Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy to me that people are acting like the Cavs needed to make some huge jump forward to stay competitive in the East as if they werent already a mile ahead of teams in the east.  All teams are doing now is trying to catch up to the curve.

Another Eastern Conference Champions banner going up :smokin
So much corn. Y'all gonna be hanging up ecf conference titles too until Durant leaves golden state

Retired numbers and Championships only ones hanging at The Garden

View media item 2484202

Last edited:
Some of y'all acting like the Wizards are really better than the Celtics :lol:

Celtics now have the better starting lineup, and the Wizards bench is just as atrocious as it was last year.

If I'm not mistaken, the home team won every game last year (regular season/playoffs) when the Wizards and C's met up.

I think the Hayward acquisition narrows the gap a bit between the Celtics and Cavs, but it's still the Cavs conference to lose. Depending on the type of leap in Porter's development, the Wizards could be a lot better going forward as well. I believe they had a top-5 starting unit last season (statistically.) The bench is the major issue. Not sure how much Frazier, Meeks, and Scott move the needle.

Top 3 in the conference - Cavs, C's, and Wizards.

word on LA espn radio

dan gilbert approached LBJ about sending kyrie for bledsoe and the PHX pick (which would then have been flipped to get PG) , but lebron said something like "idk, i cant get involved in these type of things for beyond next year" 

GM lebron quit being gm lebron....
nerd.gif

word on LA espn radio

dan gilbert approached LBJ about sending kyrie for bledsoe and the PHX pick (which would then have been flipped to get PG) , but lebron said something like "idk, i cant get involved in these type of things for beyond next year" 

GM lebron quit being gm lebron....
nerd.gif

roll.gif
He's already checked out.

man espn making a big deal out of this sogning you would think hayward was the white lebron

remind me of the great white hype movie with damon wayans :lol:

Gordon Hayward could be really good.  I could also see him falling into the Al Horford/Lamarcus Aldridge tier of free agent signings.  

Celtics are good in the East but yeah, they're still not a contender.

IF the Celtics landed Marc gasol I would consider them a contender. But that trade is a long shot unless the grizz is serious about rebuilding.

its funny, when someone doesn't have hype, people love him and praise how good he is. Now that Hayward is getting pub, people say he's overrated.

Life.

The kid can play. Plain and simple.

IF the Celtics landed Marc gasol I would consider them a contender. But that trade is a long shot unless the grizz is serious about rebuilding.
Where did that rumor even come from?

I guess I would consider them a contender if they did that, even though they don't have a superstar on the roster.  Their best player right now is a fringe All-Star (Hayward).

Can someone help me understand why teams don't want Kevin Love.  I mean he is owed 22 million a year for the next 4 years and I feel like he is still a very good player whose skill set are being hindered by the constraints of the Cavs offense.  

I say this because  Allen Crabbe and Deng make 18 a year.  Danilo Gallanari just signed a deal worth 21.6 million a year.  and Kevin Love is lightyears ahead of those guys.  Hes an all star..a champion..three point threat, great rebounder.

Sometimes perception of players can weigh a player down I guess.

Last edited:

Can someone help me understand why teams don't want Kevin Love.  I mean he is owed 22 million a year for the next 4 years and I feel like he is still a very good player whose skill set are being hindered by the constraints of the Cavs offense.  

I say this because  Allen Crabbe and Deng make 18 a year.  Danilo Gallanari just signed a deal worth 21.6 million a year.  and Kevin Love is lightyears ahead of those guys.  Hes an all star..a champion..three point threat, great rebounder.

I think it moreso depends on what people are asking you to give up for Love.  If they are asking for another superstar, that is likely where the difference lies. 

I think it moreso depends on what people are asking you to give up for Love.  If they are asking for another superstar, that is likely where the difference lies. 
I get that but the Knicks for example don't wanna part with Melo for him.  I mean thats kind of ridiculous.  If your the Knicks you can have a line up of your first round pick, Courtney Lee, SF, Love and Porzingis.  

Love can serve as vet presence etc.

kevin love is just a fringe star........great numbers but hes just carmelo light

melo drops 25 ppg but gives up 35 ppg

love drops 20 and grabs 15 but gets bullied for 30/20 .....

atleast with my eye test ive noticed this.......that "skinny fat" nba style aint working anymore cause youre food on defense 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom