no longer a Knicks fan. I will deactivate my NT account too. something really needs to be done about this fool. he's the ******* Kim Jong of the NBA :smh:

Just look at the moves Phil has done....

1. Trade Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton for Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin and 2 2nd rounders
2. Trade Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith for Lou Amundson, Alex Kirk, a 2019 second-rounder and Lance Thomas
3. Trade Tim Hardaway Jr for Jerian Grant
4. Trade Calderon, Grant and Robin Lopez for Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2nd-round pick
5. Sign Joakim Noah to a four-year, $72 million deal

I absolutely do not give him credit for drafting KP. The basketball gods felt bad for us and let KP drop. He was 10000% about to draft Okafor.

Clarence Gaines scouted and pushed for KP extremely hard. Phil wanted Okafor

Back
Top Bottom