Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He literally didn't make the allstar game the year they won their first ring.

I would call that a fringe allstar.
.... and then proceeded to play like a perennial one a few weeks afterwards.

Bottom line, the production he gave them on both ends when it mattered isn't "fringe all-star"

In 1991 pippen was virtually the same player as he was in the 1990 playoffs.

Pistons being old and fatigued was the reason the bull swept them in 91. Not Scottie elevating his game.

In 1991 pippen was virtually the same player as he was in the 1990 playoffs.

Pistons being old and fatigued was the reason the bull swept them in 91. Not Scottie elevating his game.

His overall numbers during that overall run in '90 were inflated by the lesser comp they played in the first 2 rounds.

He did not play well against Detroit.

Not even close to the level he played the year after.

His overall numbers during that overall run in '90 were inflated by the lesser comp they played in the first 2 rounds.

He did not play well against Detroit.

Not even close to the level he played the year after.

If you subtract game 7 of the 1990 ECF
his numbers are damn near identical.

Something tells me Myrie would have been prefectly fine averaging 30 points a game and 30 wins a season. Bron ****ed everything up by leading them to three finals and a championship.

The Kobe angle that's been brought up is an interesting one.

Remember, by the 2nd & 3rd rings he had arrived. Legit two-way superstar.

But I didn't think Kyrie cared about being perceived as Robin.

Pip was hoopin in the 91 finals. Put up 20ppg a game while slowing down Magic on the other end.

No way KD better then Lebron. Playing with a two MVP, the best shooting back court ever, and the DPOY significantly decreased his responsibilities and allowed him to flourish and make it look like there's a debate. Imo there's not one. Bron >

Pip was hoopin in the 91 finals. Put up 20ppg a game while slowing down Magic on the other end.

No way KD better then Lebron. Playing with a two MVP, the best shooting back court ever, and the DPOY significantly decreased his responsibilities and allowed him to flourish and make it look like there's a debate. Imo there's not one. Bron >

Take this rep sir. Great Lebron take, I completely agree

QFT

Kyrie is too flashy for a team like the spurs. I don't think he'll want to pass as much as pop will want him to.
Minnesota wouldn't be a bad choice, lots of promise there. Possibly new Orleans. Not sure if he and Cousins will get along.
It would be cool to see him in New York. Not the best choice though.

I get where he's coming from, he's too good to be the second man on the totem pole.

It's been a debate before last season. Starting in 2014 in earnest.

Kyrie is too flashy for a team like the spurs. I don't think he'll want to pass as much as pop will want him to.
Minnesota wouldn't be a bad choice, lots of promise there. Possibly new Orleans. Not sure if he and Cousins will get along.
It would be cool to see him in New York. Not the best choice though.

I get where he's coming from, he's too good to be the second man on the totem pole.
I mean Tony parker is a 6 foot shooting guard too.

As far as flash, Ginobili's highlight reel stacks up to anyone's.

Kyrie would be fine.

Yeah Tony Parker definitely wasn't some pure pass-first point guard.

Pop would definitely reel Kyrie in a bit while still allowing him to do what he does best.

A Kyrie-KP pairing needs to happen. Without giving up any unprotected picks of course.

I don't see how NYK gets Kyrie without giving up KP. Cleveland would be idiots to give up Kyrie for Melo. Ain't no way. Even in that 3 team deal where they got back Bledsoe isn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom