OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Few examples of why I hate my teams fan base:

This is regarding tOSU dropping 2 spots in the AP

"Not if the NCAA has anything to say about it. We dropped 2 spots despite beating our opponent by 31 yet Georgia moved up 2 spots when they beat an FCS team by 28. If that doesn't scream bias, I don't know what does"

"Alabama only wins by 18, USC only wins by 3 and they both stay the same, TOSU wins by 31 and drops two spots, WTF????? No, no bias in the polls!"

I mean it couldn't be that Oklahoma just embarrassed us at home and we have a loss :lol: then when you say that it means you're a fake fan and you should root for someone else

Not a fan of Drevno?

Nope... Terrible recruiter and his OL development has been less than stellar... Play calling is all over the place... No idea why he gets north of $1mil... Isaac has bruised ribs and will prob get the Purdue game and the bye week to recover... Dont like a notorious softee like him having a core injury... Tarik Black broke his foot and sound like they will apply for a medical RS... Need Peoples-Jones to be the guy now and cant wait to see him get the snaps

Injury list:

DT Marlon Tuipulotu (knee) - did not play; said he expects to play next week

OLB Porter Gustin (biceps, toe) - MRI came back negative - will not need surgery on biceps; no current time frame on return - 50/50 at best for this weekend, "could be an extensive period of time"; Gustin said issue believed to be shoulder injury last week was actually an issue of where the biceps tendon connects to the shoulder - "I think it just moved down a little bit. It's nothing too bad. I could for sure play on it."

OLB Uchenna Nwosu (elbow, MCL sprain) - day-to-day

DL Rasheem Green (ankle) - left game in second half with high ankle sprain; day-to-day

LB John Houston Jr. (neck) - did not dress; day-to-day

LB Cameron Smith (finger) - popped it back into place and returned to game

DB Ajene Harris (knee sprain) - day-to-day

OL Chuma Edoga (wrist) - left in first half; said playing with the club wasn't that big of a deal, but the pain became too much for him and ultimately had to come out.

RB Ronald Jones II (thigh) - suffered thigh contusion; day-to-day

TE Daniel Imatorbhebhe (hip) - did not dress

WR Steven Mitchell Jr. (groin) - no information on his MRI

OLB Connor Murphy (elbow) - not a new injury, but Murphy has bone chips in his elbow that he will play with throughout the season

OLB Juliano Falaniko (knee sprain) - did not play, dressed in first half, not dressed in second half; injured himself when he fell down the steps going to class during the week

DB Ykili Ross (shoulder) - checked on the sideline after a hit, did not miss time

WR - Joseph Lewis IV (rib) - pulled from game; has a strained muscle in between ribs and pectoral

WR - Michael Pittman Jr. (ankle) - dressed, but did not play

OL - Nathan Smith (knee) - did not dress

K Michael Brown (knee) - out for season

DB - Jonathan Lockett (hip) - out for season

:smh: felony charges? Sucks for those guys. I don't understand why they are being so agressive with the charges.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

USC olinemen said that Texas ran a defense Saturday and showed fronts they didn't see anywhere on film.

Supports the rumor that Herman was reassuring boosters after the Maryland game that he had saved stuff for USC and guaranteed a win.

When you're an "elite" team, teams are going to take their best shot and do things that they may not have done before, no? Or are we going to hear this every time SC has a closer call than anticipated? Good coaches make the adjustments after spotting that the opponent is doing something new. **** just sounds like excuses otherwise.

Gonna be a long season if Clancy keeps running these basic blitzes that any half decent QB can pick up on. Thank goodness for the speed on our defense. Both our corners are awful and got exposed last night. Not having an athlete at TE truly hurt Darnold as that's his safety net. But a W is a W, but we sure didn't deserve that game.

Clancy Pendergast has to go. The defense has been average at best under his tenure, and always seemingly fails to come up with timely stops. And for someone who cut their teeth coaching DBs on the college and pro level, the secondary has struggled mightily under his watch. The DBs are always holding and interfering and rarely get their head around to locate the ball in coverage. The technique is just poor. Adoree Jackson winning the Thorpe and being a first round pick speaks to his great talent, because he accomplished those things despite the lack of coaching he got at SC.

Back
Top Bottom