**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. What exactly makes Lonzo a better fit around Bron than Fox?

Fox is a better shooter than Lonzo, actually has the ability to attack defenses off the dribble, and is a good facilitator and defender.

I'm not saying Ball is a bad fit around Bron either.

my god that was a beautiful tank performance by the Mavs last night

& the more I think about it I wouldn't mind them pursuing Butler in FA

Fox is a better shooter than Lonzo, actually has the ability to attack defenses off the dribble, and is a good facilitator and defender.

It’s like playing 4 playmakers is a bad thing all of sudden. Definitely helps with depth and keeping guys fresh too.

Building around guys not on your roster is absolutely wild to me

??? It's wild that the Lakers FO tried to execute a plan around a team and style they envisioned

The plan was disrupted last season by PG not signing, but even as constructed

Lebron & BI are still on the team, ZO is still a better fit next to them than Fox. Not to mention ya'll are acting like drafting ball over Fox at that time was some ridiculous reach. There was back & fourth arguments between the two all the way up to the draft. They chose the player who's mold fit the direction they wanted the team to go in.

??? It's wild that the Lakers FO tried to execute a plan around a team and style they envisioned

The plan was disrupted last season by PG not signing, but even as constructed

Lebron & BI are still on the team, ZO is still a better fit next to them than Fox. Not to mention ya'll are acting like drafting ball over Fox at that time was some ridiculous reach. There was back & fourth arguments between the two all the way up to the draft. They chose the player who's mold fit the direction they wanted the team to go in.

Name a team that drafted based on potential free agents

The Celtics drafted Tatum after signing Hayward and trading for Myrie already on the roster.

They weren’t worried about fit

1) coming into the league nobody projected Fox to be a better shooter than zo
2) He was considered a ball dominant guard, he's high usage
3) he not nearly as big as Zo & there were concerns about his ability to guard multiple positions

Based off what both players were projected to be Zo outlook fit better next to 2/3 ball dominate players.

Can something like RJ Barrett/Wendell Carter/Future Protected Pick for Beal potentially work?

Feel like I would really like a Beal/Lavine/Lauri/Richie core.

When non Blacks attempt to control the discussion around race by deflecting, and then suggesting that Black people are only complaining, I wish they had the courage to state how they truly feel. They won't, and that is because White privilege also breeds cowardice among whites, in a magnificent way. They call the police, law enforcement and in this case, on this board, they call moderators. Just like talking smack about the players they claim to love, once the player begins to talk about being Black, their tone will change to something even nastier. So now they will try and say things a players face, yet behind a velvet rope filled with security. They think that the league will protect them, allow these whites to call players monkey's, the n word, or making the attempt to feminize them if the player will respond in kind. It may be time for players to retaliate with force if necessary, especially if fans cross the line. Enough is enough. White privilege in all of its forms, needs to die.

Racism and the NBA

The controversy surrounding the Atlanta Hawks only inelegantly states what the NBA has tried to do for decades -- disregard loyal black fans in the hopes of appealing to white people.

Perhaps the naive utilitarian in me should be happy that the Heat ended up acquiring Deng thanks in part to Hawks officials comments that Deng is "has a little African in him" and is "like a guy who would have a nice store out front but sell you counterfeit stuff out the back." ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported that the Hawks were reluctant to give Deng a multi-year deal in July. If Hawks officials hadn't thought of Deng and other players of African descent as liars and cheats, Atlanta may have offered Deng more than the two-year contract Miami was willing to offer. Miami would've been left reeling, with the market for small forwards rapidly drying up after LeBron James' departure. Deng himself said that he is thankful to now be a part of an organization that "appreciates me for who I am."
https://www.hothothoops.com/2014/9/9/6127065/racism-and-the-nba

Last edited:
:lol: She says nothing, yall would throw a fit. She stands up in front of 20k people and condemns that ****, and yall aren't happy.

Donovan Mitchell ain't speak up soon enough.

Some of yall are just flat out insufferable.

People should just be happy she said anything? That's a low bar to hold a owner to. It's her job to address something that serious. That lil speech was PC as hell their PR team wrote.

That wasn't the first time or the only racist fan the Jazz have had. This **** been going on at least since Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes said they was being called the N word all over the arena. She said they're not a racist community and that's false, they're very racist community and you can't treat cancer pretending it's not there. I don't really expect a old white person to really address racism for real so I'm not surprised she was safe but I'm not giving her no points just for speaking. That's what she supposed to do as a team owner.

It’s like playing 4 playmakers is a bad thing all of sudden. Definitely helps with depth and keeping guys fresh too.

Breh this is the same EXACT idea the Lakers were going after this summer, and ya'll bashed the idea the entire year :lol::lol:.

Fox was a rookie who was deemed undersized, not a shooter & someone who a lot of people though was gonna take a few years to get it together. but somehow the Lakers should have rushed to pick that player to put around three other ball dominate guys.

Beal was dropping 25 a game in the playoffs when he was Kuzma's age. He's a far better shooter and is a better creator for others than Kuzma.

This doesn't equate to Kuzma being bad by any means. Just don't see a path to him being anywhere close to as good as Beal is.
And Beal is a good defender.

Didn’t know Beal was only 25
You get so much out of a prospect if you draft a 18/19 year old and they pop early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom