Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I missed a lot of the fight, but even Derevyanchenko’s cornered felt they were behind towards the end. His coach said it when the commentator talked to him towards the end.

Golovkin definitely got hit more than I’d like to see. It’s a shame he got robbed in both Canelo fights. Would have been good for him to retire after beating Canelo twice. Age defeats us all.

Close fight, but I can see GGG getting the scores he got, and I won't argue a unanimous decision like that. A lot of Sergiy's punches caught GGG's gloves, which is obvious just looking at GGG's face. The Sky announcers said GGG was sick this week, and he looked it - like he got winded after Rd 3 or so. But GGG needs to ditch Banks A S A P... like yesterday. Banks was TRASH in that corner, and it's apparent he has no business as GGG's trainer whatsoever. I'm glad Gennadiy got that W, but he was lucky and it coulda absolutely gone the other way. He needs a new trainer and another tune-up where he looks like GGG of three years ago before taking on Canelo again. I actually just said to my girl he doesn't look nearly as cut as he used to - he used to look like he was chiseled from stone, today he just looked like a middleweight. I hope he turns it around, but I'm worried.

You’re a proven hater, through and through. Your words mean nothing here.
Go watch some Charlo reruns with the Jergens, bruh.
TFOOH I don’t even like Charlo so you don’t know ****.

You’re a known GGG swallower so what you say in regards to any fight he’s in doesn’t mean ****. I don’t care how many rounds you’ve boxed, if you have GGG winning this fight youre a bum.

Dude claims the Canelo fight was a gift but sees GGG winning this lmao. Dude says “got hit more than I’d like to see” like he’s your brother or some ****. The **** out of here.
Now I REALLY hope Canelo never gives dude another fight.

Unanimous for GGG lmao. DAZN were in those pockets to keep the hope of a trilogy alive.

You could even hear the announcers doing their best damage control trying to justify the ****ty cards after the fight.

Dude claims the Canelo fight was a gift but sees GGG winning this lmao. Dude says “got hit more than I’d like to see” like he’s your brother or some ****. The **** out of here.
Now I REALLY hope Canelo never gives dude another fight.

We get it, you're #TeamCanelo. You've been riding Ginger's nuts for years here. I'm sorry GGG won, it obviously burns your toast. And you're right that your boy will probably continue to duck GGG 'til he's 43. By then he probably will have had a chance to conveniently stock up on some "Mexican beef," too.

We get it, you're #TeamCanelo. You've been riding Ginger's nuts for years here. I'm sorry GGG won, it obviously burns your toast. And you're right that your boy will probably continue to duck GGG 'til he's 43. By then he probably will have had a chance to conveniently stock up on some "Mexican beef," too.

Read the nonsense you're typing, you make no sense.

You're still playing the "duck GGG" card? After he fought the "boogeyman" twice and the "boogeyman" couldn't stop him the way everybody said he would?

You know why I respect Canelo? Because he fights people the fans want him to fight. People said he wouldn't fight Trout, he did. Lara, he did. Mayweather, he did. GGG, he did, twice. Jacobs, he did. During that time, he also jumps up a weight class fights at 168 and comes up on a belt. Now he's jumping up two weight classes to light heavyweight to fight the best man in the division. Regardless of what you think about him as a person, you have to truly be a hater to hate on him as a boxer. Dude is already way more accomplished than GGG ever will be.

GGG has spent his career fighting tomato cans waiting for big paychecks, while also calling up fighters from lower weight classes. Don't forget when people claimed Canelo was ducking GGG he wasn't even fighting at 160. Ward at the same time was calling out GGG, but GGG was busy calling out Canelo, Mayweather, and fighting Brook, Dude could have easily gone up to fight Ward but didn't. Certified duck status.

This fight had close rounds, but the ones SD won were pretty clear. There is no way GGG won that fight. GGG knew it, the announcers knew it, the booing fans knew it.

If anything, Saul will give him another because Gennady looks a lot more beatable now.

There are rumors about Ward coming back if Canelo can get past Kovalev. If Canelo loses to Kovalev, and comes back down to 160 like he said he would, I'd like to see him fight Derevyachenko to spite GGG, then Andrade or Charlo.

Read the nonsense you're typing, you make no sense.

You're still playing the "duck GGG" card? After he fought the "boogeyman" twice and the "boogeyman" couldn't stop him the way everybody said he would?

You know why I respect Canelo? Because he fights people the fans want him to fight. People said he wouldn't fight Trout, he did. Lara, he did. Mayweather, he did. GGG, he did, twice. Jacobs, he did. During that time, he also jumps up a weight class fights at 168 and comes up on a belt. Now he's jumping up two weight classes to light heavyweight to fight the best man in the division. Regardless of what you think about him as a person, you have to truly be a hater to hate on him as a boxer. Dude is already way more accomplished than GGG ever will be.

GGG has spent his career fighting tomato cans waiting for big paychecks, while also calling up fighters from lower weight classes. Don't forget when people claimed Canelo was ducking GGG he wasn't even fighting at 160. Ward at the same time was calling out GGG, but GGG was busy calling out Canelo, Mayweather, and fighting Brook, Dude could have easily gone up to fight Ward but didn't. Certified duck status.

This fight had close rounds, but the ones SD won were pretty clear. There is no way GGG won that fight. GGG knew it, the announcers knew it, the booing fans knew it.

Everyone and their mother were ducking GGG for years, while Canelo was bopping around into make-believe weight classes to cherrypick opponents in his Caneloweight divisions until he thought he'd have a chance against GGG. And even then he had to juice, and he barely "won" just one of those two fights. Canelo's a good fighter, and I respect his ability, but I don't respect how he's managed his career, although I do understand it as it's made him a ****ton of $$$ and allowed him to control his own destiny. I respect GGG as a fighter more, however, and I think he unfortunately screwed himself over simply by being as dominant as he was for so long. All the big $$$ ducked him. I know I would've, too, if I was in his weight class. Dude was damn near killing people for years.

There are rumors about Ward coming back if Canelo can get past Kovalev. If Canelo loses to Kovalev, and comes back down to 160 like he said he would, I'd like to see him fight Derevyachenko to spite GGG, then Andrade or Charlo.

Ward himself shut those rumors down, clown.

Everyone and their mother were ducking GGG for years, while Canelo was bopping around into make-believe weight classes to cherrypick opponents in his Caneloweight divisions until he thought he'd have a chance against GGG. And even then he had to juice, and he barely "won" just one of those two fights. Canelo's a good fighter, and I respect his ability, but I don't respect how he's managed his career, although I do understand it as it's made him a ****ton of $$$ and allowed him to control his own destiny. I respect GGG as a fighter more, however, and I think he unfortunately screwed himself over simply by being as dominant as he was for so long. All the big $$$ ducked him. I know I would've, too, if I was in his weight class. Dude was damn near killing people for years.

Canelo weight? Blame the fighters he fought for accepting the terms. It is what it is, It's what A-sides do. Mayweather and Pacquiao did the same **** for years and theyre both two of the greatest if not the greatest of all time. Pacquiao is considered the catweight king, and Pac was also suspected of using PEDS for years with his needle "phobia".

Ward called him out, that was his chance to make history. Using your own logic about Canelo, GGG ducked him.

Canelo weight? Blame the fighters he fought for accepting the terms. It is what it is, It's what A-sides do. Mayweather and Pacquiao did the same **** for years and theyre both two of the greatest if not the greatest of all time. Pacquiao is considered the catweight king, and Pac was also suspected of using PEDS for years with his needle "phobia".

Ward called him out, that was his chance to make history. Using your own logic about Canelo, GGG ducked him.

Ward did call GGG out after he had a fight locked in making it impossible. It’s fine to not like a fighter, but you got a blind hate for Golovkin.

Ward did call GGG out after he had a fight locked in making it impossible. It’s fine to not like a fighter, but you got a blind hate for Golovkin.
Nah, it's not even about him that much. It's bringing his fanbase down to earth after putting him on a pedestal.

And which one is it? Did he or did he not call him out? Quit tap dancing for your boy "Little G".

Ahh, yes, you lose an argument, you get exposed for your nonsense so you resort to insults. Like I said earlier TFOOH. You've taken too many to your headgear champ.

Back
Top Bottom