OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

giphy.gif

I don't use Twitter really, but I'm gonna add the biggie home Zach on there now lol

Love Richt, but keep him away from UGA as an employee.

...and I know I didn't just read that Fromm > Aaron Murray :lol: I love Fromm too but FOH with that. Fromm is a classic game-managing Bama QB, he aint putting the team on his back or threat to put 300yds on a defense.

"Fields makes one read and runs"

..and Fromm makes one read and stalls out. Fromm decides where he's going pre-snap. If that guy isn't open, Fromm is late through his progressions therefore the ball comes out late or he holds it forever and takes a stupid sack like Francois. Not to mention he throws with all arm which is a whole other problem.. Fromm fans gotta stop pretending he's this un-benchable QB that 'lead' us to the Natty (in which he stunk up the 2nd half) just because you're tired of people wanting to see the #1 HS player in the world get reps/developed in scenarios that suit his skill set or when Fromm is stinking it up. It's ok to have a starter and still develop the backup.

Fromm is more talented then Murrsy. Murray just played in the more wide-open offense that let him be use his weapons vertically. My point is that Georgia has so many blue chip players at skill positions, why are we throwing so many lateral wide receiver screen passes when we have multiple 5 stars receivers with track speed (Hardman and DRob). Aaron Murray's success had more to do with the Georgia ran under Bobo and play calling than a talent advantage over Jake.

Also, no one is saying that Fromm is some unbench mobile quarterback. We're all waiting for the day that Justin Fields can take Jake's spot but what have you seen from Fields the season that indicates that time is coming anytime soon?

When we call run-pass-option plays and even traditional drop back passes, Fields chooses to run every single time. He's the definition of a 1 read and take off quarterback. you still relies way too much on him too that's why his athleticism. He can't get the offense set in time to avoid delay-of-game penalties and he takes horrendous sacks instead of throwing the ball away. honestly, he's fortunate that we have a quarterback like Jake Fromm in front of him so that he can take a year to get acclimated to the college game and make his mistakes in garbage time and not critical points in the game. I don't care who you are, you can't take a 16-yard sack when you have 1st and goal from the 2-yard line.

It's fine that Fields is making these mistakes, he's a true freshman and very few true freshmen are ready to step in and start on top 5 teams. We need to be patient with him, starting him now is it what's best for him or the team.

For all of Jake's limitations, I always know that he gets the simple stuff right. He's not going to get dumb delay-of-game penalties, he can get us into the correct play by making audibles at the line of scrimmage and for the most part he doesn't make any critical mistakes, although he's not perfect.

While on one hand it’s funny on the other hand if I was a member of the Smith family I’d be a little worried about Zach & what he might do

Nah they’re not worried.

They’re participating and enabling. Fam seems pretty gross.

Can we discuss how with this whole “you’re a snitch” “ruining my life when you weren’t living right either” ranting Zach Smith is essentially admitting that the reporting and accounts of him abusing his wife are for the most part true.

The internet is going to meltdown when Zach finally confirms the swinger rumours :lol:

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Tequila Tom with this. It's obvious they were still homies when most of this **** was going on.

It says a lot about Herman that they were even that close tbh.

Last edited:
Nah they’re not worried.

They’re participating and enabling. Fam seems pretty gross.

Can we discuss how with this whole “you’re a snitch” “ruining my life when you weren’t living right either” ranting Zach Smith is essentially admitting that the reporting and accounts of him abusing his wife are for the most part true.

He's already admited he got physical with his wife, he's just couched it with "she got physical too".

Fromm is more talented then Murrsy. Murray just played in the more wide-open offense that let him be use his weapons vertically. My point is that Georgia has so many blue chip players at skill positions, why are we throwing so many lateral wide receiver screen passes when we have multiple 5 stars receivers with track speed (Hardman and DRob). Aaron Murray's success had more to do with the Georgia ran under Bobo and play calling than a talent advantage over Jake.

Also, no one is saying that Fromm is some unbench mobile quarterback. We're all waiting for the day that Justin Fields can take Jake's spot but what have you seen from Fields the season that indicates that time is coming anytime soon?

When we call run-pass-option plays and even traditional drop back passes, Fields chooses to run every single time. He's the definition of a 1 read and take off quarterback. you still relies way too much on him too that's why his athleticism. He can't get the offense set in time to avoid delay-of-game penalties and he takes horrendous sacks instead of throwing the ball away. honestly, he's fortunate that we have a quarterback like Jake Fromm in front of him so that he can take a year to get acclimated to the college game and make his mistakes in garbage time and not critical points in the game. I don't care who you are, you can't take a 16-yard sack when you have 1st and goal from the 2-yard line.

It's fine that Fields is making these mistakes, he's a true freshman and very few true freshmen are ready to step in and start on top 5 teams. We need to be patient with him, starting him now is it what's best for him or the team.

For all of Jake's limitations, I always know that he gets the simple stuff right. He's not going to get dumb delay-of-game penalties, he can get us into the correct play by making audibles at the line of scrimmage and for the most part he doesn't make any critical mistakes, although he's not perfect.

Agree to disagree on Murray/Fromm. Murray won games and threw the best back shoulder throw I've seen.

You still not gettin it on Fields...we not saying he needs to start, we know Fromm is the guy now (played like **** til a couple weeks ago tho). We know Fields aint ready, we're saying get him ready. If Jake goes down (like Eason did) guess who's going in the game..that guy that isn't ready. He's good enough to play 2-3 series a game esp if we're up 2 scores. Yall talk like he's Faton Bauta. Let the kid take his lumps and learn from them while it doesnt matter...and as I said, Fromm takes those same stupid sacks and doesnt throw the ball away.

Back
Top Bottom