Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
do those guys have 3 years left on their contracts? Or am i mistating he has 3 years left? Thats huge when factoring in what they can get. Hell, look at the crap the Lakers are supossedly needing to include to get a guy who only has one year left.

You're gunna alienate your entire fan base by trading Unibrow with 3 years on his deal.

Seriously you wouldn't be able to walk around New Orleans anymore.

Once again, there is no return that is worth it for New Orleans.

The Lakers are going to give up the house to get those guys and still won’t make it out of the West.

If Magic was smart which I doubt he’d try to sign PG13 and keep letting that young talent grow.

3-4 years from now when GSW window is closing they’d have a team that could compete into the future. I don’t think that GSW team is invincible now, but the Lakers are not beating them by basically gutting their roster and adding Lebron and one other all star guy.

I hate. HATE. the mentality of "wait until 2021 or 2022 when the Warriors are washed and then make your move". I'm not a fan of playing scared. By that time, there will be another super team that teams are trying to duck for years. "bruh, wait until 2028 when XYZ other team is washed, then y'all will be straight".

You field the best team you can and you try and win. This waiting teams out business is for the birds. There will always be good teams out there, don't play scared.

You're gunna alienate your entire fan base by trading Unibrow with 3 years on his deal.

Seriously you wouldn't be able to walk around New Orleans anymore.

Once again, there is no return that is worth it for New Orleans.
I see that point.

My point was I think the NOP put themselves in a bad spot when they gave Jrue all that money and then may now add to that and completely handcuff themselves with an Otto contract. But, the point is, you guys just want to put out a watchable product instead of tanking. Kind of similar to how us Clippers fans feel.

Good discussion.

you play to win the game.png

I hate. HATE. the mentality of "wait until 2021 or 2022 when the Warriors are washed and then make your move". I'm not a fan of playing scared. By that time, there will be another super team that teams are trying to duck for years. "bruh, wait until 2028 when XYZ other team is washed, then y'all will be straight".

You field the best team you can and you try and win. This waiting teams out business is for the birds. There will always be good teams out there, don't play scared.

yeah, they ain't touching GSW. I can't comment on Houston without seeing what they do. I know the Lakers will be better than them if not this season, next.

NO is toast after getting Otto. Zero chance in ever winning. Zero. I'll give odds to anyone that wants to make that bet. I'll give it until AD's current deal is over.
So you just don't think they should do anything to improve their team?

Signing and trading Boogie is the only means for them to get better, and you aren't really going to get any asset better than Otto out there.

I see that point.

My point was I think the NOP put themselves in a bad spot when they gave Jrue all that money and then may now add to that and completely handcuff themselves with an Otto contract. But, the point is, you guys just want to put out a watchable product instead of tanking. Kind of similar to how us Clippers fans feel.

Good discussion.
Holiday was 1st team All-Defense and borderline All-NBA this year. He was fantastic. Paying him is not what put them in a bad spot.

Can someone enlighten me on all this Lebron Jr high school nonsense going around? Would he just be playing a year up? I’ve never seen an 8th grader on a high school squad, so what’s the big concern now for them to “save a spot” for him?? Obviously if Lebron does a max deal there for multi year, they obviously consider that down the road. But how does any of this have an impact this summer when little man won’t even be going there for another year and a half?? And even if they’ve got a waitlist, I’m sure they’d be happy to make an exception for him next summer when he would be preparing to enroll.. if Lebron can’t make up his damn mind from one year to the next, how is his son gonna commit to play HS ball a year and a half out LOL

Holiday was 1st team All-Defense and borderline All-NBA this year. He was fantastic. Paying him is not what put them in a bad spot.
I would say giving him 5/$126M put them in a bad spot. Pull the receipts. It was clowned on in here. Similar to when Conley got that stupid contract.

Borderline all-nba? Stop it man. I like you. This is crazy statement.

Mona Lisa side-eye game is powerful. Looking like the lightskin cover of pirates of the Caribbean.

I would say giving him 5/$126M put them in a bad spot. Pull the receipts. It was clowned on in here. Similar to when Conley got that stupid contract.

Borderline all-nba? Stop it man. I like you. This is crazy statement.
They had no money regardless if they paid Jrue or not...
Similarly regardless if they keep Boogie or let him go for nothing... they have no cap space. That’s why getting Otto makes sense because his skillset is more of a need than Boogies skillset.

Let’s not assume Jrue is just going to repeat last season. And that he is going to stay healthy.

When healthy, Jrue is a two-way all-star and one of the strongest PGs in the league. Injuries and unfortunate family situations were what set him back. I fully expect Jrue to repeat what he did last season.

He outplayed Dame and CJ in the playoffs and can do it again. He's not the problem.

It's the miss management of assets, no rookie contracts and overpaying role players. They tried to rush the rebuilding process and they failed miserably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom