OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Muschamp got UF, and Smart got UGA without any prior HC experience.

I guess we won't really know one way or another until he gets offered a job of that caliber.

Venables said that he doesn't want to take a HC job til his son graduates though?

Muschamp got UF, and Smart got UGA without any prior HC experience.

I guess we won't really know one way or another until he gets offered a job of that caliber.

Venables said that he doesn't want to take a HC job til his son graduates though?
His son’s a freshman, right?

Muschamp and Smart got jobs after fairly short tenures as DCs.

Brent’s been on the HC radar since at least when he got hired at OU and almost won the Broyles award in 06. And he’s never gotten that kind of attention that we know of. It’s always been jobs like TTU or KSU.

Brent’s been on the HC radar since at least when he got hired at OU and almost won the Broyles award in 06. And he’s never gotten that kind of attention that we know of. It’s always been jobs like TTU or KSU.

I remember someone used to try to say in here Venables had booze issues holding him back, back then but I haven't heard about that in years. Maybe I'm thinking of a different coach.

Part of the reason SC admins were scared to do anything involving major money and football last month. Not a good look with this $250M lawsuit and police investigation ongoing.

That’s your team, so you know more than me about them, but I’ve never read anything out of multiple articles or Boards that suggested Elko was Jimbo’s #1. Does that mean they’re right? No

Either way, are you suggesting A&M never tried to get Aranda?
A&M had him & LSU game him a raise to 2 mil + whatever he wanted on the defensive side

Michigan fans never cease to amaze me... 12 page thread and another 5 page thread that just started about a handful of guys sitting out the bowl game... People that have never sniffed a college football down saying it is disrespectful to the University and the program... Michigan is the epitome of "back in my day" and Harbaugh is the perfect coach for them.

conceited-gif-12.gif

He was in his mid 30's tho in 06 which would have been a tough sale for power programs, and the narrative around him quickly changed going into the late 00's/early 10's. His defenses were still good if you go by advanced metrics, but the majority of the country still hadn't caught up to fact of why the traditional stats are garbage. Which is why he was pushed out and scapegoated by Bob at OU.

Michigan fans never cease to amaze me... 12 page thread and another 5 page thread that just started about a handful of guys sitting out the bowl game... People that have never sniffed a college football down saying it is disrespectful to the University and the program... Michigan is the epitome of "back in my day" and Harbaugh is the perfect coach for them.

Are you a michigan fan

A&M boards have had the same conversation a hundred times over.

Talking about how grateful they are for Trayveon and Miles Garrett and Jace Sternberger respecting their teammates and the university and saying they'd stop buying tickets and/or donating to the program if kids that elect to sit out in the future aren't "removed from the program".

I’m sure if some of the keyboard warrriors had kids that put pads, jersey, and a helmet on for ____ university and their child had chance at the NFL, especially a high draft pick, they’d want their kid to sit out. Especially if some lame *** bowl that only adds a W to their HC’s and university name. Mess around and end up like Jaylon Smith. At least Willis McGahee was play for a Natty, but still ...

This isn’t exclusive Michigan fans.

This isn’t exclusive Michigan fans.

Exactly. There's a portion of every fanbase, especially message board types, who don't like players skipping bowl games.

The thing I find funny is that these folks say players who skipped bowl games are "quitting on their teams" but if you asked their teammates, they I know these players best and our the most understanding ones.

It's also interesting that these fans have no issues with coaches leaving before bowl games for new jobs. Aren't these coaches quitting on their teams?

I am all for these guys getting themselves ready for the draft in lieu of meaningless bowl games.

I mean come on man.

There's legitimately no reason for him to stay in college. He already had one of the best seasons any quarterback has ever had in the Big 10 and Ohio State is losing a lot of great skill position players and their head coach.

Also, next year's quarterback class is better than this ones, Next year he has to compete with Jake Fromm and Tua.

Unless he believes that Ohio State can win a championship next year, or he really wants to get his degree I don't see him coming back. He's going to be a top-10 pick this year

Back
Top Bottom