Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mets or Padres?

Mets 1-2 punch scare me but that offense has been terrible since Marte been out. We own the Madres but anything can happen in a short series :smh:

I think one day we'll look back and appreciate how special this regular season was, been surreal to watch this team with eyes just on October annually. 111 is A LOT of freakin wins, hoping they can keep the run going and win the damn thing.

I think one day we'll look back and appreciate how special this regular season was, been surreal to watch this team with eyes just on October annually. 111 is A LOT of freakin wins, hoping they can keep the run going and win the damn thing.
Pretty insane year.

Did we ever lose even 3 times in a row at all this season?

The 2017 Team was wild too. They were on pace to destroy the all time wins record then they somehow went 1-16 in September :lol:

We know how that season ended…. :smh:

Mets or Padres?

Mets 1-2 punch scare me but that offense has been terrible since Marte been out. We own the Madres but anything can happen in a short series :smh:
Mets have a tough 1-2 punch, but they’re not gonna pitch til game 2 and 3 vs LA. I doubt they put degrom on short rest for game 1. But that just means game 1 is a MUST as you don’t wanna go down 0-1 and degrom and scherzer pitching the next 2 games.

Dodgers own the padres but they seem to have gotten warm heading into the playoffs, and anything can happen. Just hope that series goes 3 games and they burn all their pitchers.

Curious to see what the playoff roster looks like and what Dave decides to do with the lineup.

Lux is a liability anywhere on defense and he killed the dodgers vs Atlanta last year.

Thompson or Taylor? Lux or muncy on the field? Will Gonsolin start or bullpen?

The 2017 Team was wild too. They were on pace to destroy the all time wins record then they somehow went 1-16 in September :lol:

We know how that season ended…. :smh:
That's the thing though is that they sucked going in and should've won the whole damn thing if Houston didn't use acoustic tactics to win the WS in 7...

This team better win the chip this season or else they just might end up being the biggest disappointment/chokers in MLB history.

They will replace the 90s Atlanta Braves in that discussion.

Lack of starting pitching and a legit closer is concerning. Braves might just end up beating us again. Should have kept Jansen.

This team better win the chip this season or else they just might end up being the biggest disappointment/chokers in MLB history.

They will replace the 90s Atlanta Braves in that discussion.

Lack of starting pitching and a legit closer is concerning. Braves might just end up beating us again. Should have kept Jansen.
You do understand that the two clubs that won 116 lost or didn't make the World Series right? You stated reasons this team can lose, which are all legitimate, so how is it choking if their best pitcher hasn't even been pitching because he's out for the year and the pen is shaky? It would be a huge disappointment if they didn't win this year, it's championship or bust, but "choking" is a term that I can't foresee used unless they had a 3-0 or 3-1 series lead and let it slip away...

You do understand that the two clubs that won 116 lost or didn't make the World Series right? You stated reasons this team can lose, which are all legitimate, so how is it choking if their best pitcher hasn't even been pitching because he's out for the year and the pen is shaky? It would be a huge disappointment if they didn't win this year, it's championship or bust, but "choking" is a term that I can't foresee used unless they had a 3-0 or 3-1 series lead and let it slip away...

Never quote a troller.

Dude pops in here every few weeks to troll then leaves.

I’ve been saying that 111 wins doesn’t mean **** without the ring and parade. And I’m sure some will disagree with me and I’m fine with that and respect it.

I don’t know if saying they deserve it is the right word as whoever is holding up the trophy in early November is ultimately who deserves it. But I want to see them clinch it in front of a packed house and get the full championship experience they didn’t get to fully enjoy in 2020 followed by a parade.

And I was at the game 6 clincher in 2020. It was such a cool experience. But would love to see them do it again with this core group without all the Covid restrictions in place. Would also love to see the 60 game Covid season talking point put to bed for good. I’m a Laker fan, I’m sure most of us are. During the 3 peat years I used to clown the Spurs about their 1999 half season title. They shut that noise up completely by winning titles in 03, 05, and 07 to where you view the 99-07 Spurs as a dynasty with no mention to 99 being s shortened season.

But expectations should be World Series or bust and that’s a good thing to me. It says the organization is committed to winning and is constantly making efforts to improve the team and put out a quality product capable of competing. This isn’t the Frank McCourt days where making a NLCS appearance, getting spanked by the Phillies and doing nothing to build off it was considered a huge accomplishment.

Those days are long gone. Expectations have gone up under the current ownership group and understandably so.

Last edited:
Started a new job so haven’t been able to keep up with the thread this past week. Let’s enjoy some baseball this weekend and get ready for our run. It’s gonna end in heartbreak or extreme joy. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom