Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
they actually can if you want PG now

I don't give AF if he prefers the Lakers, a lot can change in a years time
Well the market is dictated by demand.  If the demand isnt there due to him unwilling to sign an extension elsewhere, there isnt much they can do about it other than letting him leave for nothing and playing out a real awkward season. 

Last edited:
So the Lakers are aggressively pursuing PG even tho he spoke adamantly about wanting to go there after next season anyway???!!!

Yeah that makes perfect sense. :lol:

The Lakers still hold the strings in this scenario. Call their bluff and either A)Force them to move George to a team that may only have him as a rental or B) Force them to go into the season with a disgruntled star who's already in bad favor with the fanbase. 

if Boston swoops in and offers something better than the trash offer of Clarkson/Randle and a back end 1st round pick then they go to the Finals and PG likes it there and changes his mind then what?

like I said 1 year from now is a very long time

So the Lakers are aggressively pursuing PG even tho he spoke adamantly about wanting to go there after next season anyway???!!!

Yeah that makes perfect sense.
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by dennistrane  

They get his Bird Rights if the Lakers trade for him this year and can go over the cap to resign him next summer

if Boston swoops in and offers something better than the trash offer of Clarkson/Randle and a back end 1st round pick then they go to the Finals and PG likes it there and changes his mind then what?

PG going to the Lakers.

I would keep him before getting stuck with albatross contract that is luol Deng.

Who knows maybe they make the 2nd round and he's All NBA

And if that happens...and they don't go to Finals...and Paul George leaves...it's Boston that looks bad there. 
laugh.gif

I doubt very seriously Boston would move on Paul George without the assurance that he's there to stay. 

Then we chase the other FAs in 2018

NT was just crapping on PG the whole week for not being a gamebreaker, and now the Lakers to give up more than they really should?

If Paul George "allows" IND to ship him to CLE, is he a sucka too?
LeBron eliminated his squads HOW many times from the playoffs?
Just wondering......

Celtics lost to the Cavs by an average of 10,000 points. Pg is not getting them passed Cleveland when you factor in what they'd have to give up for him

Thanks for the info. Didn't know there was that much benefit in forcing the move now.

Last edited:

I would keep him before getting stuck with albatross contract that is luol Deng.

Who knows maybe they make the 2nd round and he's All NBA

Word. Run everything through him and play at a faster pace

See if he turns down those DPE numbers then

How will Chanucey have time to play in the Big 3 and also help run Cleveland into the ground?

Didn't expect the Knicks to consider trading Porzingis this offseason. If I was a Knicks fan id be livid

Word. Run everything through him and play at a faster pace

See if he turns down those DPE numbers then

He's said he's leaving. What part of that is hard to understand. I know you hate the Lakers but it's been pretty clear his intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom