Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow Loma getting $3.2 mil a fight now, that's a lot for 135 weight class

Per the California State Athletic Commission, official contract purses for Friday night’s Top Rank Boxing on ESPN+ card in Los Angeles: Vasiliy Lomachenko $1.2 million (but his guarantee is about $3.2 million), Anthony Crolla $300k; Gilberto “Zurdo” Ramirez $250k, Tommy Karpency $100k; Arnold Barboza Jr. $50k, Mike Alvarado $30k; Alexander Besputin $25k, Alfredo Blano $10k.

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer

Well that was a quick fight

What more can you expect from a feeder fight for a bigger name moving up in weight? I told my wife to look at the discrepancy in demeanor and appearance. Zurdo got lots of money backing him, Karpency doesn’t. Zurdo’s whole corner kitted out in matching gear with him, meanwhile Karpency comes out in the cheapest Everlast shorts available and a T-shirt with a corner of blue collar dudes wearing their work clothes.

My wife is Mexican and was hoping Karpency would win just because it was clear he was just brought in to lose and fluff up Zurdo’s record.

Interesting to see Loma in Venum gloves considering his cutman is still Russ Anber, the owner of Rival.

Read after the fight lomachenko said he might’ve broken his hand, not a good look for venum if that was the case.

I could’ve told him Venum would be trash. Top King are the only gloves out of Thailand that are worth anything. The rest are garbage. Especially fashion brands like Venum that popped up in the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom