Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those saying Cleveland "won" the trade, are you factoring in defense? For as good as IT is on offense, it kinda cancels out due to how bad he is on the other end of the floor. I can't imagine any lineup where he and Rose are sharing the floor. Rose is inefficient on offense and a terrible defender....pair him with IT, and it's swiss cheese.

I thought the return for Kyrie would have been better than this.

Also, the loss of Crowder for the C's is HUGE.
Celtics got an improving Jaylen Brown and Tatum, they will be fine in that department

20992881_10155734748637502_5176634848967208064_n.jpg

For those saying Cleveland "won" the trade, are you factoring in defense? For as good as IT is on offense, it kinda cancels out due to how bad he is on the other end of the floor. I can't imagine any lineup where he and Rose are sharing the floor. Rose is inefficient on offense and a terrible defender....pair him with IT, and it's swiss cheese.

Cavs ultimately didn't lose the offensive production that Kyrie provided, plus protected themselves going forward should Bron leave & they get the BKN pick for a potential future star in that event too. Their defense was already awful, but Crowder is another wing to throw at GS. I'd say Boston got the best player in the deal, but CLE overall won the trade especially considering what other stars are getting in return.

Was Kyrie a good defender for the Cavs tho?

this trade only matters at all when speaking of cavs in the east final vs. the celtics (if the celtics can hold off the wizards) and against gsw in the finals.

IT has never been a great defender, but he has never been a terrible one either. you speak of the defensive aspect of the trade, then dont mention crowders name at all.

as presently constructed, vs. gsw, you can expect a lineup of TT/LBJ/crowder/JR/ IT or Rose or even Shumpert for defensive purposes. if rose and IT play together, it will be to see if their ability to get to the rim at will can change the game at all. if its not successfulin 2-5 mins of court time vs. gsw. dont expect to see it again.

for the record, i dont think the cavs roster will be what it is today

IMO

Isiah Thomas is as bad a defender as there is in the whole league. but Kyrie is just a notch better, not by much

Trade is gonna look really bad for Boston if lebby flips that pick for something nice

And wasn't it going off in the playoffs before he got hurt? Lateral

They are both horrendous defenders. Just because Kyrie is slightly better than him doesnt mean a damn thing.

Cavs had the better end of the deal especially with that 1st rounder they can use to build around if Lebron bolts but the Celt revived the best player in the deal by far

I was half joking last time but ainge is legit helping his competition in the east get better. Phila, Det, cle all improved because of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom