Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
:stoneface:

Just sucks that Walker is done for the year because May becoming the closer would be easy.

It was a bit of a rub with Kenley and Urias because Kenley had been the closer so long.

This one is obvious and nobody cares about Kimbrel.

But do we being may back as a starter or closer...

Just sucks that Walker is done for the year because May becoming the closer would be easy.

It was a bit of a rub with Kenley and Urias because Kenley had been the closer so long.

This one is obvious and nobody cares about Kimbrel.

But do we being may back as a starter or closer...
This might be a dumb question, but couldn’t May do both roles, depending on situation and match-ups? Especially in the playoffs?

This might be a dumb question, but couldn’t May do both roles, depending on situation and match-ups? Especially in the playoffs?
It’s not easy.

Some pitchers are wired/mentally prepared for either/or. As a closer you’re coming in throwing all gas no brakes because you know you’re only gonna throw 10-15 pitches max. As a starter, it’s a marathon and you have to pace yourself and not blow your load.

Playoffs always seem to come down to 1-2 runs. Starters can barely get into the 5th then it becomes a bullpen game.

Things have changed this year where there’s less rest and I believe game 4-5 of the DS and last couple games of CS they’re back to back games. So technically you can play tonight then fly to New York and play tomorrow

Yeah I think this season teams need to be prepped to have that 4th starter, deep pens are more important than ever with the quick turnaround too. I'm concerned but I'm reminded other teams have to face this Dodgers lineup too, which is a damn nightmare. Overall, the Mets may be the only team I see giving the Dodgers a tough time because that 1-2 of deGrom/Scherzer is crazy, their pen is decent and Diaz is electric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom