Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, that turned serious real quick. You always hear about these gripes between promoters and fighters, but this has the makings of a nasty split.

Oscar & GB how greedy can you be. You got Canelo making so much money for you then Ryan Garcia who is gonna eventually make em a lot of money with his fan base. Break bread, man.

It's strange because I knew a guy who worked at a media company that did a lot of filming for DLH, and he had nothing but nice things to say about him. Said he always shook everyones hands and made an effort to know their names, checked to make sure they were getting fed well, and even making sure they were being paid enough. This was quite a while ago, I want to say at least more than a decade so maybe things have changed, and I'm not in any way defending the guy. Just wanted to share a personal story with all of this information coming out.

It's strange because I knew a guy who worked at a media company that did a lot of filming for DLH, and he had nothing but nice things to say about him. Said he always shook everyones hands and made an effort to know their names, checked to make sure they were getting fed well, and even making sure they were being paid enough. This was quite a while ago, I want to say at least more than a decade so maybe things have changed, and I'm not in any way defending the guy. Just wanted to share a personal story with all of this information coming out.
That is how a lot of scam artists operate. They come off as nice at first and when you are hooked, they pull a heist.

That is how a lot of scam artists operate. They come off as nice at first and when you are hooked, they pull a heist.

Maybe, it's hard to really know a person's character unless you are in their inside circle. I have noticed he has been MIA for a while, which would make people think he's using again. I feel like I haven't even seen him at fights or promotions lately. Maybe I'm wrong on that since I've been busy, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

UAE is always in discussion when talking about big fights, i dont think they have hosted a big ppv fight before, have they? Wonder why none of the major promoters hasnt staged a fight there, them cats obviously have money.

UAE is always in discussion when talking about big fights, i dont think they have hosted a big ppv fight before, have they? Wonder why none of the major promoters hasnt staged a fight there, them cats obviously have money.
For the WBSS final in Dubai, they did not bring the ring girls out of respect for Islam. There might be other reasons that inhibit fights there.

Media members don't like the restrictions, and while that GCC money is long, they have a habit of not coming up with it when they need to. IIRC Bob's talked about how he's looked into staging fights there a couple of times but it would always fall through.

DAZN's not going to be a big fan of the time difference which is why I doubt this goes through. Are they going to want a fight of the magnitude being shown at like 2:30 EST?

He got too many baby mommas and kids to retire child support got him in his feelings plus how many times have we heard this.

No way in hell he hasn’t smoked weed yet.

I feel like that dude is gonna go out sad tho unfortunately.

Hopefully it’s trolling or him just being an emotional goofball who overshares and not CTE or some other mental issues.

Back
Top Bottom