Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8F9AFBA5-C4BB-484D-8745-D0E4995F83CB.jpeg
that would be a slaughterfest

When pac listed all the fighters he beat and Keith sat back like “well damn” that was priceless :lol:

Pac all day everyday till he quit

One time may get knocked out

He will if the Thurman that showed up against Josesito is in the ring.

I don't think he's that washed but I'm not expecting the light to turn on and for him to be the guy that beat DSG either. I got Manny by UD, there's a reason why him and his team jumped at the chance of this fight.

Knowing khan has a glass chin, does dib have a chance? Never heard of the guy

Last edited:
Multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that the Mexican superstar never wants to fight Golovkin a third time. That could cause trouble among Alvarez, De La Hoya and Skipper because DAZN didn’t agree to pay Alvarez all that money for him to turn down the fights Skipper expects will help keep their business model sustainable.

Alvarez’s reluctance obviously has nothing to do with fearing Golovkin.

The younger, fresher fighter has already gone 24 rounds with Golovkin and won their 12-round rematch by majority decision. In that second bout, Alvarez more often than not was the one backing up Golovkin, who had ruthlessly taunted Alvarez for “running” in their first fight a year earlier.

Alvarez’s disinterest in this third fight has much more to do with his disdain for Golovkin, who repeatedly angered Alvarez before their rematch by calling him a “cheater” because Alvarez tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug. Whatever you think about the scoring of their rematch, Alvarez (52-1-2, 35 KOs) is the only opponent who has beaten Golovkin (39-1-1, 35 KOs) and he knows it’ll eat at Golovkin if this third fight doesn’t happen.

If they go to cards thurman has it. He's the younger fighter, still undefeated that needs to make his history.

One time may get knocked out

I need this energy to continue to flood Vegas haha.

Keith will be fine.

Side note I had no idea Manny signed with Al Haymon

Also Canelo's management team is trash, you get a gift from the 1st fight then win the 2nd we should def get a 3rd fight. Sad part is GGG hasnt tried to move up or to get away from Canelo, still trying to tie himself to the current PPV king

Last edited:
Pac has yet to gas out in a fight or been out punched. Until then I’ll assume he’ll be fine against anyone pointwise (with legit judging that is)

Kovalev’s worth in the fight is far from where Duva would like it to be. With little time to negotiate and a lower lower than DAZN were paying Jarrell Miller for Anthony Joshua, Kovalev is facing having to move on.

“The Yarde deal is getting done. After all the talk, Golden Boy never made a serious offer. They never offered us an acceptable amount for Sergey to fight Canelo in September,” Duva exclusively told World Boxing News.

“When you consider that Danny Jacobs was paid $15 million to fight Canelo. Golovkin is reportedly promised over $25 million. And Jarrell Miller was getting something like $6.5 million to face Joshua. And Joshua is a guy who is barely known in the US – so it makes you wonder.

“As things stand, Sergey would love to fight Canelo. But Golden Boy and DAZN are going to have to get serious if they really want the fight to happen.”

WBN understands Canelo v Kovalev can still happen if Golden Boy are willing to significantly increase their first bid.

A date of late August is on the line for Kovalev’s mandatory with Yarde. Things need to be sorted out sooner, rather than later.

Canelo is being linked to facing the likes of Demetrius Andrade and Jaime Munguia if Kovalev refuses to accept the terms.

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2019/07/05/exclusive-canelo-kovalev-off-yarde/

Back
Top Bottom