Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
League sources tell @RamonaShelburne and me: The Pacers and Lakers have engaged on Paul George trade talks in advance of Thursday's draft.

Smart for the Lakers. Get PG, show that they are all about building the roster around him.

Wonder who they give up in the deal.

DLo is on his rookie contract right now...it would be dumb to give up an asset like that freely. JC would be the better choice to trade money wise.

DLo is on his rookie contract right now...it would be dumb to give up an asset like that freely. JC would be the better choice to trade money wise.
Unless you are dumping him with a deng or mozgov contract.  But I am assuming they are looking at trading for him because the Pacers have finally decided that they are going to get a pile of ****.

They get his Bird Rights if the Lakers trade for him this year and can go over the cap to resign him next summer

They get his Bird Rights if the Lakers trade for him this year and can go over the cap to resign him next summer

And him already being in tow makes us a mayor player for next year's FAs as well. It makes all the sense to do it now.

Unless you are dumping him with a deng or mozgov contract.  But I am assuming they are looking at trading for him because the Pacers have finally decided that they are going to get a pile of ****.
If that's the case, I'm assuming:
DLo/Deng and 28th pick for PG
I wouldn't be mad at that really since Lonzo is coming in. I would be slightly mad if we give up more than that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom