**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are capped out permanently with Beal. They can bottom out like Brooklyn until that wall deal is up.

I mean...that Wall contract doesn’t expire til 2023 and nobody is taking it on til the last year probably. You’re not gonna be able to completely tank with Wall back so at this point the Wizards are just gonna be ****ed in mediocrity in the meantime. You can’t play a Lonzo-Wall backcourt though.

There’s other teams in the league capable of making trades where we don’t HAVE to include the Lakers.

I mean...that Wall contract doesn’t expire til 2023 and nobody is taking it on til the last year probably. You’re not gonna be able to completely tank with Wall back so at this point the Wizards are just gonna be ****ed in mediocrity in the meantime. You can’t play a Lonzo-Wall backcourt though.

There’s other teams in the league capable of making trades where we don’t HAVE to include the Lakers.

:lol: it always comes back to the 6ers. I’m speaking in general why it would make sense to move for guys on a rookie deal. It just so happened someone mentioned the Lakers

F€k them kids

giphy.gif

The right combo of young players w/ promise on rookie deals plus picks should be able to get something done for Beal. I just don't see what the path to any kind of relative success is with the Wizards, with Beal, unless they end up with Zion or something and he's an all-star caliber player right away, which I obviously don't see happening.

So y’all would rather roll the dice with Beal and Lebron than see how the young dudes pan out?
Beal's only two years older than Kuzma and made the huge leap sooner, so the question as far as Kuzma's concerned is can he get to where Beal is now. But the obvious risk is what if none of them ever get to Beal's level.
Not like they're moving the young guys for a 29 year old pg like Kemba

The right combo of young players w/ promise on rookie deals plus picks should be able to get something done for Beal. I just don't see what the path to any kind of relative success is with the Wizards, with Beal, unless they end up with Zion or something and he's an all-star caliber player right away, which I obviously don't see happening.

John wall really kills them smh

what part of De'arron Fox being drafted to the Lakers instead of Lonzo would have lowered his value severely do ya'll not get. Fox actually had a more inefficient season than Ball last season, but he got all the opportunity to just play ball & make mistakes. This season he comes in much improved but he is still tasked with being the guy running the show on a team with no expectations.

You take that same guy throw him on a team where he's the third/fourth option, playing off Lebron on a team expected to make the playoffs & his value is nowhere near what it is now. Point blank Lonzo Ball fits better as a guy on the team the Lakers planned on constructing when they drafted him.

The Plan was

Lebron
PG/Boogie/
BI

Those are all three guys who are extremely ball dominant, Fox would be a MESS with those guys. Lonzo's skill set (although the shooting hasn't translated consistently) is perfect to fit in around that team.

If your starting a team blank and need to build with one piece Fox is def the better prospect as of now, but if your plan was to build around two Star veterans & a young Wing.... then Lonzo was easily the better fit. High IQ, good defense, Really good rebounder for his position, Great passer & known to be a team first guy.

Giannis for MVP & DPOY?

1) Giannis is top three in the NBA in:

- Defensive field goal percentage
- Defensive rating
- Defensive win shares
- Defensive box plus/minus

2) Bucks have the best defense in the league.

3) Giannis might be the Defensive Player of the Year (and MVP).

Beal's only two years older than Kuzma and made the huge leap sooner, so the question as far as Kuzma's concerned is can he get to where Beal is now. But the obvious risk is what if none of them ever get to Beal's level.
Not like they're moving the young guys for a 29 year old pg like Kemba
Beal was dropping 25 a game in the playoffs when he was Kuzma's age. He's a far better shooter and is a better creator for others than Kuzma.

This doesn't equate to Kuzma being bad by any means. Just don't see a path to him being anywhere close to as good as Beal is.

what part of De'arron Fox being drafted to the Lakers instead of Lonzo would have lowered his value severely do ya'll not get. Fox actually had a more inefficient season than Ball last season, but he got all the opportunity to just play ball & make mistakes. This season he comes in much improved but he is still tasked with being the guy running the show on a team with no expectations.

You take that same guy throw him on a team where he's the third/fourth option, playing off Lebron on a team expected to make the playoffs & his value is nowhere near what it is now. Point blank Lonzo Ball fits better as a guy on the team the Lakers planned on constructing when they drafted him.

The Plan was

Lebron
PG/Boogie/
BI

Those are all three guys who are extremely ball dominant, Fox would be a MESS with those guys. Lonzo's skill set (although the shooting hasn't translated consistently) is perfect to fit in around that team.

If your starting a team blank and need to build with one piece Fox is def the better prospect as of now, but if your plan was to build around two Star veterans & a young Wing.... then Lonzo was easily the better fit. High IQ, good defense, Really good rebounder for his position, Great passer & known to be a team first guy.

I think lonzo would be much further along in his development if trash Luke Walton let the leash off the kid and let him hoop last year and this year. That and if he could stay healthy.

I think lonzo would be much further along in his development if trash Luke Walton let the leash off the kid and let him hoop last year and this year. That and if he could stay healthy.

It's a mix of both, injuries & Luke nut *** rotations. The stretch this year where Rondo was hurt & Luke was relying on Zo, it's no surprise he was playing his best basketball & being aggressive. then he gets injured SMH.

This year he has an entire off season to work on his game & i hope L.A doesn't trade him before seeing exactly what we have with him.

And it shouldn't.

Nobody's opinion will change until there's demonstrable action that proves it's changed.

But being upset about her three and a half minute speech is nothing more than looking for a reason to complain.
Yeah, because white privilege doesn't exist.

Giannis for MVP & DPOY?

1) Giannis is top three in the NBA in:

- Defensive field goal percentage
- Defensive rating
- Defensive win shares
- Defensive box plus/minus

2) Bucks have the best defense in the league.

3) Giannis might be the Defensive Player of the Year (and MVP).
MVP yes. DPOY nah.

It's hard to quantify individual advanced defensive numbers like plus/minus and rating. Just because you're on the floor when a team isnt scoring doesnt mean you're the one stopping the scoring. But narratives matter

It's a mix of both, injuries & Luke nut *** rotations. The stretch this year where Rondo was hurt & Luke was relying on Zo, it's no surprise he was playing his best basketball & being aggressive. then he gets injured SMH.

This year he has an entire off season to work on his game & i hope L.A doesn't trade him before seeing exactly what we have with him.
Exactly...the man was killing his confidence for adjusting his minutes so much....Look at how much Trae Young and Collin Sexton have progressed through this season because they were given the opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom