Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Positionless basketball is kinda like a car with keyless ignition. Sure it sounds cool but you still need the damn key

explain the analogy? i have keyless ignition. and my last couple vehicles have had it. I havent used a key in years. You dont need a key. You dont need a position.

explain the analogy? i have keyless ignition. and my last couple vehicles have had it. I havent used a key in years. You dont need a key. You dont need a position.
Well the "keyless" ignition still needs a "key" (figurative meaning) to start. Sure it isn't a physical key in the traditional sense, but you still need an item that starts the vehicle.

PositionLESS basketball is based on position-based basketball. Sure we can pretend that the positions aren't there (anymore) but they will always be in the back of our minds whether we are looking at defensive matchups or play-style based roles (Offensive Ball Handler, Mid-Range Rebounder, Paint Protector, etc)e PG/SG/SF/PF/C but we are still calling them SOMETHING (Ie: Positions/Roles)

Sure we can stop calling them PG/SG/SF/PF/C but they still serve as ROLES (Which can still be viewed as POSITIONS)

Not sure if that is what HE meant but that is what I think of when I hear "positionless basketball."

i mean you need a keyfob sure. that can stay in the pocket the entire duration though.

unicorns change the way the roster needs to be set up. guys like bron and kd and giannis can play so many different positions, it pushes the limits of whom you really need on the floor and when.

i mean you need a keyfob sure. that can stay in the pocket the entire duration though.

unicorns change the way the roster needs to be set up. guys like bron and kd and giannis can play so many different positions, it pushes the limits of whom you really need on the floor and when.
It isn't about where the keyfob stays WHILE driving, the point is the key serves as a point of igniting the vehicle.

Whether a physical key is used or a button is pressed, the ignition process has to take place. Hence, a "key" (figurative) is always needed (to START the vehicle).

Sure, plenty of people can play many POSITIONS, that is not to be argued. But if positions don't exist, or if we want to PRETEND they will cease to exist, how are we then also saying that "So and So can play multiple positions."

What I WILL agree with is the lines that once distinguished one position from the next have been blurred, but we can't say positionless basketball no longer exists

At times the “positionless basketball” gets a bit overstated, just like the “switching defenses is what a successful defense looks like”

I get the source of both takes though, but sometimes it becomes a black and white thing when there’s nuance
My point is there will ALWAYS be positions. Even if we eliminate PG - C; there are still positions (roles).

Well the "keyless" ignition still needs a "key" (figurative meaning) to start. Sure it isn't a physical key in the traditional sense, but you still need an item that starts the vehicle.

PositionLESS basketball is based on position-based basketball. Sure we can pretend that the positions aren't there (anymore) but they will always be in the back of our minds whether we are looking at defensive matchups or play-style based roles (Offensive Ball Handler, Mid-Range Rebounder, Paint Protector, etc)e PG/SG/SF/PF/C but we are still calling them SOMETHING (Ie: Positions/Roles)

Sure we can stop calling them PG/SG/SF/PF/C but they still serve as ROLES (Which can still be viewed as POSITIONS)

Not sure if that is what HE meant but that is what I think of when I hear "positionless basketball."

giphy.gif

dhMeAzK.gif

It's like when Brad Stevens said something like 'I don't have positions, just guards wings and bigs'. Like..those are still positions doofus

I’m just gonna keep coming in here and posting about stuff not about basketball.

I’ve been on bed rest all day and man my wife and kids is hilarious. Damon Wayans is a comedic genius. Franklin is low key one of the funniest children on TV. :pimp:

I’m just gonna keep coming in here and posting about stuff not about basketball.

I’ve been on bed rest all day and man my wife and kids is hilarious. Damon Wayans is a comedic genius. Franklin is low key one of the funniest children on TV. :pimp:
PreMeditated trolling

@Methodikal Management

Take him to jail

Lock Him up

Throw away the key

DC Folks

September 20, 2018 | Vol. 4, Issue 38 Letter from the Mayor
Dear Washingtonians,

This Saturday, join me as we cut the ribbon on the brand new Entertainment and Sports Arena in Congress Heights.

With this ribbon-cutting, we celebrate not just the opening of a state-of-the-art sports and entertainment facility, but the promise and opportunity that this project brings to the St. Elizabeths East campus. The Entertainment and Sports Arena is the home our Mystics deserve. But this project is even bigger than basketball. The ESA is about jobs, opportunity, and community; it’s about ensuring that every neighborhood, in every corner of our city has world-class housing and amenities.

With Mystics and Capital City Go-Go games and special events like the recently announced Mary J. Blige and Cage the Elephant concerts, the ESA will attract hundreds of thousands of new visitors to Congress Heights each year. Over the next 20 years, the arena will bring in $90 million in new tax revenues - revenues we can use to fund critical programs for Washingtonians. In an area where we are already focused on building more high quality, affordable housing, the new arena will attract retail and drive investment - creating new jobs and opportunities for nearby residents and small businesses.

Coming into office, my team and I committed to moving this project forward and working with residents to design an arena with programming that matches the needs and interests of our community. On Saturday, we celebrate all that we have accomplished together and the opportunities the Entertainment and Sports Arena will bring to our city.

Sincerely,

How long you out for playa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom