Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to look closely at the stats. Has Mookie really caught Acuna?
Surpassed tbh..Doesn’t have the national narrative yet because the Braves have been so dominant, but Mook and/or Freddie has all of September to build a case.

Can you even blame this on the training staff or is this just bad luck. 3rd arm that needs TJ within the past year.

How would it be the training staff?
Tampa Bay and LA have had arm issues in recent seasons, so I’m not sure if there’s a correlation there but the common denominator is obvious. While Friedman has been gone for a while, a lot of the same philosophies remain there.

One thing with the Dodgers though is how they’ve always followed a plan, I remember Doc taking out Stripling despite him being close to a no-hitter and similar situation with other guys.

How would it be the training staff?
I don’t know the answer to this question, but based purely on the sheer number of our pitchers who have been injured to the point of needing surgery over the last couple years, it’s hard to not at least entertain the thought that there’s some systemic problem contributing to the lack of pitching staff health.

I don’t know the answer to this question, but based purely on the sheer number of our pitchers who have been injured to the point of needing surgery over the last couple years, it’s hard to not at least entertain the thought that there’s some systemic problem contributing to the lack of pitching staff health.
I'm guessing it's all just a result of modern baseball and isn't specific to any team or system. These guys are limited on pitches since Little League, and I'm guessing that by the time they get to the majors now none of them have anywhere close to the number of innings under their belt that would have allowed their arms to be at the level of a guy even up til the 1990s & 2000s. On top of that, with the current emphasis on "spin rate" they're putting way more torque from their wrists into their elbows to get the whip on the ball that they want.

They also know that they can abuse the **** outta their arms and have TJ surgery because it's just a "minor" hurdle during the course of their careers now, and not an invitation to retirement like it used to be. Hell, as long as it's not your contract year you come back 12-16 mos. later as if nothing ever happened and you still got paid on your contract while you were sitting out and rehabbing. The teams are insured on your arm anyway, so they're not even losing that money anyway.

Yeah I'm not putting it on our staff when our staff isn't like the Angeles staff.

If guys don't feel right we sit them.

I think this is just bad luck and with zero evidence to put in on the training staff, it sounds stupid to put it on them....imo.

another night at the revine
20230829_201414.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom