**OFFICIAL** 2018 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

In my ppr auctions, I am very much targeting McCaffery and Cook as my 1, 2. I did 5 mocks yesterday and both combined came very close to costing a total of $100 nearly every time. It was quite interesting, really. But on a $200 budget, this means I would have $100 for the rest of the team. It worked out that most of the time I was still able to get Jarvis Landry and Stefon Diggs. My QB's were either Cousins, Rivers or Brees in those drafts and Trey Burton at TE. For mad cheap, I could usually get Jameis as a backup just in case and guys like Kerryon, Duke Johnson Jr. and any number of combinations of WR's. I actually really like that team. Of course, it rarely plays out like that, but it gives me a nice plan.

In the middle of my auction right now and sure as ****, McCaffery and Cook go for $101 and I got Landry and Diggs for way cheaper than the mocks. Those are my 4 so far. Feeling good...hope I'm not wrong about this. :lol:

I’ve just received a trade offer:

My Adams, K. Johnson and Jordan Howard for AJ Green and Kareem Hunt. Am I tripping on thinking of not hitting the accept button? I have Rodgers, and feel like the two could have a big year. But Hunt seems to be a clear upgrade over Howard.

I only have tonight to consider. Dude said he’s going to take it away in an hr if I don’t respond.
FD1EFAE6-D374-4622-BDFA-036F4D2CA66E.png
594CC6C3-21D1-4B2D-9392-56A31B5C3F76.png

Quick questions. In the leagues you guys are in. Do you guys find out your draft order a hour before the draft? Or do you find out what it is sooner?

Quick questions. In the leagues you guys are in. Do you guys find out your draft order a hour before the draft? Or do you find out what it is sooner?

The past two seasons we let a buddy of mines niece pick names out of a hat. Weeks before draft night. I wish we had a legitimate way of determining but whatever. It's a re-draft every season so it's not a big deal. If it was a keeper we'd do it differently.

Had my first live draft last night. 12 team league, I got screwed over with the 1 pick out of a random draw. I opted not to take a kicker in the last round because they are stupid, but now I have to figure out who to drop. We only have 5 bench spots. Im assuming Aaron Jones. I'm a little worried about how healthy and rusty luck will be for the first couple weeks so I feel like a need to keep another QB on my bench until he comes around.

Capture.JPG

I like my bench, but my starting WRs are ****ing garbage.

I found out last night about 5 minutes before we started drafting, but in another league, we have one person write down everyones name and assign a number to them. Then we have another person do a random number generator and whoevers numbers assigned by the other guy line up with that determines the draft order. At least this way two people are involved and you actually have time well before the draft to trade picks if you wish.

Also stumbled upon this. Seems like a pretty good tool for that too

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/draft-order-generator.php

Last edited:
Had my first live draft last night. 12 team league, I got screwed over with the 1 pick out of a random draw. I opted not to take a kicker in the last round because they are stupid, but now I have to figure out who to drop. We only have 5 bench spots. Im assuming Aaron Jones. I'm a little worried about how healthy and rusty luck will be for the first couple weeks so I feel like a need to keep another QB on my bench until he comes around.

View attachment 2166854

Yeah, Jones is your odd-man out in that situation.

In the league I run I do my best to let everyone know the draft order as soon as possible so people can mock draft.
I believe I posted our order about a month or so before the draft date. Some years its even earlier than that.

What are the odds Dez signs a deal? Picked him up in a later round in one of my drafts. Hoping he'll be a viable options being that it's a 14 manager league and I have two Flex spots currently filled by Ronald Jones and Sterling Shepard.

What are the odds Dez signs a deal? Picked him up in a later round in one of my drafts. Hoping he'll be a viable options being that it's a 14 manager league and I have two Flex spots currently filled by Ronald Jones and Sterling Shepard.

Dez will sign somewhere, it's just a matter of when. I wouldn't mind targeting him late. Then again, my draft is 9/5, so rosters will be set by then and he may be grabbed earlier than he should :lol: .

View attachment 2166854

I found out last night about 5 minutes before we started drafting, but in another league, we have one person write down everyones name and assign a number to them. Then we have another person do a random number generator and whoevers numbers assigned by the other guy line up with that determines the draft order. At least this way two people are involved and you actually have time well before the draft to trade picks if you wish.

Also stumbled upon this. Seems like a pretty good tool for that too

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/draft-order-generator.php

Baldwin, Landry, Goodwin and Robby Anderson are far from garbage. I’d be more worried about counting on Royce Freeman immediately as your RB2 and Ingram not being active in your lineup for the first 6 weeks.

PPR. I receive AJ and Hunt. Think so? Deal is still there.

i meant who would you pick up from the waiver wire after the trade. I would still go for it because green and hunt get a good amount of receptions

doing a mock draft right now and it seems like fournette has dropped down in ADP in Yahoo. anyone know why that is? seems like the news is saying he will get more touches but he drops in ADP???

Baldwin, Landry, Goodwin and Robby Anderson are far from garbage. I’d be more worried about counting on Royce Freeman immediately as your RB2 and Ingram not being active in your lineup for the first 6 weeks.

Yeah I figured I would be rolling with either Lynch or Hyde as my RB2 for the first couple weeks. Everyone in my draft went super heavy at running back so by the time it got back to me at 24 there were no elite wrs or top 15 running backs left. Even by the time it came to pick Freeman and Ingram, my only other option was Lamar Miller really and I dont trust that line. In round 2 it was basically either Gronk or McKinnon and im a little concerned about McKinnon so I opted to go with the safe pick barring health.

You had me worried for a second that I goofed and ingram was suspended 6 weeks instead of 4. Bastard

Last edited:
Yeah I figured I would be rolling with either Lynch or Hyde as my RB2 for the first couple weeks. Everyone in my draft went super heavy at running back so by the time it got back to me at 24 there were no elite wrs or top 15 running backs left. Even by the time it came to pick Freeman and Ingram, my only other option was Lamar Miller really and I dont trust that line. In round 2 it was basically either Gronk or McKinnon and im a little concerned about McKinnon so I opted to go with the safe pick barring health.

You had me worried for a second that I goofed and ingram was suspended 6 weeks instead of 4. Bastard

My bad I meant you’ll only be able to count on Ingram once in the first 6 weeks. He comes back Week 5 against the Skins then they go on bye then he faces the Ravens, Vikings and Rams defenses. Rough *** first 9 weeks.

buc em buc em how worried should I be that I took Ronald Jones in the 5th round? he's going to take over the starting role within the 1st 4 weeks?

draft Sunday, I feel so unprepared, outside the first few rounds I feel lost right now :smh:

I'm an A.J. stan, but I think I'd stand pat as well. dharv dharv what did ya end up doing?

Man the deal is still sitting there . I’m so torn off this deal it’s driving me crazy.

Reasons why:

1. AJ is 30, and coming off his worst season.

2. Hunt killed last season, but.... Ware was out all season. I expect him to eat 10-15% of his workload. If Hunt only produces at 85% of his 2017 scoring, he’s pretty close to Howard.

3. Howard has a new coach, and Nagy is a very good playcaller. Howard still won’t catch many passes, but the new additions may open up things for him.

4. I have the Adams/Rodgers combo. Hard to break that up.

5. I STILL don’t know what I’m going to do, but the offer is solid.

Back
Top Bottom