Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Willy could really be a poor man's Marc Gasol if he develops a league average 3pt shot.

He already has an above average low post game.

Not saying I don't like Willy at all I just think some people are seeing him as way more valuable than he should be just because he exceeded some very low expectations last season

He had some nice games but KP & future picks should be the only untouchables on our team right now

Billy is also making less than 2mil per season for the next 3. That's one hell of a deal. You can't name another big man that deserves to play at least 20mpg at that salary.

I'm not as high on Fox as most others. Similar to Jahil Okafor in 2015, I'm 100% down with him being gone by our pick and choosing between Monk, Smith Jr, and Nlitikina. Although I don't dislike De'Aaron as a prospect as much (or at all really, just not as high on him as most) as I did with Jahil.

i agree with all this... i dont see the hype in fox or jackson... everyone else will be good money... i dont see the point in moving up unless its top 3... the players 3-8 are marginally better than each other... if we dont get monk but can get smith jr ill be fine with that... worse case scenario frank wont be a bad option either... but have to pick up a pg no matter what

Gasol rookie season           (24) 11.9 pt, 7.4 trb, 1.7 ast, 0.8 blk, 0.8 stl, 2.0 to (53% , 73%)      31 mpg

Willy post all star                 (22) 11.5 pt, 9.2 trb, 2.0 ast, 0.4 blk, 0.8 stl, 1.9 to (51.5%, 73 %)   24 mpg

Willy obviously not have defensive presence as Gasol, but I think his offensive potential is on par if not better.  Bright future ahead 

I do see Willy as potentially expendable. You all know that from my rant a couple weeks back about how I would strongly consider moving him if that is what we needed to give up to trade for Harkless and the 15th pick. 

However, I wouldnt trade an asset like Willy to move up from Monk/Smith Jr/Frank to De'Aaron. I like all 3 of those PGs a lot and we are well positioned to have our choice from 2 of them or at the very least 1 of them. I think we would be better off staying put.

I think Fox will have a tougher transition to the NBA than people think. I think both Monk and Smith Jr. will be better as rookies because they are more ready to contribute offensively (I think either would have an outside shot at ROY in the right rookie season situation, I dont think the same of Fox) and I think Frank has a higher ceiling than all of them (also lowest floor).
kid has mad heart. I see Russ in him.
I see a lot more Russ in Dennis than Fox. Dennis is the most explosive athlete in this draft, he is a firey competitor as well. Fox is more similar to a John Wall where he is a freak athlete in his own right, but more in the sense of speed/quickness than explosiveness.

Personally I think a lot of people are overrating Fox a little bit because of his NCAA tournament, particularly the game against UCLA. And he was fantastic in the NCAA tourney, dont get me wrong, but NCAA success doesnt always directly correlate with NBA success. I wouldnt sleep on someone like Dennis Smith Jr. who was considered a better prospect than Fox preseason, and played great basketball, but on an awful team while Fox played for Kentucky. Fox is better defensively than Smith Jr. but Dennis is far better and more ready to contribute offensively than Fox is.
The guy is fast as hell with the ball in his hands. I could easily see him being like Dennis Schroder

Last edited:
The New York Knicks are attempting to part ways with Carmelo Anthony but there is an alternate scenario in which they pursue Chris Paul in free agency selling him on Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis. 

"Phil Jackson and Carmelo Anthony should have been walking arm in arm to go greet Chris Paul for free agency," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "There's an opportunity to get Chris Paul on this market. He may stay in L.A. and part of it might be because there's nowhere else that makes perfect sense that is worth giving up the money for, but he may go. New York should have been in the Chris Paul conversation.

"Whatever you think of Carmelo, he's extremely popular with that elite group of players.

"I think Phil has done such a disservice to the chances the Knicks have of getting involved with anybody. Carmelo is a cautionary tale of why you don't want to go there."

Imagine...

PG: CP3

SG: Monk

SF: Lee

PF: Melo

C: KP

6: Willy

Go Phil! #TrustTheNonsense

Last edited:
Yea no one is coming here with Phil still pulling the strings. Best to tank it out and hope one of the guys we draft turns into an all star.

I kinda sold myself on Monk since it seems like a real possibility he's the pick

I still have him 3rd behind Smith & Ntilikina tho

I dont want Frank. Completely off that train. Good defender only because of his length, not his speed or athleticism. Lacks both. Inconsistent jump shooter also.

Monk wouldnt be so bad if we got someone like Rubio. Rubio would eat all day off Monk & KP.

If we had made the trade for Harkless + 15th pick. I wonder what player we can get for 8th,15th + C.Lee. if we were to package that

Last edited:
Met Ron Baker briefly tonight. Apparently my brother knew him. Trolled and told him his children's book is a classic. He said next time to carry it with me for an autograph.

Also saw Leonardo DiCaprio leaving a club hopping in a yellow cab as I walked into it which was cool as ****.

I also saw Busta Rhymes tonight. We have a mutual friend whose birthday is coming up that I expect him to be at, but his bodyguard wasn't having it and didn't let me speak to him. I chilled with Magic Johnson's kid for a couple of minutes when he got a cigarette from my friend too.

The point of the whole story was the Ron Baker thing though :lol:

Last edited:
Good God man I f*cking hate Phil Jackson 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom