Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing Ariza and Luc hurts BAD for a team that was already a liability on D.
Houston was a liability on D last year?
giphy.webp

These were the odds literally yesterday. Somebody must have just bet some big money once they heard a Derozan for Kawhi rumor.

I feel like going to Toronto would be the absolute last thing Kawhi or his uncle would want to happen.

This was the same place that had Lebron to LA as a virtual lock so Im guessing someone has a good clue of what is going down.

No one is worried about Lebron roaming is fake news. If we're gonna joke about any team not being worried about the greatest player of the modern era, thats fine, but I think you were being serious. Lol, chill...

But Harden's win shares aren't quite that high, or at a minimum, they won't continue to be.

How many seasons will this be of him playing super heavy minutes AND STILL avoiding major injury?

He's had a remarkable run. But for some who handles the ball as much as he does, takes as much contact as he does and frequents the strip club as much as he does when he could be sleeping in a hyberbaric chamber or something more productive... I hate to say it but I'd be surprised if he went through the 2018-19 campaign avoiding all leg injuries. But that's just me. I don't wish injury on anybody but Harden is getting run into the ground in the same way that Dantoni ran Kobe into the ground in 2013.

I’m not a fortune teller but he’s been resting on defense for years. He’s not a high flyer and isn’t playing overly fast. His old man game is built for the long run

And no one is worried about lebron roaming. Game 3 and 4 of the finals last year GSW was putting him in PNR knowing he wasn’t going to make an effort. He’s a great talent but you’re asking a lot for him to turn back into Miami lebron. This Javale and Bell dunks were because lebron was watching

I'm aware of the numbers... but did you miss their playoff collapse?

Them boys were gassed in April and May.

Remove Ariza and Mbahmoute and what are you left with?
Their playoff collapse came behind them losing Chris Paul to injury coupled with the team going absolute-zero cold on offense.
Obviously their defense wont be as good with Ariza and Luc gone but it's demonstrably false to claim that the team already had defensive issues with them there.

Houston will be fine once Capela reups. I know y'all didn't forget that CP3/Harden/Capela are like 50-2 when they start together.

Feel like folks are overrating Ariza. He was good, don't get me wrong but they lost Ariza not Kawhi ****ing Leonard or some ****. The only aspect that sucks is Ariza is a good 2 way player which is critical in the playoffs. MCW is a good defender but isn't a threat on offense. Melo could be an offensive threat in MDA's system but he's a huge liability on defense. By the time the playoffs come around, I think Ennis and Melton will be more critical rotation players than Melo and MCW.

CP's health is a huge question mark though. Every year you think MDA learns his lesson but then he goes to the 6/7 man rotation and his guys get burnt the **** out/injured. Can't help but feel like last year was their best shot but we'll see.

I’m not a fortune teller but he’s been resting on defense for years. He’s not a high flyer and isn’t playing overly fast. His old man game is built for the long run

And no one is worried about lebron roaming. Game 3 and 4 of the finals last year GSW was putting him in PNR knowing he wasn’t going to make an effort. He’s a great talent but you’re asking a lot for him to turn back into Miami lebron. This Javale and Bell dunks were because lebron was watching

All I can say is that while I don't think very highly of Luke Walton as a coach, he is pretty good at making sure none of his guys plays too many minutes to the point of exhaustion.

With that being the case, I suspect that we will see a more energized Lebron in 2018-19.

Houston will be fine once Capela reups. I know y'all didn't forget that CP3/Harden/Capela are like 50-2 when they start together.

Feel like folks are overrating Ariza. He was good, don't get me wrong but they lost Ariza not Kawhi ****ing Leonard or some ****. The only aspect that sucks is Ariza is a good 2 way player which is critical in the playoffs. MCW is a good defender but isn't a threat on offense. Melo could be an offensive threat in MDA's system but he's a huge liability on defense. By the time the playoffs come around, I think Ennis and Melton will be more critical rotation players than Melo and MCW.

CP's health is a huge question mark though. Every year you think MDA learns his lesson but then he goes to the 6/7 man rotation and his guys get burnt the **** out/injured. Can't help but feel like last year was their best shot but we'll see.

So glad you put your shirt back on

This was the same place that had Lebron to LA as a virtual lock so Im guessing someone has a good clue of what is going down.

Every single book had the Lakers as the favorite to sign LeBron.

These books just change their odds for things like this based on the betting activity. The Raptors had real low odds and then a Kawhi for Derozan proposal floated around online so I’m sure a bunch of people threw some money down on them. The Sixers were at somewhat low odds at first then people threw a ton of money on them and they changed their odds to -250.

Their playoff collapse came behind them losing Chris Paul to injury coupled with the team going absolute-zero cold on offense.
Obviously their defense wont be as good with Ariza and Luc gone but it's demonstrably false to claim that the team already had defensive issues with them there.

Yes the Paul injury hurt.

But you didn't see Harden with his hands LITERALLY on his knees during offensive possessions in the 3rd and 4th qtrs of critical WCF games? Their playoff collapse didn't come behind any of that? Harden being absent was a complete non-factor?

I must have been hallucinating. My bad.

The defensive issues will be magnified when you're trotting out Michael Carter williams, Harden and Ryan Anderson.

Eric Gordon isn't a defensive savant either.

That's a big load to put on PJ tucker and Capela.

Remember how much everyone loved Love when he was in MIN? Dudes were saying he's top PF in the game at the time even though MIN kept losing. Pretty much how I feel about KAT. Can and will never be a #1 option on a playoff team.

Reactions: MVP
Yes the Paul injury hurt.

But you didn't see Harden with his hands LITERALLY on his knees during offensive possessions in the 3rd and 4th qtrs of critical WCF games? Their playoff collapse didn't come behind any of that? Harden being absent was a complete non-factor?

I must have been hallucinating. My bad.

The defensive issues will be magnified when you're trotting out Michael Carter williams, Harden and Ryan Anderson.

Eric Gordon isn't a defensive savant either.

That's a big load to put on PJ tucker and Capela.

I still don’t see how you have Ryan Anderson playing.

Let’s keep it a buck, LMM was trash in the playoffs due to injury. He won’t be missed in the playoffs. So you’re trying to replace Ariza. Let’s say Melton is who they think he is, he can defend on the perimeter.

Ryan Anderson isn’t playing

Rockets will probably finish with the two seed, but my god, they are going to have the worst bench in the NBA next year. Assuming starters of:

CP3
Harden
Gordon/Ennis
Tucker
Capella

Bench of Anderson, Nene, Gordon/Ennis, MCW, Chinanu Onuaku, Zhou Qi, league minimum players.

Hoof, CP3 and Tucker's old asses are going to die next year.

Every single book had the Lakers as the favorite to sign LeBron.

These books just change their odds for things like this based on the betting activity. The Raptors had real low odds and then a Kawhi for Derozan proposal floated around online so I’m sure a bunch of people threw some money down on them. The Sixers were at somewhat low odds at first then people threw a ton of money on them and they changed their odds to -250.

True, but these guys put the lebron odds at -5000 two days before he went there. That doesnt happen in sports betting. Anywhere

This college discussion I will say this. Based on my bachelors, I could have done without that. Im skilled in what I do. But to me the masters really bumps you up in what you will make. If I didnt get mine I would be stuck imo

Rockets will probably finish with the two seed, but my god, they are going to have the worst bench in the NBA next year. Assuming starters of:

CP3
Harden
Gordon/Ennis
Tucker
Capella

Bench of Anderson, Nene, Gordon/Ennis, MCW, Chinanu Onuaku, Zhou Qi, league minimum players.

Hoof, CP3 and Tucker's old asses are going to die next year.
Melo and Melton.

I still don’t see how you have Ryan Anderson playing.

Let’s keep it a buck, LMM was trash in the playoffs due to injury. He won’t be missed in the playoffs. So you’re trying to replace Ariza. Let’s say Melton is who they think he is, he can defend on the perimeter.

Ryan Anderson isn’t playing

I don't see how he can't play.

I don't see him starting but considering his contract and the fact the injuries are unavoidable and Houston can't afford to play Paul/Harden too many minutes AND Capela still hasn't proven that he's a guy that can give you 30 mpg over 82 games... Anderson is going to be out there. And he's going to stink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom