OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kyle Whittingham maybe? It's hard to tell for some of these guys at tier 3 programs. He has the Pacific Islander pipeline though..I don't know.

BIG upgrade. Left a place i was at for 15 years, so it wasnt easy. My gif game will be back once my head stops spinning.

martintommy.gif

BIG upgrade. Left a place i was at for 15 years, so it wasnt easy. My gif game will be back once my head stops spinning.

Can’t beat that then. Always nerve racking leaving what you know and you’re comfortable with. And after 15 years at one place, that was probably terrifying, especially when you have a family that depends on you.

Are any FBS coaches known for being great coaches but sucky recruiters? It's usually the other way around and if a great coach doesn't get blue chip recruits, he's usually tabbed as someone who brings in "his guys." I don't know why I thought of this. :lol:

Petersen.

can you even be a great coach & a weak recruiter?

didn’t guys here back in the day used to say chip hated recruiting?

can you even be a great coach & a weak recruiter?

didn’t guys here back in the day used to say chip hated recruiting?

Depends what you mean by "recruiter".

A guy like Petersen might not have a flashy star rating next to his classes buy he nails his evaluations and put guys into the league. He isn't simply coaching guys up, and hoping they can be competent players by their fourth and fifth years in the program (a la Wisconsin). He's finding talent.

For me personally, recruiting success should judge on the amount of guys you put in the league.

Can’t beat that then. Always nerve racking leaving what you know and you’re comfortable with. And after 15 years at one place, that was probably terrifying, especially when you have a family that depends on you.
for sure. Could have stayed and worked in too much comfort (come and go as i please - made me lazy), if you know what i mean. So i left for a higher pressure but more stable job with Fox. It was my dream job i've been looking at for about 8 years but couldnt make the move because i was under contract. Feels good.

i was going to say Peterson too but i bet he crushes it at the kitchen table with the parents. I would trust my son was in good hands knowing he's running the program.

Honestly I feel like chip could recruit well he just didn't want to. He was able to get his guys when he really wanted to like Deanthony Thomas.

Honestly I feel like chip could recruit well he just didn't want to. He was able to get his guys when he really wanted to like Deanthony Thomas.
that one still hurts. When those pics came out with him wearing Oregon gear the day before signing day, it felt like getting kicked in the nuts.

that one still hurts. When those pics came out with him wearing Oregon gear the day before signing day, it felt like getting kicked in the nuts.
I'll never forget the day Max Browne committed to USC. Huskie fans were losing their minds :lol:

Back
Top Bottom