Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So am I missing something why people have Garcia beating Spence this weekend?

I just don’t see it at all

I’m 50/50 . Garcia has a forever motor so I always give them the chance. Spence has the power but if Garcia keeps moving it won’t matter. Gonna be good

Garcia imo is the better technician. But Spence is too big and strong for Garcia to fend off. Mikeys gonna find out why weight classes exist.

Mikey has no chance on Saturday. We haven't even seen the best of errol yet and he will dominate from the opening bell.

I've seen some people talk themselves into it being a competitive fight, but I haven't really seen anyone pick Mikey to actually win yet.

Mikey won't make it past the sixth. This is GGG-Brook all over again.

I watched a video on YouTube last night where 1 out of 20 said Garcia was gonna win

I think both may be top 5 pound for pound but the size difference is going to be too much of a factor

and Spence is on the bigger side for a welterweight to boot

Bra anyone taking Mikey is delusional. Spence just matches up really well with his size and in ring technician Im not sure I can even give mikey the edge . When he couldn't even get AB outta there, mind you AB wasnt doing anything but if your struggling to hurt a small welterweight not sure what you expect from the biggest WW currently. Meanwhile Spence is having Lamont Peterson throw in the towel.

Mikey aint seen size or reach like what he is gonna see. He will take his L and go back down or go for low hanging fruit in Porter who is well behind Keith and Thurman.

I still feel Crawford and Mikey shouldve fought before this tho. Feel like it wouldve been great for both careers moreso then the fight this weekend

And give me Errol vs Canelo lets just make it happen at a catchweight

Garcia and AB was more competitive than Pac and AB

he didn't look to bad when he let his hands go against Garcia ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Garcia and AB was more competitive than Pac and AB

he didn't look to bad when he let his hands go against Garcia ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bra lets be real anyone on or near AB's level are gonna kill him on the cards. Never has AB let his hands go, this man literally throws pot shots and thats it.

Broner and combination never belong in the same sentence

Join dates are hilarious right here

I wanted to say DeLaHoya-Bhop again.

I was also thinking Jones Jr-Trinidad.

Spence just gonna use that distance all night, while frustrating Garcia who will try tirelessly to get inside. I don't think Garcia has great enough footwork nor the speed to be able to penetrate Errol's reach advantage.

Errols greatest asset is his body punching, as soon as the bell rings he should be going downhill and trying to get Mikey out of there ASAP. Mikey's going to want the fight in the mid range to counter, there's 0 reason for Eroll to try to box.

Bra lets be real anyone on or near AB's level are gonna kill him on the cards. Never has AB let his hands go, this man literally throws pot shots and thats it.

Broner and combination never belong in the same sentence

Join dates are hilarious right here
I don’t check join dates but I just did here :lol:

Spence should feel insulted that Garcia had the nerve to call him out. I can't believe this fight is really happening. Man Down!

Calling Spence out was so nonsensical that you almost start wondering if this guy Mikey really has a plan that could work. Because if cashing out was the idea there were better options.

But I'm pretty sure he's getting his *** whipped severely on Saturday. Wish he woulda just tried to make the Loma fight instead

Always felt this was the safe bet for Mikey, a dumb move in the sense that Errol could really hurt him, but financially it was his best bet.

Let’s be honest Mikey ain’t want it Loma, that’s why he’s fighting Spence.
I thought Linares would’ve gave him that work also, but Robert and fam definitely know how to pick his opponents.

At the end of the day win, lose or draw, he still has one more PPV left in him against Loma if he loses to Spence, but he wasn’t getting no Spence PPV if he had already lost to Hi-Tech.

I can't believe the majority of folks aren't giving Garcia a chance at all lol. Honestly, I'm picking Mikey for the upset. Spence' toughest matchup has been Brook but let's be honest, Golovkin softened the eye up big time. Garcia is a tough guy who has great technical skills. I see him giving Spence problems on the inside. If Errol can't keep Mikey at bay, it may be a long night for him. Just my two cents.

I can't believe the majority of folks aren't giving Garcia a chance at all lol. Honestly, I'm picking Mikey for the upset. Spence' toughest matchup has been Brook but let's be honest, Golovkin softened the eye up big time. Garcia is a tough guy who has great technical skills. I see him giving Spence problems on the inside. If Errol can't keep Mikey at bay, it may be a long night for him. Just my two cents.

What quality fighters has mikey fought in 39 pro fights?

I don’t check join dates but I just did here :lol:

I just happened to notice lol what are the odds, nice to meet ya man. 10 years approaching quick.

If you believe it put money up :lol::lol: jk.

He has yet to be in the ring with a guy to give him any real resistance. Spence is a great fighter both inside and outside, and lets not act like Brook wasnt getting dominated that fight. That towel was gonna get thrown regardless, if anything that fight should have shown you the tactician spence was and is.

I can honestly see Spence moving up to fight Canelo if the bag is big enough, but the good thing is he will be going on a quest to clean out the division. Bud Crawford has a much better shot then Mikey to beat Errol in my honest opinion.

A fight I'd like to see but probably wont get is Lamont Peterson vs Mikey

What quality fighters has mikey fought in 39 pro fights?

THIS, not too mention he is fighting a legit ww, not AB who still aint found a home in this weight class

Also i retract my Gervonta statement, about not fighting anyone the boy is 24 plenty of time

Brook wasn't his best when he fought Spence. However, seeing how far Shawn Porter has come along proves how great Brook was to have the most clear victory over Porter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom