OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

depending on which service you use, we have

3 5* WR's (all starting)
1 5* TE
3 5* RBs
2 5* QBs
5 5* OL in the 2deep (and an All American 4* Soph LT)

This **** is just silly for anybody, let alone a defensive HC in his 3rd year :sick:. I been calling this dynasty to happen for years and now we're here. #Cardodamus #DynastyDawgs

Lol you been wrong literally every year of your life

You guys read that ESPN story on Maryland football :smh: That program is a ****ing disgrace. I wonder how much of that goes on at programs across the country.

Some of these strength coaches are the dumbest ****ing meatheads in the world.

In one example, a player whom coaches wanted to lose weight was forced to eat candy bars as he was made to watch teammates working out

Another former player alleged the staff made an injured player do a tug-of-war competition against the whole defensive back unit. "They made him do it with one hand," he said. "Coach Court called him a p---- after he didn't win. One [player] was doing a tug of war ... and he passed out. ... I saw his body slowly giving away, and the strength coach was like, 'Keep pulling, keep pulling!' ... He collapsed on the ground. He looked at him like, 'You quit on the team.' It was really barbaric."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rapins-football-culture-toxic-coach-dj-durkin

Ole S&C coach would look real cute with some kid whoopin’ his a**. Ole boy knows he wouldn’t be barking that stupid stuff out in the street/public.

I thought that all the big programs where on their analytical, data collection tip when it came to strength and conditioning. I didn't realize big schools we're still on that super macho, "I'm going to work you until you break" stuff.

depending on which service you use, we have

3 5* WR's (all starting)
1 5* TE
3 5* RBs
2 5* QBs
5 5* OL in the 2deep (and an All American 4* Soph LT)

This **** is just silly for anybody, let alone a defensive HC in his 3rd year :sick:. I been calling this dynasty to happen for years and now we're here. #Cardodamus #DynastyDawgs

Cardo. You can’t be a dynasty with no championships :lol:

Some of these strength coaches are the dumbest ****ing meatheads in the world.

In one example, a player whom coaches wanted to lose weight was forced to eat candy bars as he was made to watch teammates working out

Another former player alleged the staff made an injured player do a tug-of-war competition against the whole defensive back unit. "They made him do it with one hand," he said. "Coach Court called him a p---- after he didn't win. One [player] was doing a tug of war ... and he passed out. ... I saw his body slowly giving away, and the strength coach was like, 'Keep pulling, keep pulling!' ... He collapsed on the ground. He looked at him like, 'You quit on the team.' It was really barbaric."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rapins-football-culture-toxic-coach-dj-durkin

A player died in May after. Workout at UMD. An investigation shows staff waited an hour before they called 911.

https://es.pn/2AXPPIb

I thought that all the big programs where on their analytical, data collection tip when it came to strength and conditioning. I didn't realize big schools we're still on that super macho, "I'm going to work you until you break" stuff.
It’s bascially modern day slavery. Work the bucks until they die damn near.

It’s bascially modern day slavery. Work the bucks until they die damn near.

Ehhh, I wouldn't exactly go that far as to call it modern day slavery. They're definitely benefits to increased conditioning and the mental strength needed to play in adverse conditions like extreme heat, rain, etc. We've all played again players who've withered under the heat or couldn't take the cold.

That being said the stuff they were doing at Maryland was obviously out of line. I wonder what exactly they thought they were accomplishing by running their players into the ground. Players who are hospitalized, injured and dead due to over-training can't help your team

LOL 10508 cardo jr ln 10508 cardo jr ln never change.

—————
@casper90403
Jack sears is leading the QB comp so far. Scrimmage tomorrow. He’s completing 72% of his passes compared to JT’s 65% but JT has more completions than Jack has pass attempts. Jacks athleticism and scrambling ability may be elite though.

Jacks running the RPO offense as a true threat to keep which helps the RBs the pass game is limited with him. JT’s running it like a pro style offense and handing off on the zone read every time like Darnold was but he’s hitting NFL throws the others can’t.

Guess he'll be gone after this year. Any word on Milton seems like he impressed in the spring?

What’s QB depth/recruiting looking like if Peters transfers? Is Shea outplaying both of them by that much?

It would be McCaffery and Joe Milton... Shea seems to be 1 and its all but locked up... Cade McNamara will be in next year too... Talent is there, just need the offense to move the ball and not go into a shell when its winning time.

What’s QB depth/recruiting looking like if Peters transfers? Is Shea outplaying both of them by that much?

Shea's been pretty much what was advertised. The D's struggled keeping contain on him, and he's helped alleviate some of the OL issues with his feet in the pocket.

McCaffery's looked good and has a strong command of the offense. Joe Milton (the freshman) is really talented but just really raw at this point.

He reminds me a lot of a Black Josh Allen.

Guess he'll be gone after this year. Any word on Milton seems like he impressed in the spring?

Inconsistent so far, he hasn't gotten that many meaningful reps though because of the three guys ahead of him. The plan is to redshirt him and to work on his mechanics and touch this season.

Back
Top Bottom