Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Teofimo Lopez and Jaron Ennis are the best two prospects in boxing imo
Some names I'm keeping an eye out for: Philly's Darmani Rock, Daniel Dubois (went pro instead of participating in 2020 Olympics), Shakur Stevenson from Newark (been a knucklehead recently), Devin Haney, Willy Hutch (who joined Frank Warren recently), southpaw Jamontay Clark (but he hit some bumps against DR's Jeison Rosario last summer).

Khan would never at any point given Floyd a run for his money. Stop it

At no point. This man had Chris Algieri walking him down for a couple rounds :lol:.

Khan is what he is, a flawed fighter with amazing handspeed, but that combination is what made him so fun to watch back in his prime. After seeing his last fight I don't know if he has much left but maybe he makes the Crawford fight interesting. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
No one else caught the peterson lipinets card? Pretty good scrap.. toe to to action the entire fight. Never was a huge fan of lamont but it kinda sucks to see him hanging em up in this fashion.

Kudos to lipinets.. did what he had to do and put on a great show. Reminds me provo in a way.

Kubrat and his team need to blame that on him still being buzzed and the blood loss from the cut. Not a good look.

Surprised there's no backlash from that interview, but then again the reality is she's not backed by a corporate institution.

Boxers are the only athletes left that don't have to be PC, they're independent contractors that don't have corporate partnerships usually besides AJ where he actually has endorsements with like Beats, Audemars, Under Armour, Jaguar, etc.

Watch some boxer try that on Michelle Joy Phelps :lol:

Better yet, David Benavidez should plant one on Jordan Hardy to set up some WWE ****.

Last edited:
Just a random thought,

I love Hurd but I hope people don’t think this next defense is gonna some cake walk. J Rock is a good fighter, man. People seem to hold that Charlo loss against him, however I thought he held up well...he just got caught with a great shot that took him out.

Yeah J-Rock was fighting a great fight against Jermall before he got caught. It's gonna be interesting. Hurd is probably gonna eat alot of counters and he's gonna be swinging and missing early. He barely pulled out that win against Lara with that late knockdown.

I think at the end of the day Hurd is gonna do his usual thing and walk J-Rock down, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if Williams outboxes him and gets a decision.

Might be bull**** but Bud doesn't really have any high profile fights available on Top Rank after Khan.

I hope they make it, after that Mikey fight I'm really thinking Bud got a good chance here. Maybe Arum and them feel the same way.

great match up...both my favorite fighters right now and unfortunately one would have to take the L if the fight were to actually happen... i wont believe until its official especially with shady arum.. as far as the fight im a go with spence.. hes a bigger figher and throws big punches... but crawford is the more skilled fighter with longer reach... if he uses that to his advantage and can defend well against spence punches he has a shot at winning... both are not really good at defense and errol throws big punches but crawford throws the better combinations... it can go either way really... great fight but to be honest id prefer spence vs thurman

It should be made next. Some fights took too long to marinate and got spoiled like Gamboa vs JuanMa Lopez and maybe Hurd vs Charlo, to some degree. Crawford is turning 32 in a few months. Spence's name is buzzing. The timing is perfect.

32 is not old at all since Crawford doesn't rely on reflexes/fast twitch like a Prince Naseem or Roy Jones did. 32 is definitely prime for Crawford

It should be made next. Some fights took too long to marinate and got spoiled like Gamboa vs JuanMa Lopez and maybe Hurd vs Charlo, to some degree. Crawford is turning 32 in a few months. Spence's name is buzzing. The timing is perfect.

32 is not old at all since Crawford doesn't rely on reflexes/fast twitch like a Prince Naseem or Roy Jones did. 32 is definitely prime for Crawford
The other side of 30 is not kind, no matter the fighter's style. The fight is ripe for the picking now, they shouldn't wait another year.

Y'all just saw what happened with Deontay right? Al ain't going to let Spence fight on ESPN :lol:

In an ideal world ESPN and PBC could come to some agreement with one network getting Bud-Spence and the other getting Mikey-Loma but with Les Moonves getting #MeToo'd that pipedream is even more unrealistic now.

Back
Top Bottom