Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was the Wizards GM, I'd see what the Lakers would be willing to give up for John Wall. Not just the Lakers, but ANY team in the West with the hopes of competing with the Warriors.

I like Wall but at 40 Million a season and multiple knee procedures

giphy.gif

I like Wall but at 40 Million a season and multiple knee procedures

giphy.gif

I hear u...but teams ready to give up the farm for Kawhi who is dealing with his own stuff as well. This isn't a Gilbert Arenas/Rashard Lewis type of deal. Wall still has crazy value. Dude was playing at like 50% last year and was still a top-10 PG in the league (top-5 when healthy.)

:lol: Tim Duncan was an elite defender his whole career. Bagley can't guard nobody.

NBA ratings and views were up 20% from last season... I wonder if they were down 50%, would Adam Silver let Super Team situations slide. As much as people hate it, theyre watching the league even more. With LBJ now on the Lakers, it's almost a guarantee ratings will go up even higher next season. That advertisement money is real.

I hear u...but teams ready to give up the farm for Kawhi who is dealing with his own stuff as well. This isn't a Gilbert Arenas/Rashard Lewis type of deal. Wall still has crazy value. Dude was playing at like 50% last year and was still a top-10 PG in the league (top-5 when healthy.)

Which past NBA champion didn't draft at least one of their stars .........................

Still don't understand why SA didn't tank after Kawhi went down.... Like that's how they got Duncan to team up with Robinson... Kawhi's future wasn't worth getting a high lotto pick to team up with him..
They really love the ghost of Manu that much..

If I was the Wizards GM, I'd see what the Lakers would be willing to give up for John Wall. Not just the Lakers, but ANY team in the West with the hopes of competing with the Warriors.

At this point, I'm fine with parting ways with John as long as its better for the team down the stretch.

But I damn sure don't want to give him up for peanuts just so another team can compete for a ring while we continue to twiddle our thumbs for the next 5-7 years

First of all Kawhi >>> Wall. Secondly, what team is ready to give up the farm for Kawhi?

This is the issue with the supermax. It helps and hurts. Small market teams use it to entice their stars to stay but it messed them up long term. Now the Wizards are hamstrung with Wall's contract for the next 5 years. Dude has negative value currently. Nobody wants to pay Wall $43m 4 seasons from now

At this point, I'm fine with parting ways with John as long as its better for the team down the stretch.

But I damn sure don't want to give him up for peanuts just so another team can compete for a ring while we continue to twiddle our thumbs for the next 5-7 years

As Macho Man would say...the Warriors are the cream of the crop. We gotta be real. There isn't a chance in hell that the Wizards (or a lot of teams) will be competing with them for a title, let alone being anything more than a 45 win team/6th seed in the East. Guys can just collect their checks at this point, because there is really no point for the Wizards due to their lack of cap flexibility/assets/etc. to make good moves right now to be competitive.

If I was GM, I'd do a mini-rebuild if possible. If the return (let's say LA, hypotetically) can net some young assets and a pick or two for Wall, why not? You gotta look ahead 3-4 seasons from now. By then, hopefully, GS's reign will be over and it will be time for the next team(s) that are up. If you have a young core, like Philly, that time in a few years could pay off.

We don't have a forward-thinking GM, so it's going to be status-quo going forward....except for signing Jeff Green and Dwight Howard :lol:

If I was Wall, I'd be in Ernie's office right now demanding a trade. This team is the pits.

First of all Kawhi >>> Wall. Secondly, what team is ready to give up the farm for Kawhi?

This is the issue with the supermax. It helps and hurts. Small market teams use it to entice their stars to stay but it messed them up long term. Now the Wizards are hamstrung with Wall's contract for the next 5 years. Dude has negative value currently. Nobody wants to pay Wall $43m 4 seasons from now

Who is comparing Kawhi to Wall?

Wall would net a good return if moved. That's all I was saying.

In addition, John Wall right now is NOT Gilbert Arenas coming off of all the knee injuries. He 100% does not have negative value. If you're going to make that claim, do the same for Kawhi. You can question his quad injury and also his heart if we wanna keep it 100.

NBA ratings and views were up 20% from last season... I wonder if they were down 50%, would Adam Silver let Super Team situations slide. As much as people hate it, theyre watching the league even more. With LBJ now on the Lakers, it's almost a guarantee ratings will go up even higher next season. That advertisement money is real.

What rule can he enact to curb superteams though? Seems like primarily sour grapes from fans who retroactively looking for ways to stop the Warriors.

Based on the Lakers current roster, which players would you take from them for Wall?

Kuzma gotta be in there or it's a no deal for me. IMO.

What rule can he enact to curb superteams though? Seems like primarily sour grapes from fans who retroactively looking for ways to stop the Warriors.

I agree, they literally can't do anything. I was just thinking out loud TBH. But I'm hooked for sure, summerlegaue is on NBA TV this whole week so it's about to be crackin. Not to mention I got tickets to see PHX vs. DAL this Friday in Vegas. Hopefully Ayton and Luka both play.

"By the middle of Monday, Cousins' people were calling teams and pitching deals: one-year, $15 million in one place, per sources, other numbers in other places. Clearly, there was not much interest. It might be that the richest deal easily and quickly available to him was that full midlevel exception contract starting at around $8.6 million.

Any team offering that -- and I'm not sure as of this writing that one did -- might have sensed its leverage and tried to coax Cousins into a two-year deal at that price. For many of them, that was the smart play. Cousins would have justifiably resisted. Others are hoarding cap space for the summer of 2019 and so would have restricted their offers to one season."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom