Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If that’s real and not just a negotiation tactic, wow, Canelo’s a wild boy. I like the confidence tho

If that’s real and not just a negotiation tactic, wow, Canelo’s a wild boy. I like the confidence tho

Sounds like GGG has already caved on the fight being in LV, I'm thinking him and GB want DAZN to sweeten the deal.

The Callum Smith fight could be real fight in a year or so, but he needs to built up here first unless Canelo seriously wants to go over there which seems unlikely. They don't even want to go to NY for GGG.

Sounds like GGG has already caved on the fight being in LV, I'm thinking him and GB want DAZN to sweeten the deal.

The Callum Smith fight could be real fight in a year or so, but he needs to built up here first unless Canelo seriously wants to go over there which seems unlikely. They don't even want to go to NY for GGG.

Ok, so basically they’re not really serious, at least right now. And I doubt any of those fights pulls in what a third GGG fight does at the moment so yeah, probably just talk.

Canelo vs. Kovalev or Smith could be interesting down the line though. Before Canelo and GGG ever fought I figured Canelo was getting stopped and he proved me wrong on that one, maybe he can actually deal with the power from these bigger guys too. Bold move if they actually go that route eventually

Ok, so basically they’re not really serious, at least right now. And I doubt any of those fights pulls in what a third GGG fight does at the moment so yeah, probably just talk.

Canelo vs. Kovalev or Smith could be interesting down the line though. Before Canelo and GGG ever fought I figured Canelo was getting stopped and he proved me wrong on that one, maybe he can actually deal with the power from these bigger guys too. Bold move if they actually go that route eventually

I guess I was wrong.

He's a legend if he pulls this off, but I just can't see it.

Cliffs

• Waddell & Reed is desperate to sell to recoup some of their investment.
  • Endeavor is looking at going the league model and having Haymon stay on in the Dana White role.
  • The Ali Act could be a problem if they do want to make this the "UFC of Boxing".
  • Endeavor tried to buy a piece of TR too
Starts at about 16:50

Last edited:
thats crazy if canelo jumps up in weight to fight kovalev... kinda interested to see what would happen if the fight actually happen

Canelo trying to fight kovalev?!
full

Wow

Clearly he must see a weakness to pick Kovalev specifically. Probably gonna try to work the body like Ward. And maybe he's not too worried about the power considering he handled GGGs really well. Still, Kovalev has that height and reach advantage and he's gonna fight tall, I doubt he's gonna be in a phone booth fight like with GGG. Signing that fight would be a bold move man.

Wow

Clearly he must see a weakness to pick Kovalev specifically. Probably gonna try to work the body like Ward. And maybe he's not too worried about the power considering he handled GGGs really well. Still, Kovalev has that height and reach advantage and he's gonna fight tall, I doubt he's gonna be in a phone booth fight like with GGG. Signing that fight would be a bold move man.
be-bolder-steak.gif

Wow

Kovalev can gas out in the second half of the fight as well

Ward gave the blueprint on beating Kovalev, Kovalev doesn't know how to fight inside, it's about can Canelo execute that gameplan or if Kovalev can keep the fight from long range with his jab

Last edited:
Kovalev's jab is going to prevent Canelo from ever having success on the inside, and Kov's strong enough to muscle him around to reestablish range.

Unless the fight is at like 172 with a hydration clause, Canelo is getting stopped within 6.

Mannix mentioned on his pod that DAZN might end up getting Mikey vs. Danny.

Mikey nearly signed with them during the week of the Spence fight according to Eddie.

How about instead of calling out the krisher who is a shell of himself call put the real light heavy king chilling in retirement in ward

I dont wanna see krisher and canelo fasho gon make that man lose weight and have a stipulation for rehydration

Joseph Parker: 241.5 lbs. Alex Leapai: 254.2 lbs for the co-main of Andrade card tonight on DAZN

Back
Top Bottom