Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

DC95op5XgAQ42wv.jpg:large

How the F is that our owner?!?!
How isn't he? :lol: :smh:

I like how the worst case scenarios didn't happen but dudes still act like it did short of renouncing their fandom like some planned too.

I'm wondering how soon til Monk becomes a bust or average at bedt like the way some were thrusting over Muiday last year.

This aint really a Phil thing, Knicks drafting when they've had the pick has always been pretty solid. Had some busts the past 10 years but also some high potential players, all-star caliber or at least will have long careers in the league too.

Not at all concerned with the Frank pick.

Being Dramatic is the best part about being an NY fan plus we can't help it.

Hey Guys....I love y'all Bros.

Y'all have helped me thru some tough times without even knowing it. You've helped me pass the time at work on innumerable days and cheered me up when I was having a rough day.

I love the jokes, the brotherhood, the knowledge that's spread in this thread....but my days as a Knicks fan are over.

I'm sure I'll still check in here regularly but I'm done rooting for and closely following this team for the foreseeable future. Team is going in a direction that i'm no longer interested in supporting. I've given a lot and gotten back nothing.

Thanks for everything NT Knicks fam. It's been real.
UnfinishedDistantGrassspider.gif

I don't blame you. There's always a spot for you here but it's hard to keep putting up with an organization that repeatedly goes against all logic and basic common sense. Time and time again, they manage to not only make wrong decisions, but operate in an embarrassing and dysfunctional fashion. It doesn't matter if we just had a bad GM, a few bad draft picks, or a bad stretch of play.. it's a culture of dysfunction and any kind of bright spots or positive moments were in spite of the organization and not because of it.

I'm with you on the 76ers too. I've respect the Process and I've liked their players they drafted. I'm excited to see what vets they can bring in and where they go from here. I don't even care they're in the same division, other than Porzingis and Melo (who I used to not be a fan of but because of this Phil stuff, I'm respecting), I don't care about this team or these players. I don't even mind the new draft pick, but that's not the point.

No one could blame you after all this time. Respect.

Dont get me wrong, I'm still going to be a Knicks fan and I like Frank as the pick even though I was leaning more DSJr, but his defensive concerns would be an issue here so having the more balanced prospect works for our team.

Last edited:
I honestly think that the plan is to make the Knicks an international team. With foreign players from all over the world to attract the visitors from other countries to come to the Garden and watch their country men. Dolan doesnt give a crap about the Knicks or winning a championship.

The knicks have become what New York has become. All i see in midtown are tourist from other countries.

Its Not even the city i love anymore.

I'm trying to get out of the city as fast as i can.

Dennis Smith Jr. and Monk gonna kill us their entire career. Book it.

Frank is 18 and will most likely still grow a bit. Could see him turning into a Batum type player and more of a forward as time goes on.

Hopefully we can land our future point guard in next years draft.

I honestly think that the plan is to make the Knicks an international team. With foreign players from all over the world to attract the visitors from other countries to come to the Garden and watch their country men. Dolan doesnt give a crap about the Knicks or winning a championship.

The knicks have become what New York has become. All i see in midtown are tourist from other countries.

True true, because at the end of the day it's still a Business and Businesses operate on how to make the most money.

Yeah you're right, NYC has never been about foreign immigrants in the past.  It's never been the international center of the world and only now are their foreign tourists in midtown.

Stop it.

Also when the hell did regular New Yorkers go to hang out in Midtown.  The whole area has always been for tourists and people unlucky enough to work there (like me).

Last edited:
And im not knocking the Frank kid at all. I have no idea how hes gonna turn out but Dennis Smith Jr. should have been the pick. He has that nasty competitive edge u need as a PG especially playing on NY.

He's more of a bring the ball up and make the right pass type player than an actual "point guard" who runs an entire offense and creates for others.

Yeah you're right, NYC has never been about foreign immigrants in the past.  It's never been the international center of the world and only now are their foreign tourists in midtown.

Stop it.

Also when the hell did regular New Yorkers go to hang out in Midtown.  The whole area has always been for tourists and people unlucky enough to work there (like me).

Huh? When did i say this was something new? Of course NY has always been a tourist destination and midtown is the area they usually spend their time, but if you dont think that the present new york has become watered down and overcrowded because of the influx of foriegners then more power to you. Its happening at a bigger and more rapid pace now cause of police presence. The international visitation numbers go up a million and change every year. If u arent realizing that the business's that are opening up in midtown are internationally friendly and that the tourist is their primary concern its cool. These tourist are spending money here in NY by the ********.

An average New Yorker who is a fan of the Knicks will go to a game at the garden with a smuggled water bottle filled with liquor, a stomach full, and fan gear bought on sale in marshalls or kmart, because we know the deal.

Fill that same seat with a tourist and hes spending 100s on food, drinks and memorabilia etc. after spending 100s for the tickets.

I know my city.

Huh? When did i say this was something new? Of course NY has always been a tourist destination and midtown is the area they usually spend their time, but if you dont think that the present new york has become watered down and overcrowded because of the influx of foriegners then more power to you. Its happening at a bigger and more rapid pace now cause of police presence. The international visitation numbers go up a million and change every year. If u arent realizing that the business's that are opening up in midtown are internationally friendly and that the tourist is their primary concern its cool. These tourist are spending money here in NY by the ********.

I really don't think that it is international people or tourists that is changing the city.  It's just money.  Manhattan is for the rich now.  It was a lot more diverse when I was growing up. 

Manhattan is for the rich now.  It was a lot more diverse when I was growing up. 

This is a fact!

But the reason for this is because shot callers are aware that the money is coming from the International visitors. :lol: they rather over price things to make the visitors pay more and at the same time they are keeping the poor customer away.

The international visitation numbers go up a million and change every year. If u arent realizing that the business's that are opening up in midtown are internationally friendly and that the tourist is their primary concern its cool. These tourist are spending money here in NY by the ********.

Idk where you gather facts but tourism/visitation in NY has gone down this year.  Not just NYC, but across major cities. A lot of NYC businesses are struggling. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom