Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The way I look at it is it wasn't the best decision but we're so far removed from it. You're 100% right about assets and the Knicks.
All of this

It's just the Dolan thing. Inherited everything and doesn't understand using limited resources... wants everything now and won't wait to get it.

Last edited:
"With the likes of"? Those were really good players at that time.... and he's been playing in the East since.

Most importantly the Knicks had no talent because that trade was made instead of just waiting and signing him as a FA... which he is complicit in btw

That's my point lol. They were really good. He hasn't had as good of a team since. Except that one season with Kidd. Melo has played with ONE all star since he's been here. Contenders send multiple guys to the all star game, CONSISTENTLY.

Melos prime was literally wasted here and now y'all want him gone. You really think this dude likes losing so much when he sees his boys Bron and Wade with multiple rings? Bet he wants out of NY too, but knows it's PR suicide to ask for a trade. Anyone and everyone knows that he has a NTC and the only way out is if he asks for it. Brand ******** or not, it has nothing to do with basketball. He can do that **** off the court.

Last edited:
It's just the Dolan thing. Inherited everything and doesn't understand using limited resources... wants everything now and won't wait to get it.

Dolan is the worst but we can't even blame him anymore. Phil has to take some blame. KURT ******* RAMBIS, AND VUJACIC ARE STILL EMPLOYED. DEREK FISHER WAS OUR HEAD COACH FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS. Calling out or best player in the media, making comments about other players that were totally unnecessary inflammatory or not. Insisting on running a half-*** triangle. I'll stop there because I need to go to sleep. :lol:

:x

Last edited:
“I don’t think our guys aren’t trying — maybe they’re not capable,’’ Hornacek said. “I don’t know. That’s what we have to figure out. Maybe play some other guys and mix the lineup somehow.

“We have to find someone to play some defense. You can’t come out at the beginning and their first three baskets are 3s. You have to have better pride than that. … I think they’re trying — they must not be good enough defensively.’’

Hornacek suggested the coaching staff may need to come up with new, tricky schemes to compensate.

“We might figure out ways to trap,’’ Hornacek said. “Coaches are going to have to meet and try to figure it out, defensively, what is going to help us out.’’

The Knicks defense ranks sixth-worst in the NBA and turned a career reserve Jodie Meeks into James Harden Lite as the Magic (16-20) cruised all night. In losing eight of their last 10, the Knicks have dropped to two games under .500 at 16-18.

Playing on a sore left knee, Carmelo Anthony was sluggish on both ends, continuing a recent slump and finished with 19 points on 6-of-17 shooting.

Anthony appeared taken aback when he heard Hornacek mentioned the club may not be capable of being better on defense.

“I hope he ain’t giving up — what 33 games,’’ Anthony said. “I might as well just pack my stuff now — giving up already.’’

Anthony declined further comment.

“I’d rather talk to Jeff about that — see where he’s coming from,’’ he said.

Hornacek also questioned the team’s toughness, bemoaning the Magic “ripped rebounds’’ out of his players’ hands and said the club may need to “get in the weight room a little more.’’

I'm glad . This team doesn't need to be a top ranked team but they look lazy as **** out there starting with Melos fat ***.
If your knee is bothering sit your *** out. I don't wanna hear that ****. He's always clueless on the defensive end he needs to take Kurt rambis bumass with him . And to be fair he calls for a pick and o Quinn didn't come up. I'm not sure how's the shot clock situation at that moment. Melo can go thru his shooting slumps that's cool but your defense needs be there every night

Last edited:
I'll withhold comment tonight cuz I didn't see tonight's game. Bucks game. I'm off. So I'll watch the whole damn game.

Coach Hornacek
laugh.gif
mean.gif

mean.gif
Melo

Damn Melo going rogue? Feel bad for Horny

I think Melo thinks he's dooooin it, but he's not really doin it.

Hornacek's frustration and assessment is fair, Melo's response is kinda irritating because it seems like he doesn't see the problem or sense of urgency.

Last edited:
Melo needs to go this is true, but another thing that's true is Hornacek was never the man for this particular job, he an ok coach who likely better off as an assistant. This team needed someone who would demand more from players come in and change the culture, but atlas Phil skipped over one such coach for someone he could control and wouldn't cause any waves

You could take a novice off the street that will tell you there are no more great NBA teams that don't play defense it might as well be law. Yet somehow Phil and others who are experts left the job to Kurt Rambis...... Kurt Rambis .... Kurt Rambis

Last edited:
LOL what?

You think better coaches running their own offense would've made this team of the past 3 years better?

The team sucks even more on defense and ppl still worried about offense and the damn triangle. The triangle wasn't really why we sucked when Fisher was coaching either.

Nepotism doesn't work that way also. Phil simply didn't rush to build a team around Melo. They had no good draft picks and no real assets to land us players to build for the future of win now but that's dating back to the past regime that was leading the team nowhere and Dolan interference.

What's Phil done so far is get one good young player. He couldn't let Melo walk and probably didn't care for the offers out there at the time. I honestly think at this point he's gonna stall til Melo retires or he's fed up and suits. Both scenarios are a few years from now.

Last edited:
LOL what?

You think better coaches running their own offense would've made this team of the past 3 years better?

The team sucks even more on defense and ppl still worried about offense and the damn triangle. The triangle wasn't really why we sucked when Fisher was coaching either.

Nepotism doesn't work that way also. Phil simply didn't rush to build a team around Melo. They had no good draft picks and no real assets to land us players to build for the future of win now but that's dating back to the past regime that was leading the team nowhere and Dolan interference.

What's Phil done so far is get one good young player. He couldn't let Melo walk and probably didn't care for the offers out there at the time. I honestly think at this point he's gonna stall til Melo retires or he's fed up and suits. Both scenarios are a few years from now.

He's talking about coaching staff in regards to nepotism.....Kurt ***** Rambis is on the coaching staff. Sasha Vuajic is on the team. Derek Fisher was the damn head coach. I mean...it's obvious and doesn't need to be explained :lol:.

And the triangle IS in fact one of the reason the Knicks struggled/struggle.

I bet when Phil told Kerr that he was going to make him run the triangle.....Steve Kerr hit him with this:

View media item 2285123

The true #7 starting to come out and show his true colors. Everything the coach said is true, I hope that it motivates the team. #7 doesn't see it that way, his panties have been rustled and he is going to whine and pout like his boy lebron. Its a damn shame as last year he really was a different player and a great teamate/leader. This year he has fallen back and might even be hitting new lows. He is making George Karl sound right, which is a damn shame.

Last edited:
At this point...CP3 might be the ONLY player in the league with a chance to come here who also has the ability to criticize Melo and get him to play better....thats banking on a lot though. You ask yourself, for what? He's on the decline...why even bother. Ego is incredible.

The lack of sense of urgency is straight up alarming. You can tell they tried to win this game and still fell on their faces.

I hope that when BJ said "we better win or things are gonna get ugly" .. i hope he meant he was gonna start calling people out.

Bucks will probably bulldoze us for these 2 games. 16-20. Season's not over...but it's pretty much over.

Last edited:
Regardless of anything, the problem will always remain that we are the worst defensive team in the league. I say that w/ confidence :lol:

Regardless of anything, the problem will always remain that we are the worst defensive team in the league. I say that w/ confidence :lol:
Exactly but dudes in here praying for cp3 which ain't happening and even if the stars aligned you can't win playing this bad on defense .... dudes delusional

Back
Top Bottom