Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The best coaches make plays that when the defense reacts a certain way there is an open man somewhere that needs to passed to. I haven't seen that from Jeff yet and like some mentioned, Rose isn't an adapt passer like that to recognize that. You guys really have never watched him play but he was never a willing passer like that. It's why to me he was overhyped as a PG to me when he was with the bulls. I'd take John Wall over him any day because he's more willing to create for others but that's not his fault. It's just the way he was developed and there's nothing wrong with that. The coach just needs to adapt to let me succeed more which is what Thibs did.

Last edited:
Knick fans are clearly a special breed because melo has a game like this damn near every other night and it's just melo being melo. Rose who been steadily rising has an off game and its world war 3

Were you guys even this mad on Christmas when melo goofed the game away when rose was the hot hand

Knicks would have dodged a bullet if Derrick caught that case.
:rofl: DAMN! Yall are talking like Rose been garbage all season and has been hurting the team. Plus all this talk about his contract like he got a mad 5 year deal and ppl who want to extend him. Who and when? :lol:

He's just obviously not THE #1 guy on this squad and I guess obviously needs to develop better play with KP (but Rose aint never been this amazing of to begin with). Dude is still the best guard we got.

Guess all yall found the new whipping boy when Melo can't be blamed.

Def woulda won if Melo didnt get ejected.

I still think this team is borderline garbage filled with fake heroes and washed stars.

Knick fans are clearly a special breed because melo has a game like this damn near every other night and it's just melo being melo. Rose who been steadily rising has an off game and its world war 3

Were you guys even this mad on Christmas when melo goofed the game away when rose was the hot hand

Word. Dudes in here wanting their PG to distribute the ball when they really should want Melo to do it instead.

Am I doing it right?

Y'all act as if the team has been watchable the past few seasons. We've fielded a team that is competitive most nights. We have a few young pieces to build upon, we're above.500 and we have the best point guard we have had in years. It could be far worse. :lol:

Y'all act as if the team has been watchable the past few seasons. We've fielded a team that is competitive most nights. We have a few young pieces to build upon, we're above.500 and we have the best point guard we have had in years. It could be far worse.
laugh.gif
We're Knicks fans man.

Never satisfied.

Lmao bro i got the choppa loaded. Just not feeling it with this team. Yea i could see the positives (Rose being best PG we had in years, Melo having a good game here and there, our unicorn, etc) but I just dont see that fight or toughness with this team that makes me believe that they're actually good. Melo is good only when his shots fall, KP has his struggles he needs to work on, Rose is playing to prove to everyone he's not washed. Just not a good mix.

KOQ is cool though.

Last edited:
Pertaining to KP's foul line struggles, I wonder it's just because he doesn't follow through on his release. Yes it looks cool when as soon as the ball is released he puts his hands down. Follow through! Basic fundamentals right there. And to be fair to @ballislife32688 he is saying that when Melo puts up comparable stat lines to what Rose did last night he gets a pass on here where as Rose is getting major heat.

Lmao bro i got the choppa loaded. Just not feeling it with this team. Yea i could see the positives (Rose being best PG we had in years, Melo having a good game here and there, our unicorn, etc) but I just dont see that fight or toughness with this team that makes me believe that they're actually good. Melo is good only when his shots fall, KP has his struggles he needs to work on, Rose is playing to prove to everyone he's not washed. Just not a good mix.

KOQ is cool though.

You ain't lying.

Hopefully the talent level keeps us at the 4 seed or higher

Well,

the reality now is - We have 50 games to "get it together", while also trying to maintain favorable playoff seeding.

Are the Knicks for true? Lesbehonest, how many more games will it take to "get it together"? How would you all feel if the team is still "trying to figure things out" with about 20 games left in the season?

Last edited:
I mean, we are who we are at this point.

We can still refine what we have and win games like the one against Boston...but we're not beating Cleveland.

We can max out at the 3rd seed and scrape into the second round.

Anything else is pretty unrealistic.

For me personally, this is great progress from where we've been for the last 15 years.

1/4 of this roster will be gone by the time summer league rolls around and hopefully we'll have a roster and system befitting of a real contender.

Keep the pieces that work out, get good pieces in the draft, get 1/2 more good FAs to flesh out the core and build on a winning season. If we're still mediocre at that point, blow it up and start from scratch. We have mad flexibility rn (II)

That's how I see it at least.

Winning doesn't happen overnight. Even took the Heatles a couple seasons to get it together.

Heatles won their 2cd year I guess that counts as a couple years

Just hope we make it past the first round for the sake of Melo, I believe Rose can take us there lulz

Back
Top Bottom