Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time a superstar got traded with 3 years left on his deal?
Yeah, it's not happening. NOLA would be foolish. I was really just pointing out that Boston could easily make the money work.

Last edited:
Damn C's really ain't been da same ever since Bron baptized Jason Terry 
mean.gif
sick.gif
. Top 10 dunk of all time?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-nets-offer-the-max/?utm_term=.52ebfa384606

In fact, not only do the Wizards plan on keeping Porter, there is a possibility that they will keep the money from Porter’s offer sheet on Brooklyn’s books for as long as possible. In addition to the two days the Wizards will have to match Porter’s offer initially, there also is a two-day window in which Porter will need to report to the team and have a physical, and another two-day window after that for the team to announce he has passed the physical.

So, in theory, the Wizards could wait to officially announce Porter has passed his physical and re-signed until 11:59 p.m. on July 12 — tying up Brooklyn’s cap space for a full 61/2 days.

Wiz going to end up screwing Brooklyn by tying up their money for a week :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-nets-offer-the-max/?utm_term=.52ebfa384606

In fact, not only do the Wizards plan on keeping Porter, there is a possibility that they will keep the money from Porter’s offer sheet on Brooklyn’s books for as long as possible. In addition to the two days the Wizards will have to match Porter’s offer initially, there also is a two-day window in which Porter will need to report to the team and have a physical, and another two-day window after that for the team to announce he has passed the physical.

So, in theory, the Wizards could wait to officially announce Porter has passed his physical and re-signed until 11:59 p.m. on July 12 — tying up Brooklyn’s cap space for a full 61/2 days.

Wiz going to end up screwing Brooklyn by tying up their money for a week :lol:

only way to defend pettiness is to shoot it right back at em :lol:, I've learned so much more about the league's off court rules in the last two offseasons than I ever have before. These rules are so wild it's hard to believe players agreed to em in the CBA

This matters less to Brooklyn than it would other teams though. Tying up their cap for six days isnt really going to hurt them, they have no major plans.

This matters less to Brooklyn than it would other teams though. Tying up their cap for six days isnt really going to hurt them, they have no major plans.
They don't have any major plans, but I do think they would like to sign a free agent or two, and they now only have about $10M to play around with for the next week while Porter is technically on their books.

Some RFA's that teams didn't match
Jermey Lin
Omer Asik
Chandler Parsons

They all got some sort of poison deal though. Maybe Brooklyn should start giving out poison deals to get other teams not to match.

Very few teams have huge salary cap space to take on deals, so if the Wiz do use the 6-1/2 days, it's fine, won't really prevent the Nets from going and checking on taking salary dumps for picks. I think it's maybe 6 teams that have significant cap space (Nets with pending cap space), a few like the Heat with cap space won't take on deals longer than a year in a salary dump

They don't have any major plans, but I do think they would like to sign a free agent or two, and they now only have about $10M to play around with for the next week while Porter is technically on their books.

Not really. From everything I've read it was basically take a big swing at Otto... And then wait a while for markets to dry up, while looking to see if there's a salary dump trade they can handle.

Last edited:

Agree to a deal in principle and keep moving.

Like realistically who are the Nets gonna sign out there that cap space needs to be a concern?

The nets shoulda offered porter a 3 year deal with a player option and a trade kicker. Then put he gets 50% of his money up front. I bet the wizards wouldn't match that.

Last edited:
Eh Nets did the right move.

At the very least, if they match. WIzards will be a luxury tax team immediately... They will be one next year as well, and then will be one coming into 2019 when they have to pay Wall $30mil a year. It caps the Wizards talent wise, and prevents them from adding any major talent

$25mil - Beal (4 years)
$25mil - Porter (4 years)
$19mil - Wall (2 years) / $30mil after
$16mil - Mahinmi (3 years)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom