OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Any chances Sarkisian ends up back at Bama now that he's out in Atlanta? Or does Saban already have the next OC on staff?

Yup, seems like a lateral move to me. It's rare you see a Power 5 coach leave for a Group of 5 job. Maybe its just about the money and power

Yup, seems like a lateral move to me. It's rare you see a Power 5 coach leave for a Group of 5 job. Maybe its just about the money and power

I guess if the playoffs expands to 8 soon it’s a good move otherwise it’s s clear sign he doesn’t give a **** about a national championship.

I guess if the playoffs expands to 8 soon it’s a good move otherwise it’s s clear sign he doesn’t give a **** about a national championship.

Did he ever have a chance of winning a NC at WVU? This was his best team with a probable NFL QB (who he got as a transfer) and they went 8-3.

WVU is probably a better job than UH, but sustaining 7-8+ wins seasons at WVU in the Big XII is a lot harder than being a consistent G5 NYD bowl rep/AAC champ at UH.

Wasn’t Holgorsen on the hot seat not too long ago? If WVU was only going to give him a year extension, I’d bolt, too. Besides that, I’d prefer to be in Houston than Morgantown.

Not the same as Gus the Bus, but ... may as well take the money and restart your clock. Curious if Malzan would jump ship to Arky if he had to do it again?

Last edited:
If Jim is looking to change offense he goes and gets Brian Wright from Toledo

Honestly with the money he is making they could probably just offer Jason Candle a mill and hire him.

He's a drunk ******* but I'd be cool with Matt Canada too. His offense fits into what Jim wants to do philosophically, and the guy made Nathan Peterman into a draftable NFL prospect.

Jim's problem on O is that he too much faith in his personnel IMO. Kevin Kelley expanded on this when he was on PAPN but the old head NFL guys like Jim view football as a game of match ups and exploiting an oppositions weakest link. Whereas the new guys view it as a game of leveraging space because for a lot of those guys when they were coming up as HC's there were no match ups to exploit. The other team's 11 were better then your 11 no matter how you sliced it so you had to find other ways to win.

Jim understood that he didn't have the horses at Stanford which is why you saw all the motions and the shifts there (in many respects it resembled what Canada does), but here they've been basically trying to run a watered down version of the Alex Smith offense in SF, and it doesn't work because we don't have the OL, or the RB's to run it against teams with either more or similar talent top to bottom.

He needs to start coaching games again like he's got Tavita Pritchard at QB, and Griff Whalen at WR.

8931801.png

Just wanted to share this

Did he ever have a chance of winning a NC at WVU? This was his best team with a probable NFL QB (who he got as a transfer) and they went 8-3.

WVU is probably a better job than UH, but sustaining 7-8+ wins seasons at WVU in the Big XII is a lot harder than being a consistent G5 NYD bowl rep/AAC champ at UH.

He may have had a longshot but he could go 13-0 at Houston and he’s not getting a playoff shot. He was about to make the playoffs with a 12-1 WVU season and only had to worry about beating UT and OU.

Honestly with the money he is making they could probably just offer Jason Candle a mill and hire him.

He's a drunk ******* but I'd be cool with Matt Canada too. His offense fits into what Jim wants to do philosophically, and the guy made Nathan Peterman into a draftable NFL prospect.

Jim's problem on O is that he too much faith in his personnel IMO. Kevin Kelley expanded on this when he was on PAPN but the old head NFL guys like Jim view football as a game of match ups and exploiting an oppositions weakest link. Whereas the new guys view it as a game of leveraging space because for a lot of those guys when they were coming up as HC's there were no match ups to exploit. The other team's 11 were better then your 11 no matter how you sliced it so you had to find other ways to win.

Jim understood that he didn't have the horses at Stanford which is why you saw all the motions and the shifts there (in many respects it resembled what Canada does), but here they've been basically trying to run a watered down version of the Alex Smith offense in SF, and it doesn't work because we don't have the OL, or the RB's to run it against teams with either more or similar talent top to bottom.

He needs to start coaching games again like he's got Tavita Pritchard at QB, and Griff Whalen at WR.

Good thing is Ed Warriner is the OL Coach to fix the OL which isnt fix overnight but its progress there, I agree with you Jim need to let the OC run the show and he need to focus on clock management and other things. He does need to start coaching like he did at Stanford and San Fran and the ways to be OSU is to go in shootouts with them.

I just can't see any QB getting into a rhythm in Jims offense... It moves at a snails pace... 31 seconds between ball down and snap was a stat I saw vs UF...Constantly substituting and allowing defenses to match personnel is frustrating... 2 TEs on every 1st and 2nd down doesn't bode well in 2018... The 2 min O is a mess and was all year... He has a lot to change and I don't think he views it that way... The defense is fine as a base D between the 20's... When they get into the redone I would like to see some sort of zone to keep guys out of 1on1 in small areas... The blitz packages are not unique or exotic no matter who tries to tell you that... Good thing Vert is coming back because the DL is going to be quite bad at applying pressure unless Villian gets heathy and is what he looked like in HS... Lots of questions Jim has to answer and I don't know if he is willing to do it.

LSU fans and players have been talking a lot of trash going into this game. If they pull in Auburn, and lose to UCF they'll never hear the end of it

Back
Top Bottom