Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R7 to Shawn, 67-66. But not by much. Neither guy landed anything noteworthy. Porter came forward the last minute, turned up. I’m scratching my head at this strategy devised by Kenny. I think he overthought this one, fearing Shawn’s normal style would allow Ugas to counter off everything. I’m not seeing enough Porter dirty boxing along the ropes.

R9 to Porter, 86-85. Shawn won an exchange around the 2:10 mark. Popped Ugas’s head back with a straight left around 1:10.

Popped a Chimay White for championship rounds. I think my guy Shawn gotta pull this one out narrowly. But I don’t like the way he fought tonight, waiting, countering Ugas. Not coming forward, clinching, dirty boxing.

:lol:
It's like Shawn is trying to shake off the stigma of a dirty boxer.
Its missing the usual Porter lounging head first into his opponent move while trying to engage.

I got Porter by 2 rounds.

R10 to Porter, 96-94. Shawn landed a counter overhand right that he sat down on, which skimmed Ugas. Ugas not working the body like he did in R1 and others. Showboating way too much for my liking. Throw more.

R11 to Porter, 106-103. I was ready to give the round to Ugas too. He was coming forward. Had a sequence of right, followed up with left hook. But Shawn caught him with a stiff jab coming in and then overhand right to end round. Ugas was wobbly.

That was a close fight and can go either way. I think the other guy won though. Watch porter win lol

R12 to Ugas, 115-113 decision for Porter. Ugas threw a hard, overhand right which Shawn slipped on. But a straight right landed clean later.

Scored it the same. Terrible style match up and this was on prime time tv smh.

I never wanna see ugas on television ever again.

I really don’t know why Ugas was showboating so much. I get the Cuban bravado and everything, but he lost his concentration and stopped digging Shawn’s body. Faded with his output last half of the fight.

Funny i also feel the same way about porter new style. Used to love watching him go to war. Nice to see him box but felt his other style wouldve got ugas outta there.

Ugas is boring tho

Don’t think porter won at all. I also question that “slip”. Not saying he was just but he was locked down. I’m not talking about the first judo sweep either lol

Back
Top Bottom