Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
freakydestroyer freakydestroyer , we not lookin' great outchea with Team Porter. Shawn came in 1.8 pounds heavy on his first attempt. Had to cut part of man's braids on the second go. I'm a lil' disappointed because Shawn always talks about and hypes up the 'Porter Way.'

Worked with Barry Hunter and Lamont Peterson this camp.

2 boxing cards and UFC tonight, hopefully the fights I want to see won't overlap

I won't be watching UFC til the main event most likely, just hoping for the 2 boxing cards the main events won't overlap. I'm trying to see Ajagba vs Mansour on the undercard so will probably watch PBC card first and then see when Bivol vs Smith starts on DAZN and hoping all the boxing ends in time for me to go to UFC

Dope night of fights. Headed out to dinner but gonna be back in time for the bouts. Which specific fights you checkin' for on the UFC card?

I won't be watching UFC til the main event most likely, just hoping for the 2 boxing cards the main events won't overlap. I'm trying to see Ajagba vs Mansour on the undercard so will probably watch PBC card first and then see when Bivol vs Smith starts on DAZN and hoping all the boxing ends in time for me to go to UFC
I've got Efe knocking out Mansour within the first three rounds. Light work.

Ajagba stopped Mansour after rd 2, 10-7 rd 1 and 10-9 rd 2. I think they should give Ajagba Gerald Washington next as a good test

"Wassup EJ... does winning this Saturday solidify you as the number 2 welterweight in the world?"

- Keiff One Thyme Thurman

Last edited:
Ugas probably won R1. Counter left was there, sharp. Consciously working Shawn’s body, could pay dividends in the championship rounds if we see Porter uncharacteristically fade. Body work coupled with failed weight cut.

Shawn definitely takes R2. Landed a significant counter right early in the round. Right hook caught Ugas flush on the chin, followed by left uppercuts that didn’t get all the way through. 19-19.

R3 to Ugas. Liver shot he landed was most impactful punch of the round. Shawn not throwing as much volume as I expected.

R4 to Porter. Ugas with a nice flurry to close the round but Shawn had a sequence of double left hook, one landed, followed by stiff *** jab, body punch. 38-38.

R5 to Ugas, 48-47. Shawn really popping and fighting behind the jab. Sounds like that’s what Kenny wants when FOX PBC interviewed him. Ugas landed a looping right, then Porter came in and got caught with the counter right. Shawn throwing a lot of left hooks when in close range. Active final minute for both guys.

R6 to Porter, 57-57. Both guys are landing in their skirmishes. I feel Shawn is landing the harder shots but Ugas is a bit more accurate and attacking the body way more. When Ugas was showboating middle of the round, Porter was clipping him. Caught him with a right.

Back
Top Bottom