Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I like it, the fans/media like it and it adds drama (and brings additional attention) to the league, I can see NBA owners wanting to curb all of this "players forcing their way out" business.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next CBA has some type of provision to guard against this.

It's also interesting to that so many players are willing to walk away from big money to team up and try to win. Kawhi, PG, Kyrie all cost themselves tens of millions by switching teams. Maybe these star players make so much money now that they prioritize happiness and winning over an addition $30-$50 million (which is nuts to me). Maybe the endorsement/shoe money available in bigger markets negates the loss in contract money. I don't know but its an interesting development

Last edited:
Who'd want to go back to a bunch of teammates who weren't supportive of you :lol:

Tony talmbout my injury was way worse and I'm already back :lol: :smh:

Nick Young calling for the legalization of cocaine :rofl:

Swaggy is onto something :nerd:

I'm a big Lebron fan, definitely my favorite non-Lakers player, but I have to criticize him for the way he leaves teams hanging. Management can't effectively build teams about you if you don't communicate your intentions/ideas/timeline AT ALL.

Lebron can't simultaneously say "my GM is incompetent and can't build a good team around me" and also not communicate with the GM at all. All the best stars work with their management to recruit other players, talk about the direction of the team going forward, etc. Lebron needs to realize that his "zero contact until whenever I'm ready approach", hurts the team he's playing for and ultimately hurts him and his legacy because his team is in the dark about their best players intentions and they can't make decisions with all the information. If they knew Lebron were staying, that #8 pick would've been traded months ago, if they knew Lebron were staying they'd probably have Paul George right now.

You need to read between the lines. LeBron obviously doesn't care much about that #8 picks, because it lost Kyrie in the process.

He's also not going to give Dan Gilbert any courtesy at all, because he doesn't owe it to him. If Lebron was going to stay in Cleveland, they would've known already. We've seen this movie twice. First with Cleveland and then again in Miami. He's kept the team in the dark only to be impending a departure once free agency began. It's catalytic concerning his best interest. He wants to be in the best situation possible. If he tells everyone his plan, it creates a domino effect, and prevents certain pieces to fall. It's actually the smart move when you negotiate.

I'll paint a scenario for you, and maybe you could understand a little better:

LeBron states he's going to LA and sign the max. After which, you think the Spurs would want to trade him to LA? Obviously this creates a disinterest for OKC and peaks PG13 to leave to go to LA even quicker.

LA now has PG13 and Lebron, and the asking price for Kawhi has gone up. Or SAS won't even consider sending him to LA at that point. You need to strike when the iron is hot.

Although I like it, the fans like it and it adds drama to the league, I can see NBA owners wanting to curb all of this "players forcing their way out" business.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next CBA has some type of provision to guard against this.

It's also interesting to me that so many players are willing to walk away from big money to team up and try to win.

I love it. Lebron has turned the NBA into a year round story, used to just be the NFL. Before he went to Miami the NBA was dead all summer most years. People wouldn't even start really paying attention til like January.

Although I like it, the fans like it and it adds drama to the league, I can see NBA owners wanting to curb all of this "players forcing their way out" business.

It's also interesting to me that so many players are willing to walk away from big money to team up and try to win.

This is America man. The incentive to stay and get paid is an attractive one, and most cases the players will always take the money. Only a select handful would opt to take less and try to win.

You force players to stay with a team and there's going to be harsh criticism. An individual has every right in choosing where he'd like to work, should the employer afford that opportunity.

Magic may not be offering anything real for Kawhi. They did that with PG and it worked. It’s possible the Spurs don’t even have a good deal to pass on.

As for the wait vs go all in. There are exceptions to the rule. Normally I'm of the wait argument but top 3 players in their primes just don't become available like this often. Although it seems that way with Bron, KD and Kawhi in consecutive seasons being that way. I think either one of BI or Kuz can and will become all stars in this league, maybe both. But the likelihood of them becoming MVP level talents are slim. There's 3 players I would roll the dice just cause of how good they are now and their ages, that's AD, Giannis, and Kawhi. If you actually have the opportunity to get one of these guys you gotta do it.

Well said. But I'm a Laker fan so I want my cake and to eat it too.

uncle dennis probably going to be hired as magic's assistant. dude is going to finesse his way into getting kawhi and him paid

Well said. But I'm a Laker fan so I want my cake and to eat it too.

If we never signed Mosgov and Deng we could have. We'd have extra assets or at least 1 in Ratsull that would probably allow us to keep one of BI or Kuz. But alas.

Always had the sad face

02EC5735-4AB2-457F-B6BB-991AB39EABA9.jpeg

:nerd:

Hell nah on trading BI or Kuz for somebody that's a FA next year.

I agree that the price for Kawhi just went down. A week ago I was ready to give up BI/Hart/Kuzma and a 1st for Kawhi, now I'm not giving anywhere near that much and neither is any other team.

The potential issue is that if we sign Lebron and Paul George to max contracts this offseason, we won't have enough money to sign Kawhi next offseason. We would need to either pass on either Lebron or PG or trade for Kawhi to match salaries.

Keep in mind Kawhi said he wants to play in LA, and prefers the Lakers, but will play for the Clippers.

Without knowing who you are or anything else about you, I can 100% guarantee you're a laker fan with a post like this.

Are you rooting for the Lakers to win or lose this season?
So are you guys gonna be putting up a selfie fo kawhi.

It'd be funny is Kawhi has an upbeat personality in LA. Maybe he was so stoic and sad looking because he hates San Antonio that much :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom