OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

of for sure.

Who;s in line for DB coach?

Names that are coming up:

- Mark Carrier is openly campaigning for the job to the AD and media, but SC is passing on him for now (he hasn't coached in the nfl in 3 years, and not in college in like 12?)
- Gerald Alexander from Cal has been coming up a lot too and he's a guy that's well thought of as a hungry up and comer in the Deland McCullough mold
- Donte Williams at Oregon had an agreement in place to come to SC last year then for whatever reason either Helton or the admin just decided not to do it. Kind of like the Adrian Klemm situation. Probably Helton being loyal to a fault to his day 1 guys. If Donte came we'd see like 4+ DB flips to SC. But I don't know or think that Donte necessarily wants to leave Oregon right now. It's just a name that comes up because there was interest last year when he was unemployed.
- Demetrice Martin at Arizona is another name that comes up. Former USC guy, recruited well at UCLA (Darnay Holmes went there only BECAUSE of him) but he's another guy that SC looked at last year when he was available and it seemed Bradford may be forced out and then he too was passed on
- There's another guy who's being talked to but I have no idea who it is. No names, just talk of "a better option" whatever that means.

I think Kyler should win it but Tua will. Tua is on an undefeated team in the “premier” conference. Kyler is on a team with a loss playing in a conference that doesn’t play defense. That’s how espn will spin it because y’all know damn well that trophy isn’t about the best player most of the time

Announcement was delayed to this morning by both sides to create hype. Kliff comes off looking like as hot a commodity as Lincoln Riley - especially with talk of NFL teams *gasp* offering him the head coach gig, even after he went 35-40 as a HC at TTU.

USC looks like they won a bidding war against *gasp* several NFL teams including the Dallas cowboys who wanted to name Kliff their HC (they didn't) or at least OC and everyone says to themselves "SC is reestablishing the brand! They're at the big boys table again! They're hot and desirable!"

I think I've posted this before but Kliff wanted to be at UCLA with Sumlin back in 2012 before they got the TAMU offer. He would have jumped at the UCLA job last year had they offered and to be honest he's been talking to Swann and boosters for months about coming over as HC or OC depending how either side's seasons played out. If USC goes 9-3 or better, Kliff's image is restored and he can move on. If they lose 5 or more games, Helton gets fired, Kliff gets named interim and everyone can sell the optimistic future again, even though it's more of the same from both parties.

Yeah there's no way a guy who just got canned would be as hot of a commodity as Lincoln Riley but I see what they were trying to muster

Who is Oklahoma’s QB next year? I am curious to see how Riley’s offense will look. He walked into Baker/Kyler, two of those once in a lifetime type talents

Probably going to be Spencer Rattler, honestly.

I could see Tanner Mordecai making noise there, but he's a little less in the mold of Baker/Kyler and more Sam Bradford... Not sure if that fits Lincoln as well.

Last edited:
PFF’s grades aren’t opponent adjusted which is why guys like Brown and Isabella are able to get on lists like this because of dominating subpar comp.

fahqu001 fahqu001 What do you think of all this Briles talk?

Fingers are certainly pointing in his direction, especially since Freeze to be dragging his feet. Honestly I think we get of the two (more than likely Briles). FAU has even put a good word for Kendal (he’s also on UTk’s radar). Fedora’s name was brought up, but seems like a distant 3rd.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that. I meant moreso the fact that you are hiring a Briles.

Like, that stench from that situation still isn't off him for me. I'm personally not a fan of the hire but I get it from a football standpoint and it seems he has done all that he could to erase the lingering stigma from Baylor off of him. But still. Strictly football-wise it's a no brainer and it should have been done last year if he didn't have everything else going on.

Yes, Kendal nako xl nako xl

Kendall getting a job is still crazy, IMO. Sounds like he's interviewing at UTk too.

Back
Top Bottom