**OFFICIAL** 2018 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

If anyone is interested in paying $10 for quality content, deposit $10 into DRAFT and you get a season long FootballGuys subscription. Their pre-draft rankings are consistently in the top tier of sites/experts and their in season analysis is great.

http://www.footballguys.com/buy-now.php

I asked about DRAFT the other day. I've never played on their but I'm curious if anyone has and how it differs from the standard DFS.

Ive been doing some mocks and i have the 11th pick.

So far if I dont take a WR and Rb with my first two picks Im not really a fan of how it turns out.

I have done WR and WR with my first two picks and hate the outcome.

I think ill try snagging RB and RB first two rounds and see how that turns out.

I have pick 11 also in a 12-teamer. I don't think I can get myself to go RB/RB with my first two picks :ohwell: I really will have to see how the 10 picks before me go. Ideally I want to go RB/WR and work it from there.

I like Golladay because he’s big and athletic as **** but he reminds me of one of those dudes who every year people talk about his potential.

I wouldn’t mind grabbing him but it depends on how early he’s going.

I'm all in on Njoku.

Imagine someone like Matt Stafford with Gordon, Landry, Njoku, and Johnson :sick:

Tyrod has never been the QB of a high powered offense so I don't know if all four guys will get consistent targets. I'd bet on Njoku and Landry since Tyrod likes to throw short.

I wouldn't even bother drafting Hyde or Chubb.

Imagine someone like Matt Stafford with Gordon, Landry, Njoku, and Johnson :sick:

Tyrod has never been the QB of a high powered offense so I don't know if all four guys will get consistent targets. I'd bet on Njoku and Landry since Tyrod likes to throw short.

This is why I worry about drafting Josh Gordon. They have so many mouths to feed and Tyrod is usually just a checkdown guy with an occasional deep ball that also likes to take off and run a lot.

Just completed a snake draft on ESPN. Was the 12th pick in 12 team league. Went with the 10 pick RB/WR method.

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Dalvin Cook
RB - Jay Ajayi
WR - Keenan Allen
WR - Jarvis Landry
TE - Trey Burton
FLEX - Will Fuller
D - Rams
K - Robbie Gould
Bench - Sterling Shepard
Bench - Kenny Golladay
Bench - Allen Hurns
Bench - David Njoku
Bench - Alex Smith
Bench - Javorius Allen
Bench - Ryan Grant

Hate auction.

I like snake because the format is closer to an actual draft.

Yeah but in an actual draft your committing to spending actual money.

And the randomness of where your pick lands is bogus. This is fantasy not the NFL.

Snake drafts are for novices. Much less strategy involved.

This is where I'm at. No way that Cleveland offense is going to support 5 fantasy viable candidates.

Yeah but in an actual draft your committing to spending actual money.

And the randomness of where your pick lands is bogus. This is fantasy not the NFL.

Snake drafts are for novices. Much less strategy involved.

How does your league determine draft order though? Mine is just based on record from last year (with the exception of this year because we added a bunch of people), but I agree, an auction draft seems way more fun.

How does your league determine draft order though? Mine is just based on record from last year (with the exception of this year because we added a bunch of people), but I agree, an auction draft seems way more fun.

So for auction there is not actual draft order.

There’s an order for nominating a player to be auctioned, but once the player is nominated anyone can bid whatever amount they want.

Auction is a breathe of fresh air if you’ve been doing snake for years.

If you’re curious I’d just join a free public league on the side to see if you like it.

There’s an order for nominating a player to be auctioned, but once the player is nominated anyone can bid whatever amount they want.

If you’re curious I’d just join a free public league on the side to see if you like it.

I meant how were your previous snake draft determined. The draft order has usually been pretty fair for the leagues ive been in. I only had one which was completely random and that one is dumb as hell.

I meant how were your previous snake draft determined. The draft order has usually been pretty fair for the leagues ive been in. I only had one which was completely random and that one is dumb as hell.

Oh...

Reverse order of previous season's standings. If there was no previous season then random order which completely sucks.

Eh... I've been playing since 1999. Snake draft is the equivalent of auto pilot.

To each his own.

Auto draft is the equivalent of auto pilot.

Assuming snake is the equivalent of auto pilot is assuming every manager drafts players according to their pre-rank. Thta's not how it goes down in my leagues.

Auto draft is the equivalent of auto pilot.

Assuming snake is the equivalent of auto pilot is assuming every manager drafts players according to their pre-rank. Thta's not how it goes down in my leagues.

hope you win your league

In my Auction League there is one guy who bids on Bell and DJ and pays over $100 each... our budget is only $250 so he spends $200 out the gate and is hasn't made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs in 3 years... He hasn't had Bell or DJ start either season off well...

In my Auction League there is one guy who bids on Bell and DJ and pays over $100 each... our budget is only $250 so he spends $200 out the gate and is hasn't made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs in 3 years... He hasn't had Bell or DJ start either season off well...

Lower the budget on him :lol:

Back
Top Bottom