Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
nobody is saying he's a genius. He's just making good moves. Probably holding his cards a little too tight at times.

I mean people have called Ainge a genius though.  "One of the best GMs in the league" and Brad Stevens "One of the best coaches in the league."  Which he is not.

He's definitely not an idiot though.

Kind of reminds me of Bulls fans who would swear they had the MVP, the rookie of the year, the DPOY, the 6th man of the year, and the best coach in the league (because he "overachieved" with all that talent somehow) and still couldn't contend in the playoffs.

Brad Stevens isn't a good coach?

Wait, y'all really think the Kings are going to be .500 in 2 years? TWolves have/had one of the best young cores in the NBA with a transcendent talent (KAT) and they only won 31 games.

Na Brad Stevens is definitely one of the best coaches in the league. He maximized the potential of that roster, not many coaches can get you 50+ wins with those players.

Last edited:
No, the best coaches in the league are guys like Gregg Popovich, Rick Carlisle, Steve Kerr, Erik Spoelstra.

What Brad Stevens has achieved is the same thing Mike Budenholzer achieved last year.  Just stop.  
Remember when he said that a week or two ago. Funny stuff.
Except I literally never said that, you homers are just so extreme you can't make the distinction between "good" and "one of the best".

Last edited:
Wait, y'all really think the Kings are going to be .500 in 2 years? TWolves have/had one of the best young cores in the NBA with a transcendent talent (KAT) and they only won 31 games.

The KINGS!!

With Vlade running the team.

There are 30 NBA coaches. If you're in the top 5 I def think you're one of the best coaches.

Last edited:
Why cant Brad be 5th after those coaches you named though?
He's somewhere in the upper middle of coaches who have shown great promise but have yet to really put their stamp on the NBA.  He's not in the "best" group and doesn't deserve to be.

I would group him with Quin Snyder for sure.

Last edited:
i feel like we're having a discussion about whether such and such is a star with the coaches now. Stars are Pop, Carlisle and maybe couple of others while the rest are not stars, yet......

Give Stevens some more time. He was a shocking choice that became a great hire.

Last edited:
This whole Vlade thing is being blown outta proportion. He's not as bad as people make it out to be.

They're heading in a new direction without Cousins (about time since he cant win **** anyway) and Vlade got good value for him. They have a promising young group of players and will add another top 5 pick. They're in a much better position.

Last edited:
There are 30 NBA coaches. If you're in the top 5 I def think you're one of the best coaches.
Mike D'Antoni has achieved wayyyy more than Brad Stevens in the NBA in terms of team success and impact on the game.

Tom Tibodeau has done more (not even that big of a Tibs fan).

Like I said Budenholzer did the same thing as Stevens a year before.

Stan Van Gundy made a Finals and had a contending team for a few years with a unique system.  

He's obviously a smart guy but I don't know how you shove him into that top 5.  All he's done is have a good young team that's not ready to contend yet for one season.

Last edited:
coaching talent is so much more than titles

Quin Snyder and Stevens are the goods. They just haven't had the privilege of coaching all time greats

Boston was a Rondo injury away from getting bounced as a #1 seed though.

Stevens gets more love because he seems likable. You can't possible put him in the top 5, YET.

I like Quinn. Always liked him back in college. Made some mistakes and worked his way back. Utah will have a tough time retaining him in a couple of years.

Quin Snyder and Stevens are the goods. They just haven't had the privilege of coaching all time greats
I guess it's just the genius flashing in his eyes on the sidelines, then.

(or could it just be a lot of early hype that hasn't come to bloom yet)

Last edited:

I guess it's just the genius flashing in his eyes on the sidelines, then.

(or could it just be a lot of early hype that hasn't come to bloom yet)

Raise your hand if you thought Boston was going to ECF this year.
Raise your hand if you thought a 5-9 PG could lead a team to the ECF, and his sidekick was allergic to rebounding.

This is a product of great coaching. I already know you hate IT2 cause he's a guard. But Stevens was masterful all season.

Raise your hand if you thought Boston was going to ECF this year.
Raise your hand if you thought a 5-9 PG could lead a team to the ECF, and his sidekick was allergic to rebounding.

This is a product of great coaching. I already know you hate IT2 cause he's a guard. But Stevens was masterful all season.
Raise your hand if you thought Atlanta was going to the ECF last year.

Raise your hand if you thought Atlanta would be the #1 seed in the East with Jeff Teague as their starting PG.

Raise your hand if Atlanta also got washed by Cleveland like Boston because they were a paper tiger who put everything into the regular season.

Raise your hand if Atlanta didn't almost get swept by the 8th seed until Rajon Rondo got injured.

Where does Mike Budenholzer rank on the list of current greats?

Last edited:
This whole Vlade thing is being blown outta proportion. He's not as bad as people make it out to be.

They're heading in a new direction without Cousins (about time since he cant win **** anyway) and Vlade got good value for him. They have a promising young group of players and will add another top 5 pick. They're in a much better position.

Vlade did make some terrible *** decisions at first but I don't know if he got on some new meds over the past year or what cause they made a good decision getting rid of Cousins when they did, I loved their draft and now they got Bogdan to come over. They're making good moves right now.

Bud can coach too. He has great spacing. Runs good plays. He gets the most of out his players.

But the point is he isn't any less of a coach, or Stevens for that case because they aren't coaching generational talents.

He has consistently had his teams overachieve despite their overall talent level being less compared to the competition at every level he's coached.

On top of that, all the coaches that you say are in the top 5 have discussed how incredible Brad's sets and ATO plays are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom