**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to get cut/braided at this salon on imperial and Western. Next to the food 4 less. You know what I’m talmbout BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

It was convenient because half the spot was a barbershop with real barbers and the other half was a salon for the braids. My barber appointments were always on point but these women would flake all the time on the braids. I ended up cutting it out of frustration.

Im byke doe

Behind the del taco? :nerd: I think there's a dry cleaners over there too. Never actually noticed a barbershop :lol:

He's quite possibly the greatest baseball player of all time yet is only being paid 30% more than Bryce Harper. He's easily with 500 mil+ for how great he is. Think of MJ with no maximum contract.
Hold your horses.

No doubt Trout is a great baseball player, but possibly the greatest? **** NO!!!!!

Plus those long term contracts, they tend to not pay out.

Albert Pujos was arguably better with STL and then he got paid and went downhill.

Is he really? Sheesh. Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't know he was that much better than Bryce Harper.

Imagine what guys like Bron or KD could make with no salary cap.

Yeah, Bryce isn't really that close to him. He's only put up one season (2015) that was on Trout's level. Trout is a LeBron-like phenom. He's been the best player in the world since he was 20/21 years old. Barry Bonds is still the GOAT but Trout will be in the convo by the time his career's over barring serious injury.

Behind the del taco? :nerd: I think there's a dry cleaners over there too. Never actually noticed a barbershop :lol:

Yea, it’s advertised as a salon but they got barbers in the back. I was stuck at the light once and happened to see it so I pulled up :lol:

Hold your horses.

No doubt Trout is a great baseball player, but possibly the greatest? **** NO!!!!!

Albert Pujos was arguably better with STL and then he got paid and went downhill.

Pujols was very good but he was like 32. That was a bad deal from the jump. Trout is 27

Hold your horses.

He's 26. I said the greatest by the numbers. I think only Bonds and Ruth at this point in their careers were on this type of start to their careers.

Pujols was 32 when he signed that 10 year deal. This deal for Trout will cover all his prime.

Baseball more than any other sport is about the numbers and Trout well on his way.

Not to turn this into the baseball thread, but

1. He wasn't better.

2. He was at least 5 years older (officially) when he signed that massive deal. I say at least because there are questions about his real age. Trout is still in his prime.

Yeah, Bryce isn't really that close to him. He's only put up one season (2015) that was on Trout's level. Trout is a LeBron-like phenom. He's been the best player in the world since he was 20/21 years old. Barry Bonds is still the GOAT but Trout will be in the convo by the time his career's over barring serious injury.

And he’s all ours :emoji_hugging:

Okay last baseball post but historically I believe a hitter’s prime starts around the age 27 season.

So if eeveything goes as planned we get 5 more elite years, 2 average years, 3 below avg years, 2 awful years.

Pujols was very good but he was like 32. That was a bad deal from the jump. Trout is 27
No doubt, I'm not comparing the age. This is a good signing for the Angel's because Trout still has plenty. I'm speaking I'm general, long term deals tend not to favor the teams. Pujos, Canon, Rodriguez, etc. As a fan, if the long term signing is from a farm guy, I'm all for it.

He's 26. I said the greatest by the numbers. I think only Bonds and Ruth at this point in their careers were on this type of start to their careers.

Baseball more than any other sport is about the numbers and Trout well on his way.
so you mean to tell me that Pujols was not just as great from his rookie year till the time he left STL?
I'm not talking about age, but from when they started. Again, I like the signing for theAngel's, but if dude gets hurt or something, it will look bad. Just the chances you take

Not to turn this into the baseball thread, but

1. He wasn't better.

2. He was at least 5 years older (officially) when he signed that massive deal. I say at least because there are questions about his real age. Trout is still in his prime.
he wasnt? Dude was an offensive juggernaut and won. Dude has better Avg, OBP was about the same and had way fewer strikeouts. Dude was just older, we can only hope to see trout continue killing it. He is truly amazing and I enjoy seeing play. Just dont have him rank anywhere near the top of greats. He is starting...

That's like crowing Cabrera the greatest and you see how that is turning out.

Okay last baseball post but historically I believe a hitter’s prime starts around the age 27 season.

So if eeveything goes as planned we get 5 more elite years, 2 average years, 3 below avg years, 2 awful years.
Then people will complain about it.

Dudes keep saying pujos was 32 when he signed the massive deal. That's 5 years away with 7 more to go. Yikes.

But I like the signing, Trout is an Angel, glad the organization paid rewarded their own. If in years it turns sour so what, take care of their own.

If Jeter was still playing, so ****ing what, I would of sucked it up and enjoy watching him played. Same for Posada, Bernie, Mariano and so on.

Trout is now 27 years old, has played 7 full seasons, made 7 all-star games, is a 2x MVP, 4x MVP runner-up, and 6x Silver Slugger.

That is completely insane.

he wasnt? Dude was an offensive juggernaut and won. Dude has better Avg, OBP was about the same and had way fewer strikeouts.

No disrespect to Pujols, he's an all time great hitter and easy 1st ballot HOFer, but he was also slow as molasses and a statue on the basepaths. Trout gives you value on defense and baserunning in addition to elite hitting.

Last edited:
Besides clearly being a better player the age is a big factor. Pujols getting that deal was like the Lakers signing Bron for 4 years. That should make sense keko jones keko jones .

You're virtually guaranteed to be getting Trout's physical prime which is crazy considering what he's already accomplished.

No disrespect to Pujols, he's an all time great hitter and easy 1st ballot HOFer, but he was also slow as molasses and a statue in the field. Trout gives you value on defense and baserunning in addition to elite hitting.
Dude is a 1st baseman .. wth!! You talk like he was a defensive liability but he won a few Gold Gloves.

Plus he is a cleanup hitter. His job is to drive runs in.

I rather have a slow runner at first than a strikeout victim in the dugout.

the baseball thread needs more posters besides the same 10 of us

why dont some of of yall pop yall heads in

Reactions: HIM
the baseball thread needs more posters besides the same 10 of us

why dont some of of yall pop yall heads in
giphy.gif

Besides clearly being a better player the age is a big factor. Pujols getting that deal was like the Lakers signing Bron for 4 years. That should make sense keko jones keko jones .

You're virtually guaranteed to be getting Trout's physical prime which is crazy considering what he's already accomplished.
Clearly better? I would disagree with that statement. Just compare the numbers to their start of their careers and show me the clearly better part.

But I didnt bring Pujols to compare. I was just giving an example of how contracts go down hill.

But let's take your argument give it the well deserve value.

Pujols signed a 10 year contract at 31 turning 32 I believe.

Mike Trout is 27 singing a 12 year deal.

If you knock the age on Pujols when he signed, this is like signing Trout to 10 years at 29.

But again, not knocking it, just dont like long term contracts . Especially when is not an organizational player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom